Splinter's Doja Dojo

so, the last week has gone well. only the grate red is giving any issues. it still seems locked out. i will flush tomorrow maybe and give it normal veg nutes, not boosters. it’s still totally white haired. The red hot cookies just went in.it’s a fast one so it should finish up before the lats of the rest.

in the middle of week 7

Top: Grateful Red, Choco Lit Zulu , Godfather OG x mean mug,
Bottom: Orange Mooncake, Wedding Glue Auto (getting the chop soon), Kuaui Electric x Pineapple Ghost.

The OG tent is looking pretty good. everything has frost. might be a few top shelfers in here.
Top: ICC5, BDE x RKS, Widow Bomb Monster
Bottom: Grass fire Diesel, Red Hot cookies, Golden Triangle

middle of week 4, just defoliated. The only bad thing that happened this week was that i found an ACI fan without duct tape over the lights in the back. i don’t know why those idiots put lights on a fan for weed growing…I’ll probably get to find out like week 7 that they nannered up. Worst will probably bet he panama unless I get lucky.
Top: Panama, Widow Bomb Monster 2, Lemon Alien 1
Bottom: Acapulco Gold bc1, Grandpa Jack Auto (doing really well, super slow), Lemon Alien 2 (this is the taller one, but it’s behind

3 Likes

Took down the FastBuds Wedding Glue Auto today. 86 days from sprout. It looked decent under the microscope. maybe 80+pct white some clear and at the top maybe a little amber, but not much. it smells of vanilla, wedding cake forward. some sort of classic smell to it…not classic as in old, but like a decade ago. it was pretty leafy and yield may be low. the lower nugs are less mature. top nugs had large calyx/bracts. a wet trim would have been pretty easy, but I am going to practice dry trimming this one and see if I can handle that for the rest of them going down in a few weeks. I accidentally broke off a nug the other day. i could feel the bud. very light body stone. it’s not very potent. high lasted less than an hour.

also, just got a new dry setup. a 2x4x5 just for drying. i should be able to get 8 to 10 of these things hung up in there at a time. the larger space should help with a slower dry.

The Wedding Glue

4 Likes

It looks like the Chocolope x Kwazulu and the Big Detroit Energy x RKS will come down first. at f53, they are looking close. maybe a week or less left to go. Tip burn is progressing fast on a lot of the other plants in late flower. i cannot figure out the colombia/thai cross. it’s super sensitive to something…not sure what though. a few other are giving me slight trouble too, but they are much closer to the chop date. the colombian/thai and kuai still don’t have red hairs…like maybe one per top max.

Detroit RKS City

Choco Lit Zulu

the ambient tent is doing pretty well. the Acapulco gold is doing the tip burn stuff…i guess it doesn’t like nutes too much.

Top: Grateful Red, Choco Lit Zulu , Godfather OG x mean mug,
Bottom: Orange Mooncake, Kuaui Electric x Pineapple Ghost.

Top: ICC5, BDE x RKS, Widow Bomb Monster
Bottom: Grass fire Diesel, Red Hot cookies (dang thing is taking off), Golden Triangle

Ambient tent. It’s been hot and freezing this week. 100% rh and 30% rh. yay.
Bottom: Acapulco Gold bc1, Grandpa Jack Auto, Melonsicle x Lemon Alien

The Melonsicle x Lemon Alien showing a forbidden fruit pheno. super fruity smelling already. f30 or so.

The Acapulco Gold BC1 f31

1 Like

So, we hit f63 today and it was time to take down the Big Detroit Energy x Roadkill Skunk. Thanks for the beans @DougDawson !

The scissor hash suggests a solid indica dominant, skunk type bud with a very slight head buzz. The flavor is more along the lines of a biscotti or wedding cake. Almost sweet with some vanilla. There are a few other scents, but they are muddled, so perhaps something else will come out of the dry. Wet trim weight was 271, so it should be 50 to 55g dried. That is pretty standard weight for my tent, but i have never yielded so well on a 63 day cut.

