Space for Mother's - need help

Hey guys :slight_smile:

I do want a place, for my mother’s.
and cuttings.

I do grow in about 2 weeks again, so it would be awesome to take cuttings.
I dont have the money and the place to get a tent and do it the “nice” way.

So i wanted to ask the lovely OG community… Can u maybe give me a tip a hint how i can do it cheap?
Like a cardboard or something? It doesnt has to be that big.

Enough Space is for me like 2-4 mothers and maybe 10 cuttings at max.

6 Likes

A spare closet maybe? It needs 18 hours per day light so it won’t need to be blacked out. You could even stick a couple on a shelf with a light over them and keep them small :grin:

7 Likes

I have a shelf in my storage shed with 10 watt led strips, I block up the tray to get enough light. On two trays I can get 48 of theose little pots or 12 1 gallon fabric pots.
Ghetto but is has been working.

6 Likes

As said, a little light ( I am using cfl 20w for males and LED 20W ( 100W dimmed) for mother’s,clones hacking in 0.3-0.5-1l
When transplanted in flower in 1 week ( Coco) they become monsters.

I then have a piece of cardboard to close the area…little ventilation,little extraction…and you can seed,clone,mother and hack.

Good luck

4 Likes

This works really well for keeping them small. I would think that any light bulb in a cardboard box would keep them from flowering. I don’t like suggesting cardboard, but I’ve done it before myself lol. Just remember that cardboard can be a fire hazard and a mold hazard as well

4 Likes

A note:
OT1 was working with 52w for sq/foot as light intensity for flowering ( mix MH+HPS)…to keep in mind (30x30cm). 20w LED for 60x40cm works ( but you need to consider breeding for light when do so. Sativa could complain a bit)

I guess was published originally in BCGA, after UK420 and republished over here and around?

1 Like

Yeah, I have a 100w led in a 2ft x 2ft tent and it’s too much for my clones. I flattened out a cardboard box and put it up as a light shield just to reduce the intensity. It seems to work lol

3 Likes

I use a 3x2 clone tent for mums, clones and seeds it’s enough room to keep my 5x5 going.

I take my clones In flower so when they’re re vegging they’re not really growing, by the time they do get growing most of flowering is over.

Taking clones later again in flower you can string out the re vegging until the mums are dried and tested.

It saves you putting effort into plants you don’t want to keep.

1 Like

Great idea! Half of my tent is taken up right now by plants waiting for the smoke test. This would save a lot of room

2 Likes

When I first started a member here showed how the made on out of card board. Fans where from those old tower computers

:green_heart: :seedling:.

1 Like

Why not use the clones as mothers?
Say you take 12 cuts, flower 10
That leaves 2 to provide more cuts when ready.
And they can go to flower.
The advantage is that the clones will be covered with hairs even in veg and you don’t have to keep
Big area for moms unless you want to breed
And they will be quicker to flower.

1 Like