Slick1 spills more seed, but wetter this time!

Moving right along @Slick1 ! Looking good! I appreciate that you take the time and care to give detailed instructions of what you’ve done and are planning to do… Love it! Thanks dude!

☆DJSF

2 Likes

Hail bruv :canada: 'sorry I missed that! I used the a bucket-lid net pot but then needed to use a blue bottom air-pot wall to make it fit.

The plastic plate hack is BOSS. Otherwise @CADMAN used Dollarama round “Tupperware” and a similar 2" net-pot for the bottom in his variation. :+1: (if my memory is correct)

Hole saw + pvc/plastic deburring tool = done. :+1:

2 Likes

Found a pic from the build of the bucket-lid + 5.6 gal air-pot wall:

I filled the netpot with expanded clay and all was ridiculous.

6 Likes

All good, got it sorted. I was pretty proud of the improvisation I came up with. Ended up with more pride of ownership that way :grinning: A hole saw and deburring tool would have been nice! I used the razor knife in the picture and did it by hand.

That net worked out perfect for the size huh? Was I supposed to involved clay? :neutral_face:

2 Likes

My logic was the clay being an aggregate that’ll prevent the soilless medium from falling into the reservoir over time. I’ve seen rolls of wicking material, stones, perlite, etc used to do the same thing.

This is always a great bonus!

1 Like

So, is this a soiloponics experiment!? :confused: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :sunglasses:
Nice!!

2 Likes

Yeah dabbling in the dark side of ponics on this one. If the results are worth it I may have to make the switch for good.

3 Likes

I’m keeping close eyes on it brother!! Really nice setup! Way to go!
Looking forward to seeing results!!
Living and dwelling settled!? I hope? :flushed:
Keep on trucking!! :hugs:

1 Like

70% settled. Still have a few boxes to unpack and we have more stuff than we have room for but that’s partially since I turned the back room into chill den instead of storage…

At least what’s left now is off to the side and not like it was where we were trying to find things that were still packed up!

5 Likes

I do like the containers.

2 Likes

They’ve worked for me long enough now that I can’t imagine going back. Can’t wait to see how they do in this setup.

1 Like

I remember when you started using them. I’m looking into getting some. Seen some at the grow store. Next time. I like my 3 gallon containers. You do very well with them. I’m running a few more autos this time.

2 Likes

Do yourself a favor and check Walmart’s website. There’s knockoffs that are identical and they cost less. Half of mine are the knockoffs and I couldn’t tell you which are the real brand and which are the other at this point.

4 Likes

It all comes from the same factory in China. Only difference is the logo stamped on the box or item itself.

2 Likes

Yeah get them at the best price you can. I lucked out any my local supplier was selling actual air-pot brand at 50% what everyone else was so I bought a lot for a good price. Now it’s double so if I have to get anymore I’m looking into these knock-offs. :+1:

4 Likes

well. I dont have fancy airpots… But I filled my netpods with hydroton. You don’t think your napkin will get wet and drop soil? silly boy… There’s no magic force field under that napkin ya know…

7 Likes

May the force be with you.:peace_symbol:

5 Likes

You got to shave your legs.

2 Likes

You should see how hard I packed that soil though :laughing: I’m sure some will find it’s way in but I have high hopes!

SO hard, ya pushed it thru the napkin? Hmmmmmm…

3 Likes