I think I gave up on the dry trim after doing the Wedding Glue Auto a week or so ago. 20 grams took almost 2 hours and it looks like crap. my wet trim is way better looking and ~50g worth of bud took 1.5 hours. If I have the time at harvest, it’s a wet trim I guess.

Big Detroit Energy x RKS

Uploading: 20231221_083114.jpg…

Top: ICC5, Widow Bomb Monster
Bottom: Grass fire Diesel, Red Hot cookies (it’s super stretchy, at f18), Golden Triangle (this one is turning out really nice. huge shift in the last week or so)

I am struggling with this next tent. I am getting burn from just water…it doesn’t make sense to me.
Top: Grateful Red, Choc Lit Zulu , Godfather OG x mean mug,
Bottom: Orange Mooncake (just got defoliated, f24), Kuaui Electric x Pineapple Ghost.

This next tent is at f41, only the Acapulco gold is giving me issues. it just keeps getting more tip burn. ppfd is lower than normal for me in flower and I dropped the feed to under 500ppm. does it just need only water and no nutes? Th Acapulco is also maturing a bit faster than i expected…and the Panama is way behind.
Bottom: Acapulco Gold bc1, Grandpa Jack Auto (doing really well, final stretch), Lemon Alien x Melonsicle

Ok some close ups. I might have to reupload if any are blurry:
Golden Triangle, smells like wedding cake. vanilla.

Golden Triangle again

Widow Bomb Monster

Ice Cream Cake #5. This plant smells great. Super vanilla, doughy, baked goods

Grassfire OG x Dominion Diesel

Kauai Electric x Pineapple Ghost, this one just won’t feed correctly. it does seem to be maturing now. very slow. low frost. super greasy and terpy. the baseball bat size colas are interesting. could be a good one to mix with something potent and small.

The chocolope. i thought this one was going down today. i might give it a few more days. it keep throwing white hairs, but not too many. trichs are white, no amber yet.

Godfather OG x Mean Mug. odd looking buds, wish it was chunkier.

Grateful Red = Colombian Red x Thai x Purple Niagara (Weaver’s Bud?). This has been my worst plant, but the bud looks so different than other stuff i have grown. I am really hoping for a good sativa buzz. the buds are starting to mature There are a lot of them. maybe 4 or 5 more weeks.

Acapulco Gold BC1…i might have to get another pic. It just hates nutes…idk. Maybe it will mature fast so doesn’t have to live too long with a crappy appetite. It does seem to have some frost which was not really expected. I am thinking the thai from the backcross is showing up here.

Panama . This one is super slow. looks like big slow buds. I am not sure that is normal. I think most people complain the Panama out of ACE is too fast. we’re going into week 7 with no red hairs at all.

Widow Bomb Monster. Not as good a yielded as the other one, but this one is much frostier. Also no red hairs.

Lemon Alien F2, looking really nice. smaller buds, but decently frosty. a few days younger than the rest of the tent. It doesn’t realy look that much like the mom, but I might have to wait to until the end to end to know. this one seems much lighter in color and was less bushy. The fade will tell if get there.

Lemon Alien x Melonsicle. looking good, but not has frosty as the Lemon Alien. this will give a larger yield though. long, thick colas.

Grandpa Jack = Grandpa’s Stash (Ethos) x Jack Herrer (New420guy). this is looking fantastic. way better than my other autos. i showed it to my old grow buddy and he said ‘wow, it looks like real weed’. he hates to find out his bag is auto bud. we’ve had bad experiences. smell is sweet, also a bit of baked goods or vanilla.

not sure why, but so many of the plants have this vanilla smell. i’ve never had a grow with vanilla in anything so far. I was not expecting that. nothing is really fruity that i have noticed except the Kuaui cross. I did finally get a cutting of the red hot cookies to root. it took 26 days in the aero cloner. i took a few cuts, so i might have extra. When i shut down this time, i was thinking of making a seed run in solo cups…reversing the red hot cookies onto a few of these and maybe pop a few beans to take some pollen.

2 Likes

f68. Just took down the Golden Triangle. Thanks @Slammedsonoma420. I hope you had a great holiday. I think this turned out really nice looking. I am not sure it is a keeper in the realm of Golden Triangles, but it looks good. I supposed this is a TK pheno?

