Soil and compost tea help

Will of you guys. Thank you so much for your help. I had the lights at approximately 9" -11" above the canopy. That just might have been a little bit too intense.

So we are saying if we add the fan, we should be better? I mean it makes sense now that I think about it. It’s fairly dry.

For the remedy We’re saying we just need the fan? I did raise the lights a little. Also should I cut off the dried off buds? And leaves damaged

2 Likes

I am looking at your vid on my PC big monitor now, I think you have a few problems.

Yes you could trim the burnt leaves leave the buds.

1 lights too low.
2 either too much heat or to low humidity. what are your temps and humidity like?
3 It looks like you have thrips also, I am seeing what looks like lots of light green speckling on the leaves like in this pic. A thrip is a tiny bug you can hardly see them and they suck the sap out of the leaves. Am I correct in what I am seeing?
4 Nitrogen excess causing toxicity, flushing will help but looks like you are doing a no till grow, as you have other plants with them, is that right?
5 what are the round things hanging down from Bell lowest left branch? if you stop the vid at 3.42 there is a large one right in the left corner and another hanging down closer to the vertical stem and another at the same hieght the other side of the plant. They look like some kind of cocoon.

3 Likes

Agree. If I increase my fans? Should I be okay? I don’t understand why the plant can’t be certain distance away.

Right around 70 degrees Fahrenheit. I have my dehumidifier set at 50 percent

It’s a possibility? I don’t really think so though. It’s more of a little Mark. Do they move? Plus I think when I have my diatomaceous earth on them wouldn’t that help prevent that? I must go downstairs and check.

Yes however I’m not committed to them. I have no problem moving them out. Plus I was thinking maybe if I have them there, they will help eat up the Nitrogen. I wonder what a good companion plant would be that is nitrogen hungry. I just planted a bunch of Baby hens and Chicks succulents around them. They don’t Root all that terribly deep especially when young.

They are fishing weights on Christmas hooks. Basically forcing the branches to hang lower to even the canopy. I really wish I knew the weight of them. About the weight of a D20. Guessing 7mg. Some are lighter.

Yay! That is so kind of you. I just made me smile. I really appreciate you taking the time to look

2 Likes

Fishing weights, that’s clever thinking, I like that.

With the flushing to lower nitrogen, it’s harder to do in no till, because it’s macro nutrients rather than micro nutrients, like with a salt based or organic bottle type nutrient feed. So long as it doesn’t get worse they should be ok.

Thrips fly so they are very mobile, they will move from leaf to leaf, the damage looks worse than it is, but if they get out of hand, they will affect the plants ability to photo synthesis. DE should deter them, they hide in-between the branch and leaf stem, where they join, and under the leaves.

Your temps and humidity is ok that should not be a problem.

The lights are to intense at that distance as the light moves away, the intensity lessens. Different strains handle light intensity differently, and different lights produce different intensity at different heights. That’s a lot of differents :roll_eyes::joy:

The light manufacturers should have an optimal distance for the height above canopy, usually you can go a bit closer. I would move them up another 6 inches away, if you can and see how they behave, if the plants leaves are up and praying then they are happy.

Hey @Potsy I’m a fellow TLO (True living organics) grower. You definitely have enough ingredients :wink::yum: The big part now is the right ratios and PRE-COOKING ANYTHING before you place any seeds/clones into it. About 30days. Most definitely any Manures! They’re very powerful when it comes to not letting them cook. You have to remember with his style of growing… “Your feeding your SOIL; not the plants!” If you hit your soil with chlorinated water. BAMMM, all your little microbes are GONE or at the very least took one hell of a shit kicking! Bad idea all together! If you get too much of one side of the microbes chain they’ll over power the other side and vice versa!!! Try to keep a proper balance. Any water you use. Even just from the tap. Always let sit for 24hrs b4 using on the plants. (Evaporates chlorine) I like using rain water when I can! You should ONLY be using Water and the compost tea. You can add molasses to ur water every other watering if you wanted… But I find that to be way too much. Usually once every 1-2 wks 1/2tblsp /2L :remember to slowly introduce ANYTHING to ur plants. Compost tea is like an energy drink. Great in moderation, bad in over indulgence! And very simply to make. You just need an Aquarium air pump and a stone for the end with a bucket and a sock. Lol… Panty hose or homemade works well too. Lmao you’ll find plenty of recipes on here. Or just ask I’m sure someone will help you out. I’m always willing to help out where I can. But anyways this is my input for this fine Friday morning. Good day and happy Blazin. Much love and respect from Canada.

3 Likes

I might add get a pump with as much air output that you can afford the little ones for ten gallon fish tanks are not enough IMO thanks for the input @PotentChronic!

3 Likes

No, DE will not get rid of thrips. I suggest a product with spinosad like Monterey Garden Insect Spray or Captain Jack’s Dead Bug Brew.

I’m going to, respectfully, disagree. There is so little chlorine allowed in tap water (<5 PPM in the US) that it will not likely kill many microbes. It’s not like people are using tap water to disinfect their toilets.

5 Likes

So true. I tend to stick on the safe side of things. Even up here in Ontario, Canada our water is really clean. I tend to simply fill my large water jugs and leave the lid off for 24hrs before it gets put into my “use” cycle. Alot of places WONT have to worry about chlorine in their water. However there are quite afew places in the world where this will have to be implemented. But most definitely Most of if not all of Canada should be good. And I’m guessing the states are pretty good for their water as well. Thxs for the correction and info. It’s always well received :+1:

3 Likes