Sour Boggle by BOG Preservation Run

Blue Kush 4 (pheno 2)

14 Likes

So what’s the verdict? Is the preservation run going ahead?! :pray: :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

@Guitarzan Thank you sir for that explanation and I fully support moving genetics forward. Just want BOG’s work to be respected and now I see this is our form of respect. I’m converted.

When everything settles i have the following to offer up

Blue Kush - 8 seeds
Bogglegum - 6-8 seeds

12 Likes

I also have pollen collected from both

8 Likes

If this happens i would be grateful to receive some beans from his lines as i never got a chance to get some

5 Likes

I too think we should hold off until we give his wife and family time to grieve, heal, and decided if they plan to continue the business.

It’s not like waiting a month or two is going to hurt anything if in the end the F2 runs are done.

16 Likes

I also agree we should hold off on a seed run and wait to see what the BOG family does in the future. And surely a preservation of his original F1 seeds would be much preferred to starting with F2s.

Ironically, there was just a BOG seed run finished last year by Daytriper. He did a Sour Strawberry run and asked BOG for his thoughts beforehand. BOG said they’re your seeds and you can do whatever you want with them. Those SS F2s never made it out to anyone though as they were part of the lost shipment with MOTR.

I’ve got a decent BOG selection and would be happy to contribute if/when it ever happens. For now, I just started some Sour Bubble that I just got from BOG right before he passed. I’m going to grow them my best in his honor.

25 Likes

Canadians got them! I actually just hit one with some cackleberry fem pollen. Picking out seeds as I type this!

8 Likes

I asked BOG in another thread what his favorite strain he created was, and he said the Sour Bubble was his favorite, and I was planning on ordering some at the beginning of this month when I got my disability check. You are lucky to have gotten those - I know you will treat them well

13 Likes

I believe we in Europe also got them sour strawberries :strawberry:!!

6 Likes

I agree 100% that this should be put on hold. Let bogs family have some time they will reach out when they are ready.

4 Likes

May be new here. Blah blah blah. I credit bog sour bubble with helping me kick in essence saving my life. I have a tgtb sour bubble bx1 x casey jones vintage 2011 bubble leaner and thai leaner

7 Likes

I agree it is best to wait untill we have a better understanding of what the family intends to do.
They might continue his work , they might have a a stash of beans to sell still who knows but
when and if this preservation happens we should consider asking for a small donation to the family from anybody who is on the receiving end.
Say $20 x 100 people for example would be a huge help . He put beans in alot of peoples hands when there were not many willing to do so and the risks involved we’re alot higher then today.

14 Likes

14 Likes

And here is the donation link for Pat:

13 Likes

I think if BOG’s family is going to continue the seed lines, that we should focus on the preserving retired strains, such as Sweet and Sour Cindy and Lifestar

14 Likes

Sweet and sour Cindy can be bought at seed cellar.

4 Likes

cool - the line was retired by BOG. Personally I wouldn’t buy any seeds from the seed cellar, and I live within an hour of them. They burned me on one purchase already.

9 Likes

Ahh that’s crummy, sorry to hear that

2 Likes

@Tonygreen, can you enlighten us about how seed banks typically operate…do they pay you for your beans up front, or do they pay you as they sell them?

IMO, if seed banks pay up front, that opens the door for us to do a preservation run on any strain that BOG officially retired. Even if a seed bank has them in stock, BOG has been paid (IF THEY PAY UP FRONT).

9 Likes