Should trust level requirements be enhanced?

I am starting to agree.
It would seem any type of serious conversations are a waste of time.
What happened to intelegent conversation?
It has gone the way of the dodo bird.

I personally find that folks just want you to shut you up, squash your ideas, they are here just a disruption and do not contribute anything of value to the original conversation.
It is all about the personal feelings and facts just can not be considered.
What a world we have today…

It’s pretty simple, man. Nobody likes your idea. You keep coming up with paragraphs that nobody has responded to or liked for most of this thread. It’s pretty clear that we’re mostly all here because we want an open community and are happy with the ways that LJ and mods run things. You seem unhappy with this status quo, you seem to be in the minority, your options are be aware of that and proceed accordingly, leave the site, or whine about it. You’re whining about it and when people won’t agree with you, you are accusing them of protecting these shady villains we are all in need of YOUR protection from. This is embarrassing to watch, @shag

17 Likes

You bring this up frequently.
Do you feel it’s unfair that the site protected itself from financial harm but didnt protect members from harm? This member specifically? What can we do to make LAJ whole?

1 Like

Dude, I say what is on my mind, always…
For you to say I mean something I do not is just a joke.
I speak my mind.

If I want to say things like…
I think you are just here to create drama I would and I am not shy about it.
BTW
I think you are just here to create drama
And I am certainly not the only one that sees this.
So you see I need no sub text, I am happy to lay it all out there for all to see.
I do not beat around the bush, I am always to the point, I just try my best not to be rude about it.

That is a lesson that could be learned by others. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you do not feel this is wrong you have issues with your morality.
What is good for the goose should be good for the gander…no?
Why should there be inequality.
You seem to suggest inequality should be accepted.
For the record I do not support ineuality at any level.
And if you do where is the line drawn?

I am not suggesting inequality, I don’t know the situation, I’m asking you what is the remedy. What do we do to make LAJ whole after the harm they have experienced

That is strange you must think you know it all.
The idea is supported by many.
they just don’t wanna deal with all the drama you folks bring.
Example:
I did not start this thread, in fact I don’t think I started any threads on this topic but they keep popping up.

What are you dong right now?
Hmmmm?

If you really think that is what is going on I must say you are turning a blind eye to the truth.

Wow, really.
Standing up against scammers is embarrassing to you?
I am sorry for your red face but others feel the same way.
You seem to suggest we are not entitled to feel this way.
I find this a bit controlling myself, but maybe it is just me. :wink:

There are some who would agree with you I imagine.

But I like to think that they would speak for themselves and if they don’t I’m not too concerned about it.

5 Likes

I would like to ask…
What about everyone else that was harmed.
To put it bluntly, it seems you could give a fuck less about the others that were harmed in the exact same manner even by the exact same transactions.

That by definition is inequality.

I’ll ask again.

What should be done to make LAJ whole.

4 Likes

Make no mistake about it, they have and still are, but only in PM.
They do not care for all the BS drama that will bring if they were to do so publicly.
But I am not trying to poke at you, just stating the facts here.

:joy::joy:

Carry on.

5 Likes

And I ask again…
What about the others?
It is clear you do not care about anyone but LAJ.
It also seem you are baiting me into saying something about LAJ.
LAJ is king here and he knows how to take care of himself.

This is kind deep so it may require some contemplation on your behalf to fully understand the meaning, but I am confident you will understand it if you really want to.
I am the lorax I speek for the trees.

1 Like

That’s ok if you don’t have any ideas for a remedy right now. If you think of any please share them.

3 Likes

LAJ is king here, he needs no help from me, he makes the rules, I make no mistake about that.
Why do you keep suggesting I need to come up with a solution for him?
He is the king and perfectly capable of finding his own solution, if he needs help he has a whole staff he can use for support.
You seem to be stuck on this and I do not understand.
But you never mention the weak and voiceless that are on their own here with only support from their peers.
They just dont seem to matter at all, I can not help but wonder why.
Are they not just as equally important?
I personally think they are.

It sounded to me like @AppalachianBiscuits was looking to remedy a problem you repeatedly reference, but instead of providing a direct answer to the question, you continue to speak in incomprehensible circles. I am convinced you are just here to spread drama and division. I am going back to muting your toxic posts.

12 Likes

I’m confused.

In before close, be sure to stop by the spare bathroom!

5 Likes

Flagrant self promotion and excellent timing as always.

5 Likes

OK, so let’s put this in perspective since it keeps getting brought up. 2 people lost money to @Dr.gonzo13. @LemonadeJoe and @JohnnyPotseed. Part of the money lost to Joe was from an auction I did where he did a charge back on the 2 lots he won. So yes, Joe was out a few hundred dollars from site auctions put on by members. While this is disheartening, it is not the end of the world. Yes, the money was in his hands so it is a loss but not the end of the world as I say.

The second person to take a loss to this scammer was @JohnnyPotseed . He lost out on a number of sales due to charge backs.

Now how do we make them whole? It’s simple. I sent Johnny enough seeds to sell through his site to make up for his loss by the scammer and I believe others sent some seeds as well. So while he took a loss, which truly sucks, he has been made whole by the communities generosity IMO. As for Joe, I have done several auctions just for the OG server fund and I will continue to try to knock these out once a year as I have been. I feel bad for Joe losing out on donations that were made. After all, he is the reason we have this amazing place and those monies were meant to go to him in their entirety, but I for one will continue to support him and this amazing place so over all I am sure he will be made whole so to speak.

In the over 2.5 years I have been here I have only seen a handful of scammers that were of any consequence. This is the first one I know of that took money out of people’s hands. People seem to spend a great deal of time focusing on a scammer or two that manage to infiltrate OG and IMO they give these people too much power over them. I will not give space in my head to these characters on a long term basis. They came, they made a small score and now they are gone. While I agree that we should all be cautious about who we deal with, the occasional scum bag is bound to slip through. I would prefer to concentrate on the million good things I have seen and continue to see in the OG community and not on the couple bad things that are bound to happen on rare occasions.

I do appreciate your passion and that you want to protect the OG community @shag . I just think many feel you are spending too much time repeating the same things and concentrating on things that are really a very tiny part of the community. Everyone knows there are occasional scammers here, many just don’t wish to make that the main focus of their interactions IMO. It’s not really being dismissive to not want to have a conversation that has been had dozens of times. Just something to think about. Have a good day bud. :v:

24 Likes

Naw bro, not even close.
I never said anything about LAJ and how he should handle his business.
As far as solutions go I and some others have made the same suggestions over and over.

It has all been said, but most don’t even bother to read the thread before posting their distaste.

Not really, I am always to the point.
My I suggest you brush up on your comprehension skills here.

Hmmm.
I usually don’t start any drama even when personally attacked like now, so may I suggest you have it backwards.

As far a division goes, I would love to bring everyone together as one big happy family.
I know you say that is untrue, but let my actions speak for themselves.
My island project has already formed a large family with no drama and nothing but love for one another.
May I ask what have you done to contribute to this sorta thing?

If you find family, love and kindness for one another, as well as watching out for family members toxic, by all means hit the mute button, you will be doing the world a big favor.