Splinter's Doja Dojo

Very cool! Ahhh hempys that’s where I’ve seen it, I actually like the idea a lot tbh. I’m a coco guy myself but can see this being great as well, I bet it would work awesome in octos! Ya 470 dm should not be bad at all, v don’t stress ugly plants, we don’t smoke for looks right! I like your style my friend

1 Like

So, it’s been a busy week. I am down to just females on the inside tents at f7. I had to take down the males: sour grape (gave to a buddy for a breeding project) and the wreckage master bastard kush (it died a noble death for a bastard). both were the best plants in the bunch of 12. the wreckage was a stretchy monster. yield as a female would have been wild. the sour grape was a perfect looking plant. it was stout, squat, big leaves, lots of nodes, looked like a yielder and indica dom with a fast flower. it ate everything and loved it. it needed nothing. little or a lot of nute…it didn’t care.

I also had to deal with a few other issues that had crept up on me. A few plants had some soot from the perllte not being washed perfectly (I know how it happened, won’t again). root rot was setting in on the Golden Triangle. Too many plants were struggling under high intensity light as well. so, i needed to feed more base nutes apparently…and less cal mag. cool. i also flushed them all and got the soot level down. it’s working. all the plants are rocking now except the Godfather og x mean mug ( aka Dad’s Rootbeer, my name, unless you want me to name it Stepfather OG?). i might have to flush it again this week if it doesn’t perk up…might just take a cut and start over with something that doesn’t have whatever this bucket has. anyway, it’s not too bad. it looked good the other day. it might get better.

This tent is turning around. i have an extra space at the moment ,but it will get filled soon. The Lemon Alien is a good example of breeding squat genetics into stretchy ones. hopefully they don’t stretch much.
Top: Lemon Alien fem (my own seed, cross of the cabbage pheno and a very good coffee pheno)
Bottom: Lemon Alien fem (my own seed), widow bomb monster that I think is male. all my other predictions have been correct. i think i know about sex by now.

Here we have: the orange mooncake s1 and the grandpa jack auto (grandpas stash atuo x jack herrer auto). the mooncake is at v17. the auto is at 35 days and hasn’t shown sex yet, it’s been under 24 hr of blue blurple. maybe that holds off things. the other auto flowered when i put it under 16/8. so, this one will probably do something similar? I also started the last of the cotton candy. my final attempt to see if seedcellar.com is total bullshit. they are not making me happy right now. I just wanted solid advice…not free stuff. i don’t need their free stuff as much as a need a a single expression of cotton candy…ugh. I’ll know in a week or less.

This tent is doing pretty well. the chocolope is getting pretty big and aggressive. it’s the youngest plant of the fem photos. the dad’s rootbeer is a bit sad. i might have to flush again. the kauai cross is total crap. it’s viney and took too long to sex meaning it will take long to flower and stretch all over the tent. it better be cool. i am pleased though that this tent has a lot of sativa influence. the grateful red, like the chocolope, have thin leaves. so mostly NLD, i guess. even the nl5 cross has pretty narrow leaves.

Top: Thai/colombian red x 91 purple niagara, Chocolope x Kwazulu, Dad’s Rootbeer
Bottom: Kauai Electric x Pineapple Ghost, Wedding Glue Auto, NL5 x Stargown

These are the OG seeds. All gifts from awesome dudes. Anyway. the ice cream cake is coming alive. i thought it was silly at first. it’s a stretchy beast, but it has a lot of tops. the widow bomb monster is also pretty magnificent. very full, going to yield i think. the golden triangle seems to have recovered from it’s mild bout of root rot. it’s look good. i am hopeful. that was probably the most special of all my seed pops. i know what it can look like from icmag.
Top: ICC #5, BDE x RKS (aka Detroit RKS City), Widow Bomb Monster
Bottom: Grass Fire OG x Dominion Diesel, blank, Golden Triangle

This is the ambient condition tent. Colorado Sativas grow. Veg v29. It’s going pretty well. the leaves are crazy big. my buddy who helps me hadn’t been by in a while. he was shocked as the dinosaur level leaves we had. All are getting training except one oaxaca that is a squat nearly pure indica it seems. i better be skunky colorado sativas…

Top: Panama, Pamana, Oaxaca, Oaxaca
Bottom: Kona Gold x Blue Orca Haze, Acapulco Gold BC1, Acapulco Gold BC1, Widow Bomb Monster (probably fem).

