Sour Diesel Thread

It’s not fake, the Albany cut IS an old school New York area diesel cut. There is an Adam Dunn episode where he interviewed Weasel about it. It was very coveted for many years, still is by some. When you look at other threads of yore, it’s called “Original Diesel” or Underdawg.

The sour I remember was just a lot more, sour.

I just got an ECSD cut from Shoreline Genetics but people say it’s the same as Chaco, but that is not substantiated yet. Wes says it’s the best… The sour diesel thing is frustrating, for sure. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

ah I’m out of likes at the moment. I get that it’s a real deal cut that’s been around and it IS diesel and can still be great or whatever… but

that’s what I remember too. So if it’s not actually ‘sour’ like that, I feel it’s at least a bit disingenuous to call it so :sweat_smile: no one seems to know where that old one went to and now we have like 10 different cuts suddenly :thinking:

10 Likes

My memory is it’s called sour, because of how many relationships it soured

6 Likes

I’m horrible at describing and I seem to get slightly diff than others for what I relate it to. I also don’t have any memory of what a real sour diesel should be like. Until I started growing, I didn’t care enough to link the terps to the strains n stuff. if it was good, I smoked it lol.

Ive only tried 1 top dawg sd bean from the seed run so far. I know there’s way better than the one I got!

7 Likes

Mine is ECSD bx1, but it’s still MY favorite. Many good reviews from friends abd family and everyone seems to like it the most, of what Ive grown so far.

9 Likes

IMO, the Sour Diesel I remember sampling at a High Times event at SXSW in Austin years ago was like a fusion between “skunk” and that Sour Patch Kids candy kind of puckering flavor minus the sweet.

But damn it has been a few decades so I probably don’t remember as well as I think anyway.

Wes told me the cut he sent me has been tested at 30% thc and is the best sour cut he has ever come across. Multiple other breeders have worked with it now. Some of them just told him they thought it was the same as Chaco but that has not been proven conclusively.

I grew his Sour D BX a few times and that shit is great, and this cut made it, so I am going to run with it. :blush:

15 Likes

Movies these days just dont have enough bicycle dances at highschool prom

3 Likes

And here she is, same clone, same age, same feeding regimen etc etc, the environment is a cunt hair off and she absolutely hates me. So here what we have is a plant with a hair trigger threshold for environmental influence aka a fickle bitch.

44 Likes

Crazy fickle. I always hated it. Hahaha Much preferred the stuff we had before the Sour cut that was called just Diesel or NYCD.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, same cut same property same 10 days to go. She is literally laughing at Blue Dream yields, go finger.

53 Likes

I seen you out there. You mind if we dance Mith ro date?

8 Likes

Looking dank

3 Likes

Reality is Notso’s sour cut is out performing not only everything else I running now but damn, that fucker is like, putting blue dream yields to shame. Harvest totes are heavy af.

30 Likes

Damn that is really kick ass, yields even better than BD. Gonna be some killer smoke also better than BD I bet

1 Like

Yields schmields. What does she smell like? What does she taste like? Do the flowers/smoke resemble actual old-school Sour Diesel at all? Is your mouth and tongue coated with Sour Diesel tastiness for thirty minutes after you’ve smoked it?

I realize that you just harvested, so you probably can’t answer those questions just yet, but unless it actually tastes like Sour Diesel, who gives a shit about the yields?

14 Likes

Notso has the real deal.

1 Like

Heard “it’s the real deal” plenty of times. Looking at you, bunktek…
Not seen anyone produce it for ~20 years.

11 Likes

Is SeedBay.com a legit website for getting the Sour D from Reservoir Seeds?

1 Like

Seedbay is legit. I’ve never had any problems ordering myself.

1 Like

only if you want to buy seeds that are at least ten years old from a bank with dubious storage practices.

3 Likes