Soil vs Living Soil?

Just remember that could be an issue as it warms up. It would attract rodents and for sure bugs and fungus gnats, if it were here. And, flies. ha. Just keep it in a five gallon bucket on a porch or room, with a few worms and it’ll break down fast. I’d keep a lid on it unless the bugs don’t bother you.

Also, the book mentioned above, Teaming with Microbes, will give lots of options, and Korean Natural Farming will show you how to use everything natural, to ferment or otherwise turn into a nutrient or booster.

You may have already read them and my bad if you have. I’ve been smoking good and strong today. I haven’t read Jeff’s book yet, either but it’s a cannabis must have I understand. We have a great KNF thread, too. Enjoy! I love organic and if you can make for free, I like it even more! peace

Even outside, if you were to leave raw fruit and veggies in your pot, you would have at least rodents, heh. I had a bear once.

2 Likes

Been doing it like this for over two years, no problems.
Now since I don’t water much at all I only get the occasional gnat, no more than one or two, that’s it.

Never had rodents or bears in my bedroom, LOL.

4 Likes

Weed growers LOVE marketing things to themselves. They are the salesman. The only industry to figure it out so completely, the mark is the shill one in the same. They also love renaming things and claiming authority over new concepts to them, that aren’t new to anyone else.

The microbe teas, compost teas, all that stuff is 100% a complete and utter waste of time. Compost is loaded with microbes. Peat moss is loaded with microbes. The air is loaded with microbes. None of them are endophytic. Maybe that should be the difference between soil and living soil. Living soil has to have roots in it to have endophytic microbes. So, any soil that’s grown plants is living soil…?

3 Likes

Let Elaine explain it better lol.

3 Likes

Funny enough this used to be the general sentiment in the “living soil” community, until it gained in popularity enough for it to become a parody of itself and turn in to what it was criticizing. Bring in Youtube and IG influencers and the level of absurdity is beyond comical at this point.

I think you hit the nail on the head and generally the way cons like that function is the mark is preconditioned to make the sale. Same goes for things like aloe & coconut drenches, enzyme teas, compost teas and the rest of these “techs”. Go a few rounds without doing them and see if you can honestly detect a noticeable difference other than increased quality of life from not wasting so much time. Acronyms like KNF, SST, LOS, ROLS, AACT, LAB feel more like fashion statements than anything at this point and people are wearing them like clothing. They do make the user sound sophisticated at least I suppose.

3 Likes