@PatHealy thanks my dude. i think you helped me solve an issue i developed a long time ago. when i first bought gh floranova nute i got them from a brick and mortar. i used them for a couple months and went back as I was having issues. the owner said to run 800 or more and then it would be ok. it was. i later switch many parameters in my setup and thought that a lower nute regime was better. i may have mistaken a few lucky cuts/strains for success when it was just dumb luck. i can feed these plants how i please. they love it. i thought the underfed burns were over fed burns. crap. so many really good yields that could have been… it hurts the pocket, but slightly over nuted plants yield better than slightly undernuted plants.

2 Likes

so, I culled the last male for a few weeks. i took down the reserve widow bomb monster that seemed male. it had some pretty advanced male preflowers. very bushy and short nodes. not like a lot of males.

just got the new drying tent. hopefully a 2x4x5 will be enough. i might have to take down up to 8 plants at a time. the most i have had currently was 8 split up on hangers and it was so packed an annoying across a 2x2 and a 1.5x3. total area is a slightly smaller, but it should be more efficient. i might even be able to have two tiers doubling the area.

i may dry trim and hang whole plants this time. i think it will use less space. usually i wet trim and break into single stems. it’s sort of stressful since i have to deal with the entire plant all at once and all other plants on the same day. i think i can leisurely trim all the bud after it dries this other way. the reason i wet trim is the dry trimming hurts my eyes and i can’t get the scissors between the bud and the leaves. the leaves stick out when it’s wet.

2 Likes

At veg day 37, it looks like I only got 1 female AG bc1 and 1 fem Panama. The other 5 Colorado Sativa plants look male. The widow bomb monster in the same tent looks fem. So, i should have 5 slots open…no need to fill them all, but i might.

So, my bro dropped off clones. 1 was my cut of red hot cookies (glad to get it back, but is so bushy and needs to be adjusted) and 1 female Goldfish (Kodiak Gold x Black Tuna (herijuana x Lamb’s Breath)) from Hazeman. I just potted the Goldfish and gave it some training. A few weeks of veg and it, as well as the Orange Mooncake, should be ready to go.

2 Likes

Sitting at f15. Slowly doing some defoliation as it’s a jungle mess in there. They will get a heavy defol at week 3 or 4 depending on state of stretching. I have had a ton of stretch on a few plants, namely the Ice Cream cake and the Grass fire og x dom diesel. i haven’t had a plant over 2 feet before in this setup…both are over 2 feet now. i don’t have much room left for the light to move up…if i rig it just right, i can get another 4 inches, but that’s it. i usually get stretch through f23 or so. The chocolope x kwazulu and the NL5 x Angel Fly by are also big stretchers. The Grateful Red and the Kuaui cross are both flowering pretty slowly…especially the kuaui. The Grandpa Jack auto still hasn’t started flowering, even at day 43. It did finally sex, so maybe it will move to flower in the next week or so, but it could be photo (bad breeding). I’ve been running 700 to 800 ppm of just bloom or veg. i added some silica to the flowering plants this week. i may keep that up as some of the stems are too fragile, thin or brittle. no deficiencies at the moment…let’s see if this keeps up as i move through week 3 and 4 which is where i usually get deficiencies.

The small dry/veg tent:
top: Lemon Alien (it’s been having some issue, nutes isn’t fixing it, really tall), Lemon Alien (this one looks good)
Bottom: Grandpa jack Auto

Top: grateful red (seems NLD), chocolope x kwazulu (the NLD is strong with this one), Godfather OG x Mean Mug (I want to name it Dad’s Rootbeer)
bottom: Kuaui cross, Wedding Glue auto (trying to decide if i need to defoliate), NL5 cross (narrower leaves than expected)

Top: ICC (this is a stretchy bitch, not liking it much, it’s super brittle and I broke off a top), BDE x RKS, Widow Bomb Monster
Bottom: Grass Fire OG x Dom. Diesel (very stretchy), blank, Golden Triangle (it’s looking great, really turned around)

4 Likes

I had to take down the St. Stephen (NL5 x Angel Fly By). It ha nanners and then on closer inspection, it had a lot of balls forming. It was mostly the lowers on certain branches, but it wasn’t just a few…so, it died. Taking it’s place in the flower tent will be the kona blue orca haze. i think it’s male, but I need to confirm this week.

Also, i accidentally potted up the red hot cookies clone instead of the gold fish…i didn’t find out until the dude who gave the goldfish to me came over and told me. So, I was not going to have enough space to run the cloner…well, with the loss of the St. Stephen, it looks like i don’t have a problem anymore.

2 Likes

The Golden Triangle looks herm. I hope someone sees this soon and lets me know what they think. it’s really odd looking.

20231106_162550_zoomed

i see where your mentioning but i cant really tell at this point. :crossed_fingers: hoping that its not.