The tops have had cloudy trichs for a week and the lowers look pretty good. Yield was not huge, but it wasn’t bad either. It should be workable for me at about a dry 45g/sqft. My last run averaged 50/sqft as a reference. It did get pretty heavy, fast, at the end. It definitely got floppy in the tent. smell on this one is not too strong. vanilla with maybe a slight pine, but we’ll see after the cure. the last one I took down, BDExRKS, turned grapefruit after smelling creamy/vanilla at chop.

Golden Triangle S1

4 Likes

You are very welcome! Merry Christmas and i hope you had a nice holiday as well. I hope she smokes as well as the mother.

1 Like

just tried the scissor hash on the Golden Triangle. It is way more heady than i expected. not racey, just a balloon feeling and a good body high…perhaps will lead to a stone. maye a later cut would make this more debilitating, but it’s pretty severe as it is. deer in the headlights sort of high…don’t feel like moving too much.

2 Likes

Took down the Choc Lit Zulu (Chocolope x Kwazulu) from Happy Bird Seeds at f69. This thing is awesome. I am not sure it will squish for a high amount, but the plant got the least amount of veg and will probably be a top yielder.,…expecting well over 60g on this one once dried. The smell is very strong, pungent almost like dirty diapers…it’s not nice and carob or fake chocolate which is ok…I think I am going to like this one. Given it’s under 70 days to flower, if it hits sativa and has some potentcy, it could be a keeper.

The Choc Lit Zulu

Next will probably be the ICC or the Grass Fire OG x Dom. Diesel. The grandpa jack auto might come down soon too. My Melonsicle x Lemon Alien threw a couple nanners overnight. It’s frosty, so if that keeps happening it’s getting hashed.

4 Likes

What is left, at f70

At f48

4 Likes

took the Grassfire OG x Dominion Diesel at f73. Trichs weren’t really turning amber much, but all the buds look mature down the plant. yield seems good, should be 50 to 60g dried and trimmed. the OG kush seems strong with this one on the build. Lots of vanilla/cookie type of terps, but the cure could change that. thank you @RiekoX. this was a pretty solid plant. it stretched a lot of and worked itself inside all the other plants. the buds looks similar to other one I saw someone growing on OG, but didn’t seem so stretchy as this one.

Grassfire OG x Dominion Diesel

I just jarred the Big Detroit Energy x RKS i took down at f63. It started off grapefruit, but seems to have gone Durian…which is a new one for me. It is perhaps down the line of a dumpster on a hot summer day with a dash of garlic, but just slightly sweeter like durian. the smoke is ok, nothing special to note. maybe it needed more time. the yield didn’t turn out that well for that one, but the aroma is really nice.

5 Likes

Just took down the Ice Cream Cake #5 s1 at f75. Thanks @hawkman, btw, the first seed worked. you were the first person on this site to offer me beans. thanks again.

This plant was super stretchy. i had to tip over the tops to keep them from burning. I did break off a top, but I still think this one is not a great yielder. The stems were very weak and brittle making the plant collapse on itself. it smells of vanilla and baked goods. really nice and a much stronger vanilla that most of the other ones so far. this plant was very purple on the buds. there were still a few white hairs, but they have been sitting there for a long time. most of the lowers had turned red. trichs were difficult to discern. the leaves were mostly amber, but buds had a lot of leaf within them. It was hard to get a shot of just the calyx and I figured that i would be smoking most of those amber leaves so it got the chop. the trim wasn’t too bad, but this plant really gave some trouble when trimming the crow’s feet…i nicked a bunch of buds. Yield should be at least 40g dried and trimmed.

Ice Cream Cake #5

5 Likes

Thanks for the “mentioned” comment - !! @splinter7

1 Like

This is the hard part of the grow. I’ve got plants coming down and a bunch of tents with plants at all sorts of stages of development. this is taking up a bunch of time.

