SOLSTRIPS UK (q&a)

Cheers buddy

Yes I did ta

2 Likes

Cola might be able to sort you out with suitable drivers too pal. Also could be worth keeping an eye on ebay for 24V meanwell drivers, some good deals about lately :thumbsup:

1 Like

Nice one Albannach buddy. I will do thanks for the tip off! :wink:

1 Like

Glad to be of service. 2 returning happy customers commenting good feedback. @lostInaSOG nice to chat to you and have a little smoke today. (Shame it was dawg though)

@Albannach I made sure I strapped him Allen head bolts for every hole and washers too. Bang on numbers. I was wary with him being a new member and recent events. But glad to make his acquaintance. eBay for drivers at the minute or I have that 480w static draw cheap if you’re stuck. And if you need to use my workshop. That’s sweet. I’ve learnt a few tricks. @Albannach will also any questions if you get stuck. But watch out he will make your wiring look shit mate :rofl:

2 Likes

Ha yeah I just wen’t over to Albannachs DIY build… That is a sexy rig for sure, really really tidy.

Appreciate all the extra effort and bits @anon58740919 , That free end tube of thermal paste you sorted us out managed to go pretty far as well. 5 stars top seller and sound bloke, got the cutest iguana as well OMG I want that little angry bugger LMAO!

2 Likes

lol don’t know about that, many years working with electrics helps but it still never goes exactly to plan :laughing:

1 Like

Currently I can only dream of doing such a good job :laughing:

Looking forward to the challenge though…

2 Likes

Take your time and you’ll do just fine (i’m also a bad poet) :joy:

2 Likes

Ohh man If I was as bad at this as I am poetry I’d have already stabbed a strip through one of my eyes :grin:

2 Likes

He makes me sick that @Albannach top bloke though. And the first thing you did when you met @Pedro_Bann (the iguana version the one I tagged isn’t even a Mexican bro :rofl:)
And whilst your tagged Pedro thanks for the hericaine seeds. They got me excited.

Yeah anyway @lostInaSOG lay straight down in front of him. The body language of an honest man. Particularly in a stranger’s house. And my lad smiled at you. Never does with strangers. Good man again @ReikoX for creating unity in the community.

Sick in a good way @Albannach. Not that you’d be offended anyway. Oil cookies working for you now bro?

1 Like

I ordered one. Offered him 25 he countered £30 I accepted. There’s 3 left with him I was gonna buy but let’s get you running first

2 Likes

Yeh bro it adds to the effect that’s for sure. That sugar black rose gives a cerebral kind of high but it was taken slightly early. More so in cookies, verging on trippy but that oil of yours mixed in adds a bit of body sedation that kicks in quite strong later, gives you a nice comatose sleep for a few hours :thumbsup:

You got another deal there eh bro. Mouser want £50 + vat for that one.

1 Like

The guy has 3 more and I was gonna buy the lot and flip em but it’s not about greed why solstrips UK formed. It was to bring the future to our nation.

@lostInaSOG 2 of these would do your 3500ks perfectly brother

I’ve been scouting them. Hopefully we can promote some diy. Post your rig here too @Albannach so people can see what can be done please. Still jealous af ha

2 Likes

Yep I saw that deal on ebay… Hopefully they’re still there when i have some dough…

1 Like

lol i’ll post pics of what i have created from your strips so far bro. Not got the X3 rig built yet but it’s next in line :laughing:

My twins

Her version

If anyone wants to check out my grow diary you can see these with plants under them :thumbsup:

6 Likes

Great looking SolStix Racks, @Albannach. Clean and sleek.

Can I ask you what dimensions they are? And how far apart you are spacing your SolStix - and why? Also, are you using the 240w driver on the 9-stick rig?

2 Likes

Because he’s scotttttaaaaasssshhhhh and that’s just how he likes it :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I already know he puts us to shame. The idea with more strips spaced closer powered low is to allow you to get a lot closer to the canopy whilst maintaining an even spread.

2 Likes

Hi @Baudelaire, don’t know about putting anyone to shame but apart from that, Cola pretty much nailed it. I went for 10cm spacing on my 5 SolStick rigs which are 55cm each in length. The 9 SolStrip rig i built for my mrs is 95cm long and they are 9cm apart on that rig. Much closer than that and they heat each other up. More strips running at lower power gets the best results. Plants can grow right up to them and still be properly illuminated unlike with cobs, which was our biggest problem with them. A

Edit, aye that 240W driver is running her 9 strip rig with a draw of 260W from our 240V mains.

2 Likes

Is that 95cm rig in a 120x60 bro? I just ordered 80s for my second tent. Gonna run @Pedro_Bann hericaine Sheila first. (I made the name up) think I best see how a 2700/5000k even split does for obvious reasons

2 Likes