Sour Diesel Thread

Thanks for the heads up!

Did seem too good to be true!

1 Like

There is several Original Cuts of SD , all are slightly different , But came from same grow …
This is message from JeromeB / J buddie , "We got cuts out in 97 from. **** ***** rip. He was friends with Keith and Hal etc. We gave out 3 trays pretty early on i believe to Sonoma Eugene and Hawaii. Ajs and keiths definitely look different seems like they had differnt selections "

6 Likes

I’ve been looking for the back in the day cut of sour d. People claim to have it. It it’s just not what I remember. Tryed the AJ sour pee cut. Was good but not what I was looking for. Anyone have the cut from the 90s?

2 Likes

How is it possible to have “several Original Cuts” of Sour Diesel (or anything else)? A clone is a clone. How can three trays of clones be “slightly different” from one another if they all came from the same plant? I’m just curious.

7 Likes

Not really my story to tell , but i thought id share what i know is true…
There was a grow in NY seeds accidently were made there “herm” , they were not breeding they were growing , people bought sacks from them , in those bags some nugg’s had seeds , some grew the ones they found , thats why theres several SD’s "phenotypes and diesels ect , different “crews” had got there cuts from those seeds they found …
Notice there are no males of Diesel SD OG Underdawg ect , Stress pollination , XX chromosones = fems

4 Likes

Weasel’s interview tells a similar story. It was an accidental pollination from another crew.

2 Likes

Okay? But those are seeds from herm plants. You were talking about “several” different “original Sour Diesel” cuts, which really doesn’t make any sense (to me).

I’m not trying to be a dick or anything, I’m only looking for some clarification, just because (as far as I know) it’s not possible that there could be variations between clones that were all taken from the same mother plant. It’s literally not possible.

Might it be that the people growing said clones, the people who observed “variations,” weren’t taking into account environmental factors, different grow media, nute regimens etc etc? Because that’s the only thing that would make sense to me.

4 Likes

All this AJ we forgettin JJ.

1 Like

Say you got bag of SD you found a seed grew it cloned it , Some other guy got a bag of SD from same place he did same thing , your plants are not gonna be 100% same Phenos , just like not all the original S1 OG’s are the same , but close to each other , there clones from S1’s seeds that came from same plants , each will will be slightly different , i would say 90% of SD’s are grown indoors in a controlled enviorment ,

3 Likes

When I was on the east coast, I had extensive access to chems and Sour D was like a chem that made me hella anxious and paranoid and just too potent but still had that chem realm like GG4. It smells like diesel fuel so that should give away its chem lineage. The humbolt sour is supposed to be good but i dont know what that is. Have the AMG Sour f2’s though. from darkillusion.

I think sour D is best in hybrids cuz it amps iup the potency without the bad sativa effects.

6 Likes

Yes, I understand how “breeding” and stuff works. But to call plants grown from herm seeds “original Sour Diesel” is completely inaccurate, particularly since you don’t know the source of the pollen, generally-speaking. And even if you do know the source of the pollen, that wouldn’t be “original” Sour Diesel. That would be a hybrid, whether or not it was intentional.

You were talking about cuts, though, which I guess is even more inaccurate, seeing as how it’s literally impossible for there to be several different “cuts” of “original” Any Cultivar.

Again, I’m not trying to be a dick. It just bothers me when people say something that doesn’t make any sense at all with absolute certainty. You were talking about cuts, now you’re talking about S1’s… But that’s fine.

5 Likes

Thats not what hes saying. This is the shit that keeps most real breeders off the forums.

8 Likes

This happens all the time with cuts. People miss label stuff all the time unfortunately

5 Likes

Im finishing up a grow i ran a whole pack of rez x karma sour diesel and found this interesting runt that looks nothing like the other plants and has a really dank olfactory/rotting veg smell to it

I did keep a clone and I think I’ll run it again pending smoke test it’s an interesting little plant

Wondering if anyone could confirm my suspicion this might be a genetic throwback to the Northern Lights used way back in SDs alleged linage?

Here’s some budshots from some of the other plants

43 Likes

That’s exactly what he’s saying.

What does? Asking them to explain what they’re talking about when they’re not making any sense? Instead of just bowing down to them and “oohing and ahhing” over the fact that they sell seeds for a living? If they can’t take the most basic of questions, I dunno what to tell them (or you).

I love it when breeders show up. I wish more of them would. The reason I admire (or one of the reasons, anyway) the breeders I admire is because they’re perfectly willing and able to discuss their hybrids. But those posts above make absolutely zero sense. It’s literally impossible for there to be “several” different cuts of “original” anything, by definition. It’s also impossible (again, by definition) for any plant to be considered “original” if it’s actually the result of either an intentional or unintentional pollination with said “original” cut. That’s a hybrid, not the “original.”

This is pretty basic shit.

11 Likes

This is another story about diesel.

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m aware of that. And if you do mislabel something, don’t then make crosses with it, hope that you guessed right and sell the seeds.

Mislabeling shit is not an excuse for selling seeds of crosses that,”Ohhhhh, errrr, I dunno, I hope those were the right parent plants haha.” Trash it, get your shit together and start over. Or don’t sell those seeds. Don’t send out clones of something and say,”Fuck, I hope that was the actual clone I said it was.”

This is why there’s already just years and years and years of confusion.

10 Likes

What keeps them off of the forums ? Questions ?

5 Likes

Association with matt riot doesn’t exactly bestow credibility. He says a lot of words, but as often as not his “facts” are hearsay, interpretation, and interpolation.

But you’re not wrong—it’s a story about diesel.

9 Likes

@SmackyMcSmackers Exactly, I wasn’t saying that it’s the truth or anything along those lines. If you listen to any cannabis podcast, you have to take it with a grain of salt. I haven’t heard this version of why it’s called Sour Diesel before so I thought it was fun thing to link.

As of credibility of Matt I have nothing to say, but a lot of credible people have quite some association with him, like Nspecta and Bodhi :man_shrugging: Just saying…

That klopp dude seems pretty chill and not very egocentric :man_shrugging: Who knows…

Pz :v:t2:

4 Likes