Sour Bubble Redemption Seed run **Closed**

That light is a beast Doug!

2 Likes

Yeah, I was impressed with the 650 watt. The new bar light style is great. The 650 folded but this one the bars are removable which also let’s you adjust them for coverage.

Yes indeed. I doubt I will get it to full power as I am not adding c02 but should still do great. I like it so far for build quality but the proof is in the growing so we shall all see together.

8 Likes

Awesome! Best of luck!

3 Likes

My new Mars Hydro 4800 started burning the tops of my plants at 75% and about 16 inches from the canopy. I raised the light to 20 inches from canopy and turned the intensity to about 60%. The plants appear much happier.

8 Likes

Yeah, I never got the 650 to full power for that reason. It is nice to have more power than one needs.

5 Likes

I turned mine up to 100% to see. That SOB will burn yer eyeballs out.

2 Likes

Yeah, yesterday was the first time I felt the need to use those grow room glasses I bought ages ago. While these go into a tent fine I bet they would do great in a larger environment where you could hang them higher. Darn ceilings, lol.

4 Likes

You know it’s bright when your eyeball start sweating.
There no way, in my tent, even topped out, that I would need to run 100%

4 Likes

So the light is all set up and the plants have all moved into their new home. There are some pics of the frame of the light for you @Gpaw

42 Likes

They’re looking great as usual!

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

saving-grace

15 Likes

My ballpark calculations put the thermal load on max at about 1 watt per square inch. That sounds reasonable.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I love that movie. Ive been working on getting the strains together to make the one they grew in it.

And im jealous of all the light power you guys have :laughing: one day I can afford an upgrade. I hope.

3 Likes

hey doug, do you think the more powerful lights help you with seed development? im basically a week past harvest right now with 4 plants under 2 SF1000’s and im still seeing green seeds on some of the lowers. im thinking the QBs just dont have the penetration needed to ripen those up properly, you think thats accurate or will some seeds ripen once the plants are hung to dry?

4 Likes

I think light most likely has something do with it. Seeds will continue to ripen while the plants hang so that will help. Lower light tends to give you fluffier buds and less mature seeds as far as I understand it.

6 Likes

yea ive got these on full rip right now but i think theyre still a little under powered for flowering more than like 1-2 plants, i need new lights, go figure haha

3 Likes

What nutrients were you giving them ? I read seeded plants need different nutrient uptake to develop the seeds to maturity. Not to stick with just flower nutes. I think it was just giving them back normal veg nutes plus a few extra ones that would help seed development.

2 Likes

Also what week of flower did you introduce the pollen ?

1 Like

@HappyTrees23s they got a mix of veg and flower nutes, i’d have to check my notes for when they got pollinated but it was likely around like week 3-4? i just left the male in there for a while to pollinate naturally, probably wont dont that again as now i have some serious cleanup to do when this run is over. first shot at this though so i wanted to try it au natural you could say.

3 Likes

Oh okay cool. I just checked a book I have here for you. It says the fastest seeds can develop to maturity in warm weather is 2 to 4 weeks till full maturity. BUT in colder climates seeds may take up to 2 months to mature.

So I dont think you should just take her down at her flowers harvest date. Leave her up and growing no matter what she starts looking like till you have some beans falling out of her. She will send all her resource into the seed development so she might not look great a few weeks past her maturity date, but definetly leave her up till the seeds look mature. They wont do any more maturing once you take her down. You will just have immature seeds.

3 Likes