Shiskababies!

5 Likes

Got some Shisk going on!!!

4 Likes

Aint that some Shisk.

6 Likes

That is some real shisk going on there…:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Haha we have some funny folks in the room !!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and indeed we have some shishka growing on hehehe
the ones that are a bit taller sprouted first and I forgot to raise the dial on the HLG600bspec so they unfortunately got a little stretchy but that’s okay, I’ll keep them upright and transplant them a bit deeper to compensate , when the time comes.

So I’m thinking a 6 weekish veg and then we flip. I like to flip between weeks 6 and 8 from seed , depending on size by then.
For now these will get a couple weeks in the starter pots and then up to a “#1T” standard black pot .
Grow medium will be Sunshine mix #4 ammended with granulated gypsum and dolopril.
Feeding when the time comes will be a slightly modified version of the Lucas Formula. So full strength would be 8micro, 16bloom per gallon. PH at 6.8 and for nutes I am generally using General Hydro Flora micro and bloom.
I’ll elaborate more as the weeks go by.
Veg will be 24/7 lighting , call me lazy, call me crazy… seems to work fine all these years :wink:
Flowering , when the time comes, will be in #5T pots under a 1000W hortilux HPS

so that’s about all the pertinent info for now… so we just gotta make the next 6 weeks fly by LOL

24 Likes

14 Likes

Damn going ole school on these, holy shisk…:grinning::grinning::grinning:

8 Likes

Old school indeed :wink:
I haven’t converted my flower rooms to LED yet because of how cold it gets here in winter.
The heat from the 1000w keeps the room at temp with fan speed controls to balance things out and switched to a 100V portable baseboard heater that keeps things at a balanced temp during lights out. I can also bleed off hot flower room air to the veg space to help boost humidity and temps in there so the baseboard in that room isn;t working too hard.
I’ll get more pics rolling of my space once the plants start getting a bit more interesting

23 Likes

Dude I definitely would like to see that setup. I dream often of moving out of the tents and into a proper grow space. Sadly it’ll take a built addition or a new house altogether to make that happen so I’m left living vicariously

10 Likes

Beautiful ! Love the plan ! The genetics and so happy that you have some working knowledge of the real shiska !
So grateful that you aren’t using Barney’s farm gear ,and using real Spice of Life genetics
I’ve been trying to find real deal spice gear for a few years
I did track Breeder Steve in Switzerland for Sweet tooth 3 around 2000-2001 ,I didn’t have the insight to make copies or reach out for Shishkaberry seeds ! Had no idea it would be so difficult to source ,this is absolutely Epic ! Yeah !
Mad Respect!
Peace

12 Likes

Yeah keep that hps rocking. Better yields I’m sure, and leds don’t put much heat off. My space is always cold in winter. Love shiskaberry

7 Likes

I have the same but switched over to LED. I run a patio heater, due to moister, in the tent. The room temp is 65 and the tent is nice and cozy.

:green_heart: :seedling:

10 Likes

A lot of peeps here. Run HPS in the winter here, just for that reason. Plus, it can heat.

7 Likes

My set up that I’m using here is in my shop , closer to the house. It is a 18ft x 30ft insulated building, concrete floor. Inside I built a wall with 2x6 , plywood on the shop side, bathroom rated drywall on the grow room side. The wall is insulated with R26 insulated. The door is made of the same materials and is covertly covered by cabinets that allow the door to hinge open but when closed… if you were in there and had no idea… you would have no idea hehe
Behind that wall is a floor consisting of 2x4’s laying flat on the concrete with 1 3/4" foam insulation panels between them , a layer of vapor barrier and then skinned over with 3/8 plywood and rool out vinyl flooring. That area inside is 7.5(+)ft x 17ft x 7ft 10 high.
That are is divided in 3… a 7.5 x 7.5 ft larger room on one side with insulated door. A 5ft x 7.5ft room on the right hand side.
The middle room that the hidden door opens too is the control room and has a 4ft x 4tube floro rack for doing clones and seedings and a work bench area. That is 4ft x 7.5ft.
So fairly compact area we are talking about and not much different than growing in tents.
The seedlings are in the larger room right now and will be flowered in the 5 x 7.5 which is very well lit by that 1000w hps :wink:

30 Likes

Sounds like a nice set up you’ve got going .

10 Likes

That sound awesome. You can come do mine :rofl:

:green_heart: :seedling:

9 Likes

That’s the not fucking around grow room. :100:

9 Likes

Ho-Ly Shit man, that sounds like the literal dream setup! I’ve been wanting to put up a large shed/outbuilding to house something like what you’ve got, but it’s sadly out of reach for a while I think. Can’t wait to see pictures! Haha

10 Likes

Nice setup, sounds incredible. I’m lucky to have a few feet of lower closet to start seedlings. One day we’ll move and hopefully one day have a real-deal setup like that.

4 Likes