Organic Adventures

Sorry folks, I removed the previous content simply because I’m apparently making this more difficult then nessarry haha.

After more reading and watching videos recommend by fellow OG’ERS
I’ve ordered some items to get moving forward:

Items I’ve Ordered:
Volcanic Rock pebbles
Earth worm Castings
Organic Seven Seas Veggies
Organic Powered Kelp
Organic Red Clover seeds (Cover Crop)
Nematodes (fungus gnats, white flies, thrips ect)

Base Soil Mixture
85% HP Pro all purpose
10% Earth Worm Castings
05% Valcanic Rock

Preventative Pest Control
NemaKnights - (Steinernema Feltiae)

Soil cover
Neem leaves :leaves: (Pest repellent)
Promix Orchid mix (Western fir bark mostly)
Bamboo charcoal (smell reducer, pest prevention & microbes refuge)

Soil Airration Amendments:
Lava Rocks
(Pearlite already in HP Pro)

Soil Nutrients Amendments:
Organic Raw Coconut Chips
Organic Kelp Powder
Seven Sea Veggies
Crushed Eggs shells
Bannana leaves diced up
Gaia Green 444
Gaia Green 284
Dynomyco C
Fish Shit Liquid
Worms 🪱 Red Wigglers (Eisenia Fetida)

Info about Seven Sea Veggies:
Ingredients: dulse, nori, sea lettuce, wakame, kombu, longicruris, and knotted wrack flakes…

All ingredients are hand-harvested from the Bay of Fundy, Canada, then sun-dried.

Qualities: The Seven Sea-Veggie Blend is an amazing nutritional booster, providing many vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and trace elements from the sea.

Naturally contains 230.65mg of sodium per 7g of flakes. Each ingredient has its own beneficial properties: (Will use very lightly due to sea salt or dilute in water soak before use)

• Dulse: provides a wealth of minerals, vitamins, fiber, and protein. It is rich in healthy fatty acids, trace minerals and antioxidants.

• Nori: rich in carotenes, vitamin C and B12, and iodine.

• Sea Lettuce: provides an abundance of minerals, vitamins, iron, and protein. It is also rich in iodine, manganese, and nickel.

• Wakame: a rich source of eicosapentaenoic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid, magnesium, iodine, calcium, and iron. In oriental medicine it has been used for blood purification and intestinal strength.

• Kombu: known for tenderizing proteins and supporting healthy digestion. It is also a great source of iron and iodine.

• Laminaria longicruris: Commonly used as a rich source of iodine, which is generally used to promote thyroid health.

• Knotted Wrack: Also known as Ascophyllum nodosum, is said to have anti-inflammatory properties, and it is a source of iodine, potassium, magnesium, and calcium.

I may modify this list time to time to reflect what I’m doing, but this “As is” is my base soil and I’ll just continue to build it from here.

All comments are welcome and encouraged…

44 Likes

When everything starts coming in I’ll add some photos. Collecting dry ingredients + Parts.

When the Gardening company down the street opens up, I’ll grab some soils and get mixing.

Once that is done I’ll get goin with the 🪱 worms and looking for beneficial grubs and bacterias…
Besides the Dynomyco C

I’ll also be using my “old” liveing soil to kick start this…

8 Likes

Make a ewc or compost tea. That will have all the beneficial micro organisms you will need. I actually have some ewc and kelp meal tea going as we speak.

I’m along for the ride by the way. :grin:

21 Likes

Thanks @Badger
I’m be doing EWC, compost, Popcorn sprout and Alfalfa sprout teas, just with a smaller scale. No room for a 5gal pale lol

So I’m looking to make about 2 liter bottle sized teas, when needed.

Can I grow Alfalfa also as cover crop?

9 Likes

Following along :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looking great bro! All I’m doing week to week is an aloe, molasses, coconut, and a mungbean sprout ground up prior to watering I usually pre-wet the tops prior to the weekly feed so it doesn’t channel as bad the surfactants the aloe provides helps with this also!

8 Likes

I do plan to get powered aloe, green Bannana and molasses… but that’s a separate order after I get this going.

6 Likes

Love It ! gives me the idea of making some banana ash on down the road!

2 Likes

Yeah Powered Bannana will be easy to do during flower for sure. But at first I’m just gonna chop up Bannana peels and mix it in the soil. We always have Bannanas in the house anyway.

6 Likes

Didn’t even know PWD banna existed ! Oh shit never mind I have that in my pharmacy as a nutritional supplement! Haha new weapon in my arsenal will have to check the Dissolvability if it.

5 Likes

10gal is small- did you give any consideration there when choosing amendments? I myself am struggling to figure out how to keep them light enough to move from veg to transplant for flower in a larger bed. I don’t mind not moving my plants once they’re in flower, but I want to be able to move the fabric pot up close for transplant. I considered 30 gal for flower, 10gal for veg (3-4months).

Anyways, happy to watch you grow! Hope I can learn something.

4 Likes

Ya I plan on the coconut powder actually I think it’s more economical than buying the quarts or liters of it. The aloe IMO is ridiculously priced anywhere Iv looked.

4 Likes

Along for the ride. Pulling up my bucket. Might go a similar route I’m sure I am going to learn a lot.

3 Likes

Haha that’s what she said. Proved her wrong too.
10gal is 10 times larger then my normal party cups.

7 Likes

Can also get powdered Molasses

2 Likes

I’m learning everyday brother. :relieved: let’s learn together…

6 Likes

I’m really thinking of using charcoal in my soil mix or atleast at the bottom of the grow bags…
To help with water drainage, creating air pockets and with microbial dwellings.

Or should I just stick with the lava rocks, since I already ordered 10lbs of it.

4 Likes

I’d say mix it in with the normal media that way the your micro buddies will have hotel To hang out and have a more even distribution through out the media

6 Likes

Getting [

Garden Club Cedar Chips

](Garden Club Cedar Chips, 56-L | Canadian Tire)

For ground coverage, Because it;
Seals in moisture
Bug/insect repellent
Breaks down and adds nutrients to the soil.

2 Likes

Yup your right. Gonna just use the Lava rocks…
A thin layer at the bottom of bags, and mixed through the soils as well.

7 Likes