1 Like

Did it flower slowly?
The the GT has buds about 20% the size of the other plants. All hybrid, probably indica dom.

1 Like

the gt leaned hard to the tk side so she has rock hard golf ball type nugs all the way down the stalk. she finishes up easily by day 65 in rockwool, but who knows whats in the selfed gt genes.

edit. your at day 15f? they look fine if only at 15 from 12/12.

f18 in that pic. but the other plants are farther along. the hairs are really short. the buds are about the size of a pencil eraser, they should be about the size of a large grape right now.

1 Like

Been a few days, were you able to determine if they were just part of the female flower or if there was an intersex issue?
Have a great rest of your weekend.

thanks for checking in. I don’t think it is intersex, but the flowers are very small and slow to develop. based on the way it looks, i would say no more than an oz, maybe less. I average 50g or so per plant in this setup. it is probably the frostiest of the bunch, so maybe the smoke will be potent.

1 Like

If it turns out anything like the mom it will be really strong. Sorry the yield doesn’t look like it’s there, the nugs don’t get big but they get rock hard and it makes up for it usually. Will be watching and hoping she starts to pack on some weight!

the golden triangle looked like this the other day. i’ve done some defoliation since, but not much since the leaves aren’t too big. have a good one.

3 Likes

For reference, the BDE X RKS at f21 or so.

3 Likes

This week sucked. I found a leak and mold in the house and had to have people inside to figure out things. then i had to get all the ducting in the house replaced. $$$. So, i left the light at 80ish watts in all the tents and turned off all the fans. it was a 10 hour install with guys in the attic and in a lot of rooms. I hope the plants are not affected. It shouldn’t be too big a deal, maybe like an overcast day. I have never had anyone inside my place like that when live.

The Kona blue Orca was male was culled this week. A few plants got moved around for optimization. The Grandpa Jack went to ambient tent since it got so tall. One oaxaca made it to an inside flowering tent to determine sex. it seemed male though. I will give it a few days more.
Saw a bug/leafhopper maybe in the ambient ten and sprayed with pyrethrin. No bugs now. They also got flipped to 12/12 this week. So, 44 to 50 days veg for the CS plants.
Top: Panama (fem), Panama (male?), Oaxaca (still in the veg tent, male?)
Bottom: Grandpa Jack Auto, AG bc1(male?), AG bc1 (fem?), Widow Bomb Monster (def fem)

oaxaca 2, looking male

panama looking male:

I did a little one by one before defoliating the taking clones.
Godfather OG x Mean Mug. looking frosty for f21

Chocolope x Kwazulu. could be a big yield, looks nice. fairly NLD. Tall and big. takes up a lot of space. over 24 inches tall.

Colombian Red/Thai x 91 Niagara purple. Saw some stretch this past week. getting over 24inches. also looks NLD. frostier than the chocolope. the fans are getting trichs… the ones I would pull off. the buds seem smaller, but if they do what i hope, i will have some super long skinny buds.

Kuaui Electric x Pineapple Ghost. It’s starting to shape up. the leaves are getting thinner.

Wedding Glue auto. Small, not too frosty. not really looking forward to this. seems like I will continue to think autos suck, but maybe it will do something cool soon.

Ice Cream Cake #5. smallish buds. stretchiest plant i have ever grown. it’s over 30inches tall. that is a huge problem. i have the light the highest it will go.

Widow Bomb Monster. very frosty.

Grass Fire OG x Dominion Diesel. very frosty. second stretchiest plant i have grown. buds are looking good, frosty.

I already posted the golden triangle and BDE x RKS. the BDE x RKS is the best looking plant in all my tents. it has tons of frost, even on the thick fan leaves.

The smell is starting to pick up.
After defoliation and the big HVAC job:
Top: ICC, BDExRKS, Widow Bomb Monster
Bottom: Grass Fire OG x Dom. Diesel, Oaxaca (male?), Golden Triangle

Top: Grateful Red, Choco Lit Zulu, Godfather OG x Mean Mug
Bottom: Lemon Alien (the one was giving me issues, seems ok now, but it’s 20 inches tall at veg start), the wedding glue, Kuaui x Pineapple Ghost

Back up plants and my Red Hot Cookies mother:
Top: Orange Mooncake, Lemon Alien
Bottom: Red Hot Cookies, Goldfish (it looked sick when i got it and it remains that way).

I am bit worried about the Lemon Aliens. they have about 80 days veg and will be too big. oh well…let’s see what happens. I’ll put the other one in flower once i cull some males. I might wait a week or two more to put the orange mooncake in. It’s going pretty slowly.

