Show your animal

Better you than your sweet new labradoodle baby! :joy:

3 Likes

Nice lookin puppies. Did you check to see if they are chipped?
I have that same nextdoor app an there are always dogs an cats that come up missing or spotted. I hope the owners are found tho. Good luck. :+1:t4:

4 Likes

They had no collars and no chips. I still have them. My post on the FB is getting more shares and activity last night and this morning. Praying someone will step up soon. My choc lab is all out of sorts and wonā€™t even go in the back yard when the strays are put inside downstairs. Keeping them another day and hope for something good to happen.

5 Likes

Something is weird. Dogs are pack animals by nature. More the merrier. Especially chocolate labs. Put them together and let them work ā€˜dominanceā€™ out.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t do that. 2 on 1 would mean her dog, so baaaad idea imo.

And she might not have the resources/permission for themā€¦

@ganjajuana are you west/east coast?

were there weather events that could have caused them to get out?

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Lol. Doggos wonā€™t fight til death my man. Sure, may get loud for a bit, but unless specifically bred to fight, things get sorted quick. As I said before, dogs are pack animals and naturally stick together.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to have to agree to that.
At home my dog wonā€™t let anyone get near us or near the yard without barking or tearing down the fence, until they leave. Very good watch dog too.
But take him to the dog park and heā€™s sniffing all the other dogs assā€™ and being all playful. Sometimes a little too much lol.

2 Likes

Of course. At the dog park the dogs are on ā€˜neutralā€™ territory. There may be a ā€˜territoryā€™ issue, but dogs are through and through ā€˜socialā€™ animals. I have always owned big, some would label ā€˜aggressiveā€™ breeds. I have never had any issues introducing new dogs tho. Humans being ā€˜top of the foodchainā€™ Always seem to cut short animals intelligence. My current Belgium shepherd, treats my 8 year old, 2 year old and 1 year old totally different. She rough houses with me as I provoke and play with her, the 8 year old she leaves alone mostly. My 2 year old who always pushes her buttons she will growl when going to far and she treats the 1 year old like itā€™s her own baby. Pretty neat to see.

4 Likes

The late Reverend Willy McNasty thinks Iā€™m taking his picture.
:cowboy_hat_face:

13 Likes

The best part of that pic, IMO :smile:

:hugging:

5 Likes

16 Likes

I am definitely going to get a dog, or two!

8 Likes

The two animalsā€¦

9 Likes

Sunday night, about dinner time:

Off to the emergency vet. :disappointed: :dog:

Betty slid in the dirt, left rear problem on her cyborg kneesā€¦ lame, carried her in to bed & away we goā€¦ :ambulance:

Send good wishes please :pray:

9 Likes

Wishing for a speedy recovery for Betty.

3 Likes

Good luck with Betty!

3 Likes

oh no, my last dog had reconstructed knees. Several times she tweaked one badly but it would recover after a few days, hopefully thatā€™s what youā€™re dealing with this time

2 Likes

Thanks @AlwaysLearnin @99PerCent @Muleskinner

Whatever you guys did, it worked. That and sheā€™s part pitbull so that helps a LOT but Iā€™ll have to restrain her from ignoring pain & playing tomorrow.

We got to the place & she decided she was OK & it was time to play & squeal as if it were the dog park, not limping or lame.

Is this some trick? :dog2:

I waited to have her checked out but it was pretty clear she would be allright & the vet took too long to show up & examine so we got away w/o charge. :thumbsup:

Better check my karma balance sheet. That seedrun helped. :smile: :wheel_of_dharma:

:peace:

10 Likes

Glad to hear all turned out well an Betty is doing better an no bill charge.
I know the vet can be expensive!!

2 Likes

Dogs are funny like that. My bull mastiff went lame with her bone cancer but when she was taken to the vet she jumped up on her two back legs to say hello to the lass behind the counter. It kind of gave me false hope that she was gonna be ok until I paid for a CT scan to be taken to see how bad it actually was. Iā€™m glad shes ok mate. They become true members of our families. Our kids basically :+1:

8 Likes