Shiska’s tin box grow

Yeah. I googled it and found the pot, but it didn’t say what it did or how it worked. I mean, it obviously makes hash (I think?), but how does it work?

3 Likes

It’s for making shader removes the left over butane and turns the product into a sheet of glass .

The hot plate below keeps it at a very low temp allowing the gas to evaporate.

There’s also a vacuum pump connected to the hose which runs the whole time not shown.

5 Likes

Ah, okay. That’s way above my pay grade haha. I thought it was something that made the rosin itself. But it’s like a butane extraction thing? Okay.

Every time I press more than like a gram’s worth of rosin, I end up getting these white flaky-looking things on the rosin that looks like something that should not be inhaled. Any idea what that is? It’s not there when I put the rosin in the silicon containers, but it shows up after a few days. I pressed 75 grams of California Cannon a while back, ended up getting almost ten grams of rosin. Put it in two containers and when I opened one a week later, it had a bunch of that white shit on it. No idea what it is, but I’m not gonna put it in my lungs.

3 Likes

Fat or water left in the buds I’d guess .

5 Likes

Somebody else suggested that, too, but that’s not what it is. It isn’t water-soluble. It’s hard. It looks like plastic, actually. I thought it might be from the parchment paper, so I switched brands, but it’s still happening. Anyway, not a big deal. As long as I only press like a gram or a gram and a half, it doesn’t happen. Still, it weirds me out haha.

3 Likes

Could be calcium also.

4 Likes

Last couple shots of plum gum might be getting chopped Sunday .

17 Likes

:+1::+1::+1: nicely done my friend

3 Likes

Thanks for following along on my adventures.

2 Likes

Nightmare continues in the veg room .
None of these plants listened to me and continue to get larger . Even the threat of breaking out the hedge trimmer hasn’t slowed them down drinking like pigs twice a day and still some wanting more .
Hurry up flower room is all I can say now.

15 Likes

Those are some BIG girls man :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Ya they’ve got a little out of :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: nothing some serious trimming once the cloner finishes with the current cuts . Was going to borrow my buds 60 site clone box get them all done in one shot but of course that didn’t happen so need to do it in 2 batches of 24 . Rooted a 50 site box for another grow bud a few weeks back you’d never know by looking .image
These work pretty good not near as fast as the bubble cloner but still produced 50 rooted clones in a couple weeks.

9 Likes

There are waxes in the trichs, I get it when I make RSO oil, now I leave my bud soaked alcohol to sit in a mason jar on its side for a week after fitering, so all the wax and fine sediment drops out of suspension, then pour off the alcohol for distillation trying to keep as much wax and trich heads in the jar.

7 Likes

12 Likes

Great example shadey thanks.

5 Likes

@SamwellBB formula 50 looking good nicest out of 6 I sprouted like her structure.

8 Likes

Oh, wow, that’s interesting. This doesn’t feel waxy, though, it’s hard. And it’s not sticky, either. You think it might be the same thing? I actually started a thread about this the first time it happened, posted a picture of it, too. I don’t wanna post it here, though, since this is shiskaberry’s thread.

Sorry to derail, @ShiskaberrySavior

4 Likes

@Shadey Here’s the thread, the pic is the very first thing. If you (and anybody else) wanna take a look at it, feel free. I’ve tossed multiple jars of rosin because I don’t know what it is and it weirds me out.

Sorry, again, shiska.

4 Likes

No problem more posts the merrier .

4 Likes

Orange sunshine rough trim job so sticky needs to dry a bit more .

17 Likes