Soil and compost tea help

Your temp and humidity will not be causing problems with excess nutrient uptake, and it will be making the bacteria slow in productivity.

That amount of chicken crap is so small I doubt it’s causing problems by itself, but with everything else it’s all a bit much for the plant. Probably good that the temperature is on the low side the burn could be a lot worse.

On your next run I would add more inert stuff like peat moss or coco to the mix to reduce the strength of your mix.

When I make a tea I just use a table spoon of organic unsulfered molasses in 5 gals of water, just enough to get the bacteria active and multiplying, for 24 hours before using it.

2 Likes

Try reading Jeff Lowenfels “teeming” series of books. Particularly “teeming with microbes”, it will explain how microbes and plants interact. It changed the way I look at gardening forever. :+1::seedling:

12 Likes

Excellent advice!

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Should be in everyone’s library if ya like growing plants!

4 Likes

I wasn’t trying to be an asshole I’m sorry. I am actually a bit of a fan of his. I just am weird. I have borderline personality disorder. That pretty much means that I love everyone intensely.

I was being quite honest though. Sometimes I might get overly excited

3 Likes

I love you. I’m definitely going to check it out. I don’t have access to a library card though. So I’ll have to figure something out! Thank you thank you thank you

2 Likes

I’m sure if you googled it, you could find a PDF. :wink:

2 Likes

My hero!!! I’m doing that right now. He he

2 Likes

Mother fruitcakes… I have to clean up my phone. Not enough space. Junk buckets.

When you said you can find it online, did you mean free? :crossed_fingers:I really wish I knew how to do all that stuff better.

2 Likes

I did, years ago, find it for free. It was actually in a torrent with 100s of grow books.

2 Likes

Is it emailable?

1 Like

They hand them out for free at the library… only cost is if ya have a late fee which is quite possible with this book!

1 Like

It might even be on the nerdy shit thread we have here with a bunch of stuff that’s been downloaded

1 Like

microbeorganics.com is a great resource for reading about compost tea, he generally recommends keeping things pretty simple as far as brew recipes.

5 Likes

I am in a more rural bit. We aren’t considered in town. That means if I want tI go to the library to check out books it cost us about 250 bucks a year.

2 Likes

So I Had done the flush. And the problem got worse. I’m pretty certain that it’s heat damage or light damage.

2 Likes

I finally ordered myself a copy of this. Never thought I would anticipate the delivery of a book so much.

3 Likes

Yeah that looks like light burn to me. I have been getting some similar issues with LEDs being to close since I started using them this year. I keep my lights a minimum of 18 inches above my plants. The one in the other room has the light much higher it seems, is that because it’s rated higher Watts than the others?

You also have a bit of nitrogen toxicity, that causes the leaves to claw, your flush should help with that.

3 Likes

Thanks for the video I’d say it heat damage with the leaves forming a taco I don’t see leaf movement so a small fan would probably help hold a back of the hand at canopy level and see if it gets warm the adjust lights if necessary no flushing needed if in soil the cat clawing you see is from overwatering more than likely

4 Likes

i am no worm farmer but when it rain worms get out of the ground to breath i believe putting alot of water in your worm bin is not advice i would use if bedding is real dry just mist with a spray bottle peace.

2 Likes