Slick1's kick in the ass grow

Well shit. The ends of the quadline growth were starting to get taller than the middle on the CT so I decided to train them down a little to even it out. I was going to let that go a day and then defoliate the bottom some tomorrow. Get one shoot down no problem, get the one across from it down, no problem… until I heard the snap. It split right down the center of the main stem vertically where it was topped. Can’t get electrical tape around it because it’s right between the top mainline. Rigged it with some padded wire as best I could to keep it together.

So hopefully it should be fine, they’re pretty resilient, but still WTF?! I think I’ll hold off on the defoliation for a minute though :laughing:

1 Like

So uh, unless I’m wrong, uh… shit? These are pics of the NoRGE but the Orange Grove is the same. Just some meaty calyxes right? :pleading_face:

Well shit. CT is a fine ass LADY though. Is the smell of a male in flower anywhere near a female? I’ll probably just cull but the thought of some Orange Grove pollen doesn’t sound like a bad thing.

8 Likes

Lol, at least the CT is a girl. If you can throw the male somewhere in a closet under a light to flower out and collect some pollen to hit a couple branches it wouldn’t be a bad thing. Chocolate and orange are 2 flavours I love and would grow those beans if you happened to hit a couple branches…

That gave me a good laugh bro

3 Likes

My first thought was those chocolate oranges and what a cool cross that could be. Specially since the OGrove is an indica could be a nice blend with the CT.

I’m culling the NoRGE for sure, I have a minute to figure out the OGrove. I’m going to either drop an auto (or two) or put a photo under the 12/12 from the start. Gotta give this some thought.

3 Likes

Growing regulars can throw you a curve ball as I’m finding out. My ratio the past few months hasn’t been great. 4/12 females to males. Think I’m gonna just do a mix of fems and regs moving forward

1 Like

NoRGE is getting the Jersey mafia treatment right now. I’ll take it out to the Meadowlands to bury next to Jimmy Hoffa later on :smile:

OGrove is sharing the tent for the moment cause it’s still early to worry about pollen, I think. If I’m wrong please let me know! Not sure if I really want to run the risk of keeping and isolating it but I’m mulling it over.

Went through my collection real quick and picked out 2 strains I had the most seeds of so if I don’t yield much under 12/12 with them I still have plenty of chances to do right by them in the future. Picked Ghost Rose from @ReikoX and Lavender Frosting from @Kcity87 and they’re floating as I type this.

6 Likes

Ghost Rose is an auto, I wouldnt do it 12/12…

2 Likes

I knew it was an auto but from what I’ve read an auto under 12/12 just stretches more and yields less right? The experimentation was kind of part of the draw to put an auto up against a photo 12/12 from the start.

Damn when the man himself suggests something it seems kind of foolish not to listen though. I’m not about to be that fool :smile:

1 Like

Well, im all for an experiment. Just wasn’t sure you realized it was an auto. My guess is the photo will take longer and yield more.

1 Like

That’s what I figured too. The CT was flipped a week ago and Drawoh says 10-12 weeks for her anyway. The photo could be halfway through flower by the time the CT comes down with the auto coming down between them.

I blame you though for giving me so many seeds! :laughing: Definitely a good “problem” to have!

1 Like

NoRGE is culled, sucks cause I was really looking forward to trying it and it was vigorous. Needed the room to get something else going quick and being my first attempt at a cross I thought straight OGrove with the Choc Thai just sounded better. Chocolate Orange for now, perhaps in the future some Orange Chocolate Lights will happen.

The little OGrove came in to it’s own and should produce plenty of pollen. It’s isolated in a closet across the house from the tent just to be safe, thank God for an understanding GF! Never kept a male or collected pollen so I have some homework to do. My biggest fear is letting it go too long and it opening up so I have to figure out how to judge the right timing. Anyone with any advice feel free to lay it on me!

The Ghost Rose and the Lavender Frosting sprouted overnight so they went into soil today. Ghost Rose in the 2 gallon pot and Lavender in a liter pot that I may transplant, may not. They’re under the 12/12 lighting with the CT so the Lavender might jump into flower on it’s own before it’s worth putting in a bigger pot. They’re to take the place of the other two and not extend the grow too long and I’m not expecting much yield off other under these conditions but I’ll be glad to have any amount of either.

5 Likes

That chocolate thai looks really nice and healthy!

1 Like

Thanks! You would never even know she has an inch split down the center of the main stem where I topped. She gave no f’s whatsoever lol

1 Like

this breaks my heart :cry:

3 Likes

Me too! Definitely hurt chopping him but there’s a testicle limit in this house and he was over it :laughing:

2 Likes

i would have cut a clone of it and grew it under a cfl to get the pollen at least
(then again I’m aching for some pollen) [I want to fuck around] :laughing:

2 Likes

Noooo not my child! :laughing:

3 Likes

@JustSumTomatoes don’t worry, if I get some nana’s ill be snagging its pollen!

2 Likes

Sorry to break the news to you this way lol

I had a small quiet ceremony, it was very tasteful.

3 Likes

2 Likes