Show your animal

Yako
We just have arrived from walk together again:

18 Likes

Good looking dog! You are a good kind human! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

just chillin

11 Likes

This is Rico, hes a Bengal. And his sister Fergie. They are about 9 or 10. Rico weights about 17 lbs , all muscle.I doubt Fergie was even 8 lbs.

15 Likes

This dog looks like it is being well cared for. He looks very trusting and happy too.

You are both lucky.

3 Likes

Big dog stopping for a drink on our Sunday meandering.

12 Likes

This is Manuel? He was rescued from the streets of Tijuana Mexico.#Tabbycat

This is Brianna . She was rescued from a shelf in Irvine. #Weddingcake

11 Likes

Absolute beauty @MiG how old. And how are the Hind legs? My Shep’s getting on for 10 years old now. And they’re just starting to displace a little :cry: been by my side through some good and bad times

3 Likes

Parece joven por dientes y pelaje (1-3 años?)…
A veces me da la impresión de que los pies traseros pisan demasiado hacia dentro y juntos (?), pero lo cierto es que corre y salta como un tigre… Parece haber pasado el mayor tiempo de su vida atado…
Aun no pude llevarlo al veterinario (el más cercano esta a unos 20 km)…

It seems young by teeth and fur (1-3 years?) … Sometimes I get the impression that the hind feet are too much in and together (?), But the truth is that runs and jumps like a tiger … He seems to have spent the longest time of his life tied … I still could not take him to the vet (the closest one is about 20 km away) …

3 Likes

I’d probably say you were close with the 3 years old. I only asked about the Hind legs as on one photo they seem really low slumped. if you can try stick a little bit of glucosamine in his diet. Keeps their joints in order a little bit longer. Looks like you got many happy years with him yet bro

2 Likes

Tell me more bout this, please…

…Today morning…rabbit!!!

11 Likes

A lot of breeders nowadays want low slumped Shepherds as they’re “show winners” personally I think its really cruel to breed poor genetics into a dog for visual appearance. I had another rescue (didn’t make the grade as a police dog) and he had to be put to sleep at 5 years old because he simply couldn’t walk anymore. Hopefully yours will be okay but it may be worth asking a vet if a hip score is necessary

Just had a look back through. 3rd picture down on your previous post. Looks a little slumped and left Hind leg is slightly turned out. What an absolutely beautiful dog though

6 Likes

I agree, but also I think the dog is standing on uneven ground in that pic.

Estoy de acuerdo, pero también creo que el perro está parado en un terreno irregular en esa foto.

4 Likes

he looks great to me! He’s got thick, stocky bone structure, East German working lines look like this and are usually all or mostly black like this guy. Look at some of the studs from my dog’s breeder for example:

http://www.milesriverddr.com/d4.html

http://www.milesriverddr.com

He’s got a happy look on his face, I think he likes life with MIG! my dogs would love living on that piece of land

5 Likes

I’m not disputing he’s a happy looking dog or that he’s well looked after MS. It was literally the one pic that caught my attention. First thing I look at is the hips/Hind legs on any Shepherd.

Looking at his surroundings @MiG can adopt me too lol. I think I’d be as happy as yako There.

@Muleskinner just had a look at the studs there. Looking at the younger ones. You can see the displacement already. That looks like a perfect example of breeding for visuals to me. How many generations can you trace your dogs lineage back bro? And there’s no arguing they’re All beautiful dogs either

3 Likes

12 Likes

What a terrifying beast @Scissor-Hanz. She’s lovely mate

1 Like

We’re right now walkin again. Lots of rabbits!:

Can ya see anithing wrong in his rear legs here, @anon58740919?:

9 Likes

He is always by me side while Im postín it…

8 Likes

Good yako getting the rabbits. @MiG I never said there was something wrong mate just to keep an eye on them. Definitely drop some glucosamine in the diet though. (That’s for any dog I’d recommend) lovely sunshine your way these days. Where are you in the world bro

3 Likes