Shaggy's Fantasy Island (A virtual exclusive cannabis community, of sorts.) (Part 1)

2 Likes

I’m excited hoping lions can pull a first round bye week! Minnesota twice is a nice touch to make a little easier. Meliomnu I know that’s wrong is stepping up in 3rd spot but healthy backfield again will be nice. Also Williams seems like is is wanting to break out big one if these games.

3 Likes

Good morning Islanders,
Was a hell of a hectic week last week here in Reapers Glass Shop. Got pulled off the Ford doors AGAIN to do replacement doors for Tiffany’s now that the CORRECT colored Stainless Steel arrived from China.
Cladding has been installed, doors disassembled, and machine work for hardware has begun.

I wish I could peel the tape and show this Stainless Steel, it’s mirrored, PVD coated with a Light Gold color. Will look fantastic once these are hung.
I’ll try and get a pic of the color on a scrap piece, if I have any over in the shear area.

8 Likes

Outta likes.

Couple of questions - In one shot, there appears to be an air-driven tool. Is it a caulking gun or something similar? Perhaps expanding foam?

Is it the same color as the (was it a) concession booth you built for perhaps a buddy? Maybe that was for a youth baseball team?

Those shop door jacks look great! Real precision tools.

Edit: Shit, I’m full of questions. I love tools and the people who actually build real things.

In this screenshot detail, is the darker (lighter?) color gray piece on top a hardware installation jig? That’s my guess, but I could see it being an integral part of the door, strengthening stile/rail joint. Rhetorically, it just seems to my non-artistic eye that it would look a little clunky having that step. I know, that’s really a question for the designer, but I’m sitting here toasty high…

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 9.07.05 AM

Great looking shop and beautiful work, brother!

6 Likes

Ok @mota to answer your questions, LOL
Yes, that’s a 2 part Dow Adhesive which requires a special gun to dispense it, it’s the best product I’ve ever used for cladding doors.
No, it’s not that brass that was done on the bar. This is mirrored stainless, then the PVD is applied, so it still retains the mirror, but colored.
Those are custom built in house door rotisserie’s
The only way to work on doors, especially when cladding them with stainless.
The “lighter” piece is the mirrored stainless, have to let the adhesive dry for at least 12 hours, and it’s a ton of hand fitting. When all is done and built, it’s really akin to artwork, especially with all the hand fitting and filing that’s involved.
And, let me add, this is just the 1st step in getting them done. Now, I will have to install the hardware, rebuild them, and install the finish cladding on the top and bottoms.

7 Likes

Sorry now we are all interested lol. The 2 part adhesive is it same principles as opxy? You have to keep the 2 solutions separate and only combine as appling?

4 Likes

@420noob Yes, it’s 2 tubes in a pack and the mixing is done in the tip, depending on what adhesive I’m using, it requires different tips due to mixing ratios.
I’ve used pretty much everything you would think of to get this Stainless to adhere to anodized aluminum, and this stuff is wicked good. I used it on a set that we had Hurricane tested and it passed along with the doors.

6 Likes

Thank you.

Again I’ll say, those door jacks are slick as can be!

I’ve used tip mixing epoxy, though nothing near as specialized as what you use.

Really beautiful work.

4 Likes

7 Likes

We call that Healthcare here.

Apparently dental is coming.

4 Likes

Merry Christmas eve to my island Family.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

I hope everyone has been good this year, Santa will be coming to the island tonight with goodie’s for all the good girls and boys.:santa:

5 Likes

Merry Xmas @shag and to all the islanders have a great holiday and new year!

6 Likes

Merry Christmas OG! Hope you are all safe and happy this holidays!

6 Likes

Merry Christmas @shag and all the rest of my island friends!

5 Likes

Merry Christmas @shag and everyone here on this wonderful island! :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Merry Christmas, islanders.

4 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone.

@shag all I want for Christmas is a Lions NFC North title. Think we’ll get that gift delivered today?

4 Likes

Bye week is coming! That would be a great Christmas present! To take it by beating the Vikings.

1 Like

Happy Crimbo to you too and everyone else here.

3 Likes