Should trust level requirements be enhanced?

The back is usually where the cool kids hang out, the less privileged at the front. It is the newer growers after all that have lesser access to genetics

4 Likes

I have to get behind new members!

You don’t have to. You get to. As mentioned before, I was first on Overgrow in 2001/2002. Curious when you first joined. Much love

3 Likes

Bro! You have wayyyyy more reason to bitch than I do. If I’m a level 2 your a level 10 I know you have put in so much work here! Through the years… I’m still sitting on a pack of your Oaxaca waiting to go with my father in law so I can try to hunt some beans to cross ( after of coarse i OP your beans you sent me)

1 Like

I’m not really bitching, just hoping we can modify the rules a bit to more accurately reflect true participation. I typically don’t even sign up for coop runs. I have plenty of seeds already. I like giving people seeds they can’t find and/ or afford. The only way we little people will ever compete with corporate when it comes to growing good weed/ seed/ having the best genetics, is If we all band together and share genetics. All of them.

23 Likes

Fandoms that are hostile to new people, die.

7 Likes

I get what you are saying. This is why I posted that I feel people misinterpret the current system. That feels more like a people issue rather than a system issue. The first thing I do when contemplating certain things with other members is to check their activity. Through that I can see their interactions, threads created and get a general feel for what they are on OG for.

Now we do have the Overgrower badge for completion of Co-op seed runs. There was also discussion of a badge for giveaways which would help those who do seed runs outside the Co-op. It was posted by LemonadeJoe but did not go anywhere.

9 Likes

@Sbeanonnamellow even if you joined from 2001/2002 + the few months you have been here recently. I have still been here longer than you! So what your point ? My point is like I said before we shouldn’t have to or as you put it get behind y’all.

Y’all should be in the back of the bus!!!

And I should be behind those who came before me like toasty jakes , ect…. Not the other way around

I don’t care how long you’ve been here as long as you’re cool.

27 Likes

So many us vs y’all in your comments. Teamwork makes the dream work. No need to pull the ladder up after yourself when we can uplift others. You’ve been at Overgrow 2.0 longer than me, but I’ve been a member of Overgrow longer than you.

Like @Foreigner just said, as long as you’re cool. Proof is in the pudding. Much love

16 Likes

The curious noob hungry for knowledge is as valuable as a grizzled old curmudgeon who knows everything.

28 Likes

Wisdom. Everything touches. Much love

3 Likes

The fact is that every member was new once. Some are rock stars and some are bottom feeders. Then there is all the in-between. The joy of such a diverse crowd is that all bring something to the table, whether it be good or bad. We get to learn the who’s who over time. If folks need to know something instantly, I would suggest a lottery scratch ticket, lol.

19 Likes

@Upstate Is there a way to just buy some of those beans off you? I’ll probably never be able to sign up for free seeds the little I use or understand the site. And honestly I feel better about paying the breeder for their work anyway.

4 Likes

Yes for sure.

I’ve also got an innate dislike for this kind of hierarchical structure. I will accept and support all these proposed changes as long as I get to be 2nd lieutenant in charge of Promix.

7 Likes

Just an opinion but I believe there are too many factors involved to rely solely on any trust level or pips as a determining factor, there are people who created their accounts in 2016 who never participate nor post and only have 3 pips while people like th Doc came in and built up trust quickly by pandering and posting continuously…gaming the system in a sense. I am pretty sure I saw one long-standing member with 3 pips pop up last week and someone realized this and passed them some beans. I would think that it is the newb’s looking for seeds for a first grow who would have a greater need for seeds and don’t see any issues with allowing new members to participate and gain trust levels fairly quickly… it would be a shame if there were a certain number of posts needed to gain a trust level and people just started posting nonsense to increase their post numbers :sweat_smile: And it is true that some members who have been here since the 2016 reopening sign up for each and every giveaway and some can be seen winning quite a few every week…every week. I see nothing wrong with that either…in any healthy system there will be a large range of diversity and an aquarium without “bottom feeders” :roll_eyes: becomes quite ugly and overgrown with algae fairly quickly, just as a tank containing only top-level predators soon depletes itself and ends up on the path of extinction. OG already has rules and trust levels in place, and people having giveaways can set their expectations for participation, and these seem more than sufficient to me.

14 Likes

Dibs on staff sargent for torment and demise of seedlings.

3 Likes

I will claim the position of “the devil in the details” :upside_down_face: :crazy_face: :rofl:

5 Likes

I mean, I was kidding, but look how quick it devolves into silliness. Funny perhaps but not very productive.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: I was kidding too, dry kindling only takes a small spark to ignite but then the little fire will expand and destroy everything in its path until there is some sort of effort taken to put it out

1 Like

I’m using Duolingo right now and they reward me with titles and gems and admittance to special leagues and cool titles and all that shit. It’s totally gamified and has nothing to do with learning language.

Let’s not turn this into that. There’s only one change I would make and that’s “Foreigner for President!” President of what to be decided at a later date.

8 Likes