I took some cuts in case I hit any winners

4 Likes

I managed to get the light up a bit more. i am hitting 670ppfd on a few tops that are too tall. they don’t seem to like it. lots of tip burn, but it could be from the nute. i had to flush one the happy bird tent since i accidentally dump veg nutes water into a few plants…couldn’t remember which ones. that sucked. F31

Top: Grateful Red (hashy smell), Choco Lit Zulu (slight chocolate), Godfather OG x mean mug (frostiest and will probably have a cookies look),
Bottom: Goldfish (this thing sucks…it looks worse today than before I put it to flower), Wedding Glue Auto (smells sweet), Kuaui Electric x Pineapple Ghost (this thing smell so cool, like sour pineapple or clear gummy bears, it’s weird, not frosty though).

This tent is doing really well. All seem to be pretty decent genetics.
Top: ICC5 (all are pretty frosty except this one, it’s ok), BDE x RKS (maturing fastest), Widow Bomb Monster
Bottom: Grass fire Diesel, Golden Triangle

Got this tent into flower at F9 and all males culled. Only got 2/7 from the Colorado Sativas. The Lemon Aliens went out here too. they are super tall, but loving it more or less. I am trying some abuse techniques I saw Rasta Jeff suggest. popping the internodes on the Lemon aliens to keep them short. if they doubled in size that would be a problem and the mom did stretch some.
Top: Panama, Widow Bomb Monster 2, Lemon Alien 1
Bottom: Acapulco Gold bc1, Grandpa Jack Auto (doing really well, super slow), Lemon Alien 2 (this is the taller one, but it’s behind).

Top: Orange Mooncake this looks great, i don’t think i will train this one. it has a week and a half or so before it get puts into flower.
Bottom: Red hot cookies.I may take clones and flower the mother…the gold fish isn’t turning out the more RHC the bettter. it’s fantastic bud. presses at like 17pct andi it’s a gooey mess, so not the best for hash…i have others that hit 27pct that are like glass. as a joint, it is top knotch smoke. uplifting and quite strong. the taste is tangie and tropical fruit notes all the way to the end.

4 Likes

Weekly update. So, during one watering i accidentally put veg nutes on a few plants. they got a gallon of water and low nutes since. in fact, i’ve had to give low/no nutes to all of them as they are getting claw and other N and even some P toxicity symptoms. the sativa doms are having it the worst. Everything is cloned up and rooted for the most part. i am waiting on the panama clones and a few others from that tent. All the males i just stuck in peat/coco seem to have survived too. Oh ya, I added 40w of side lighting to each of the indoor tents.

The orange mooncake just went into the Happy Bird Tent
Top: Grateful Red, Choco Lit Zulu , Godfather OG x mean mug,
Bottom: Orange Mooncake, Wedding Glue Auto, Kuaui Electric x Pineapple Ghost.

Chocolope x Kwazulu20231126_181829

Godfather OG x Mean Mug

Kauai Electric x Pineapple Ghost

Wedding Glue Auto

The OG tent is looking pretty good. everything has frost. might be a few top shelfers in here.
Top: ICC5 (all are pretty frosty except this one, it’s ok), BDE x RKS (maturing fastest), Widow Bomb Monster
Bottom: Grass fire Diesel, Golden Triangle

Grass Fire OG x Dominion Diesel

ICC #5, it’s has some purple or a deficiency/lockout looks cool. it’s much lighter green in the bud that the rest.

Big Detroit Energy x Road Kill Skunk,

Widow Bomb Monster 1

Golden Triangle

The ambient tent is doing pretty well. i got some yellow tips on a the Acapulco and the Panama, but I think it was just light burn. they didn’t stretch for a couple days then stretched a bunch, They caught up to the Lemon Aliens.
Top: Panama, Widow Bomb Monster 2, Lemon Alien 1
Bottom: Acapulco Gold bc1, Grandpa Jack Auto (doing really well, super slow), Lemon Alien 2 (this is the taller one, but it’s behind).

Lemon Alien 2 is maturing super fast. Odd coloring on the bud. the mother was not like that. It looks like the female that was next to it. hmm…I’ll try to find an old pic

-

5 Likes

So, I think the Lemon Alien 2 is actually Lemon Alien x Melonsicle. I made those beans too. I planted 2 cups, each with a few beans. Each of which was culled to just 2 plant… and I think each cup could have been a strain…ugh…anyway, that would make since the LA2 is moving from red to purple just as an early bud, just like the Melonsicle. Well, good to test to both I guess. The lemon alien doesn’t do that at all, it’s like normal bubba or something.

1 Like