Shaggy's Fantasy Island (A virtual exclusive cannabis community, of sorts.) (Part 1)

Nice little selection!!!
Hydro’s on vehicles really isn’t my thing, but you’ve got to respect the time and enormous amount of cash needed to make one.
I’ll spend my money for other things on the cars. 1 is I NEED to get a camshaft and lifters ordered for the inexpensive Regal motor I’ve got stashed away in the garage. Scored the short block and a set of rebuilt heads for $1500. Then an add popped up here in town on FB, and I got there 1st, and scored over $4k in parts for $250 since the guy really didn’t know what parts sold for.
I kinda felt bad, but told him give me a price, and he came back at $250 for like 4 boxes full of parts, I couldn’t get my wallet out fast enough, LOL

5 Likes

Wow, right!
Yeah, you do have to appreciate the work put into it. But definitely not my thing. Though this Monte Carlo up on skates…I’d rock that.

I just need a 351 Cleveland and some time. Not that there’s anything wrong with the 289 in my 'stang. Low miles too. But every time I find one, no matter the condition(mostly clapped out rust blocks), they want like a grand for it. I know they’re kinda hard to find, but no thanks. Eventually I’ll probably just break down and buy a crate. Either that or build a Boss. I just want it to really eat that fuel, lol.

7 Likes

Can/t believe it !!! I won __ Glad I came to the Island

7 Likes

Hmm, this looks like a nice spot, I might just stay here :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Welcome to @JAWS @hawkman @Bayarealivingsoil @Slammedsonoma420

YIKES :grimacing: I went to open grove bags and started to smell the dreaded on BX1 and BX3, went in on closer inspection what looks to be starting. Now before I hear chuck it, let me tell you a story about a grower in WV that grew in his basement.

We met from the IRC chat, he gave about 5-6 different strains from a recent grow Blueberry, Durban Poison, and some others all smelled the same and like a strong damp musty basement. It puzzled me but I still smoked it, not pleasant but still did get me high, always left a strong musty aftertaste of that basement. Never forgot it either.

We get to chatting I’m trying to help him figure out what’s going on, mind you this is a 20 year old trying to help about a 65 yr old senior, and it finally hit me when he told me about his humidity, he resented the fact I told him he has mold issues and needs to get drier air in or dry the bud somewhere else, he thought it was just fine but I tell him there’s no way for everything to taste or smell musty.

He was growing in about 80%, so for me out of anything sent, given or bought, this was the WORST bud I ever had, so with that being a on a scale of 10 being unbearable, what happened with BX1 and BX3 is about 2-3.

Nevertheless, after much reading about water soaks etc, I decided to lightly decarb in a dehydrator at 150 degrees for 5 mins. My thinking kill it quick enough in heat.

• multiple studies suggest that extreme heat over 140°F / 60°C will kill mold . Heat can also be used to remove surface mold off mold*

The damp smell is gone in BX1, slight decarb and original odor mixed. BX3 too, very faint left in BX3. BX3 needed up to 10 mins, so it depends on how moist. Before I decided to do this I smoked BX1 to test how bad it got, still had its flavor and slight damp, so the process is very early and I’m hoping this is a save trick. Since I don’t smell the damp odor it was killed theoretically.

I’ve now just smoked BX3, guess what people I’VE DONE IT AGAIN! GONE! Smokes with all its pine/mint flavor, slightly drier, but still sticky. I’ve not only came up with quick steam dry, but now I’ve developed on the fly a method that IF you catch the mold early enough before it’s set in, lightly decarb to kill, it’s possible to save flavor and some odor retained. I’m pretty happy now, however the choice is up to ya all if you want me to send it or not.

I was expecting to say well it’s still there a bit, I can still do it but now I can say nope it’s gone, and I’m so sensitive that was slight to begin. Let me ask, which is more important, a slightly decarb odor or full flavor if you safely can save the start of mold beginning ? I’m definitely taking a light decarb odor to still have all my flavor and you know you caught it in time if the flavor is still clean, ZERO damp aftertaste. Just rolled the BX1 to confirm, gone too! So this does work IF it caught with in days. Do keep checking, some may require another round if damp smell starts coming back in hours of being stored, BX3 slightly more coughing drier (roll tighter to solve) so if powerful it will be a harder mean hit to handle than it was but won’t taste damp or aftertaste. I haven’t felt strange or nauseated, otherwise Im susceptible to toxicities and say no go. Let me know if I should send, but I’m happy to keep it if not convinced I just saved it ALL while writing this post :face_with_monocle::grin:

11 Likes

Great information – Thanks — please send any if your work !!!

1 Like

Yeah I thought it was ruined and couldn’t share any BX1 or BX3 for the event, but knew it actually works when I couldn’t taste the damp musty. Bud that’s far too gone will smell and taste strong of damp must and nothing can change or save it. That I’d throw out and take no chances at my age now or anyone else’s health, but if I can’t taste it, I’m assuming it’s dead dried spores that are harmlessly combusted now.

5 Likes

Welcome to all that are new to the island :desert_island:!
:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::+1::facepunch::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Thanks for your information

2 Likes

I just suck it out with hexane in a soxhlet when it gets too far gone. I tried vinegar once, it all smelled like fish and chips :rofl:

1 Like

Thinking about selling this relic 36 Plymouth have a 9” ford and Muncie 4 speed. Old stuff but don’t need and can use it to update the grow building

15 Likes

@Kgrim ???

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, but have my hands full with the 2 I’ve got, and don’t have the room for anything else yet.

4 Likes

Nice car @Cactus , are the floors still good/solid? And you wouldn’t happen to be on the east coast would ya?

3 Likes

Desert Southwest Arizona, thinking about making a trip to Great Lakes area could haul it I guess but have never been on east coast. I can take more pics of it and the inside. Just don’t know what it is worth but want to hook up a cooling unit in my new grow building and thought that this would help when I go to install it. Have a bunch of other stainless steel tanks with the man-ways put in, was going to open a brewery but missed the boat so to speak so going to sell it too. One dream for another I guess :grinning:

Car is from Wyoming @420noob

6 Likes

Lol that car wouldn’t exist anymore if uncovered outside for any amount of time. Cars hardly rust out southwest airlines unless all the paint has come off which the sun will do!

4 Likes

I love old cars. My grandfather and I restored many old cars, mainly Chevys

3 Likes

Vaporizer Up For Grabs

12 Likes

No wonder I wasn’t getting any notifications from the island. I didn’t have my coconut screwed on tight.:green_heart:

9 Likes

@Greenfingers ,
That could mean so many things… :thinking:

4 Likes