Should trust level requirements be enhanced?

:sweat_smile: I was kidding too, dry kindling only takes a small spark to ignite but then the little fire will expand and destroy everything in its path until there is some sort of effort taken to put it out

1 Like

I’m using Duolingo right now and they reward me with titles and gems and admittance to special leagues and cool titles and all that shit. It’s totally gamified and has nothing to do with learning language.

Let’s not turn this into that. There’s only one change I would make and that’s “Foreigner for President!” President of what to be decided at a later date.

8 Likes

You qualify for coop runs once you are a member. You are a member.

4 Likes

I’d never sell Lambsbread. It’s forbidden. I would never sell any raw unworked landraces. I’ll give them away as freebies when I do start selling seeds, and I’ll always give them away here.
Fuck. Outta likes again.

I absolutely agree. But value does not equal trust.
To me, trust level means one thing only. How much you can trust someone, especially if you find yourself on the wrong side of the law, as many here do.
.I can guarantee you one thing. A cop will
NEVER do a seed run. PERIOD.

23 Likes

I think this is super fair because tbh I’ve now received a bunch of co-op and free seeds and I literally torpedoed my whole first grow after getting Covid in March. I’m trying to develop the trust in myself to grow and I agree that experience and a give and get system would be respectable.

7 Likes

I truly believe this is SOOO UNDER UTILIZED by many but this is IMO one of the only true indicators.

16 Likes

Sometimes but not really. You have many members that come just to get free seeds. New here is not necessarily a new grower needed good genetics.
I wish I knew how to make the trust system fairer. All I know I read like crazy when I joined, asked people questions and didn’t even know I was a TL3. I find it an insult me, knowing nothing, was tl3 while experience trusted people are tl2. :confused:

10 Likes

I feel this is a good idea as it should/will boost the number of people willing to do a seed run.

I am in favor of a trade based system based on successful transactions.

6 Likes

Who and when you trust are your decision and your decision alone. There is talk of badges for trust. I’ve learned to distrust people with badges for obvious reasons.

But if you’ll only deal with co-op runners it’s a pretty small pool.

Security is an important concern and if that’s your move I don’t blame you.

I was much more concerned when it was totally illegal for me.

9 Likes

I have to agree with you there. The idea of finding some kind of badge that would instantly create trust does not seem possible to me. People need to earn my trust and vice versa. IMO it’s not for the site to create a security blanket, it’s just a site. It’s the users who need to determine individually who each user trusts and who they don’t. It is a site for adults only after all. The site team will help if issues arise, that’s all we can really ask for IMO.

5 Likes

Did it work?

But you’re 100% right about the security blanket. The homework is yours to do. Anyone who takes 10 minutes to read my thread will have a pretty good idea of who I am and if I am to be trusted.

I’m a nice guy, it’s true.

15 Likes

Lol, but which Foreigner? There are thousands in every country :rofl: But yeah, folks must do their own homework. I will agree that you are a nice guy though :wink: Also the site has put up rules to protect us as best they can while walking the line of allowing folks to do what they want.

2 Likes

(We are all foreigners in a strange land)

Don’t tell anyone I have a reputation to maintain.

6 Likes

excellent word use! 10 out of 10.

7 Likes

Thank you. I’m also a big fan of rigmarole but get to use it so rarely.

7 Likes

This has been in use more frequently in my vocabulary since you enlightened me with this one.

3 Likes

i love reading anyway and missed about 6 years of this site so it didn’t take me long to get there either. hell i’ve been on here every day since i joined too. got more strains of seeds than i ever had and can’t wait to get that license to grow them all out and make seeds to give away to everyone.

i like the idea of trust based on successful interactions someone mentioned but then you could get people with sock accounts vouching for one another. i like the idea of leaving it the way it is, maybe give tips on how to check whether to trust someone in seed exchanges.

3 Likes

I dont think that would really work out anyway. They already had to push runs off to the next season due to it just getting too big to handle.

I do agree that previous seed run donors should have a special slot saved for them or made for them. It really would take nothing to add in 5-10 extra slots for those who missed the signup but have been a contributor in the past or to maybe have a separate 10 slot signup for co-op contributors. I’m pretty sure the regular emeritus was created to handle those who were regulars when they signed up but weren’t at the end. Should be something for doing a seedrun too.

6 Likes

As you wish…

I have spoken.

6 Likes

feel free to strip the little green dots from next to my name if they trigger people they mean nothing to me

1 Like