This tent has the last of the first round of seed pops. They are all 1 to 3 or 4 weeks away. The The Grateful Red may go 15 weeks…i hope not. the Kuai will go 12 at least. The Godfather og cross looks really good, but the trichs just wont finish up, same with the widow bomb.
At F77
Top: Grateful Red, Godfather OG x Mean Mug
Bottom: Widow Bomb, Kauai Electric Pineapple Ghost

These are the two youngest ones. The Red Hot Cookies is so fast, it’s behind a few day and is much father along than the mooncake.
Orange Mooncake f38 and Red Hot Cookies f33

This tent is looking alright. I had to pull about 5 nanners on the Melonsicle x Lemon Alien. All were found near the top of the a couple buds. The Acapulco gold is maturing super fast. It looks like it might be finished by week 11, but today it shot a bunch of white hairs. The grandpa Jack Looks fantastic, but it is taking a long time to finish. the fade is great. A bit of purple in this tent. The night time temps are getting pretty low. it froze a few times, so i have to expect temps got below 60…maybe below 50 even.

This tent is at f55 and a few days younger for the lemon aliens
Panama, Widow Bomb, Lemon Alien
Acapulco Gold, Grandpa Jack Auto, Melonsicle x Lemon Alien

Some close ups:

Grandpa Jack Auto

Acapulco Gold BC1

Widow Bomb 2nd plant

Widow Bomb 2nd plant

Lemon Alien and Melonsicle x Lemon Alien

Panama

1 Like

It’s harvest season…so 4 more went down. Unfortunately, the melonsicle x lemon alien is continuing to throw nanners. It got moved into a private room where it will wait maybe 3 to 5 days.

taken af f80, smells of lemon and sandlewood with a pungent funk. I really struggled to keep this one happy. It finished up really quick all of a sudden. I wasn’t expecting it to be done. i checked the trichs and I was almost 10pct amber up top. The scissor hash didn’t really get me high…maybe gave me some energy. This was an absolute nightmare to trim. I just picked out the leaves with my fingers (in silicone gloves). this plant took me over 3 hours to trim.
The Grateful Red (Colombian Red x Thai x Weavers’ Bud) from Happy Bird Seeds

taken f81, this is one of the best looking plants I have grown. Very nice. I tried the scissor hash and it’s pretty good. I got lit. It’s very energetic and a paranoia inducing.
Grandpa Jack Auto (Ethos Grandpa’s Stash x New420guy Jack Herrer) from Happy Bird Seeds

taken f81, It turns out Widow Bomb Landrace is Widow Bomb x either Triple Pakistan or Afghan. Based on the pics I saw from @Tracker, I suspect it to be the Pakistan. Monster is I think one of the Widow Bomb Landrace that was especially large. This plant smells like cloves. It’s pretty cool. I wished it didn’t nanner at the end, but maybe i took it too far. It faded nicely I bet this messes me up when i smoke it. This pheno is nice, but I think the one in the other tent that will come down in a few weeks is nicer. this one was little leafy but it left a lot of scissor hash.
Widow Bomb Landrace x Monster from @THCeed

Taken at f81
This one actually smells faintly like root beer or sassafras. It was also a bit leafy and the bud isn’t really very tight. I wish i could have waited a little longer for the bottoms to mature, but the tops were at 10pct amber. Unless the high is amazing, i am not sure i will grow out the rest of these beans. The bud structure wasn’t very good and the smell is mild.
Godfather OG x Mean Mug from Happy Bird Seeds

5 Likes

Nice grows! I never saw your thread before. I’ll be interested to know how the Widow Bomb Monster turns out after cure. Please tag me if you do a smoke report.

I have just a few seeds left of the Widow Bomb and the Widow Bomb x Landrace. I’m pretty sure Widow Bomb is still available from Bomb Seeds. The year I grew it outdoor, Widow Bomb was my favorite plant for structure/vigour and favorite flower after cure.

3 Likes

I had to chop the Melonsicle x Lemon Alien at f61. It was getting way too many nanners. upon closer inspection during trimming, it seems to have a few premature micro seeds in a few buds. It’s possible it pollinated my other plants in that tent. i removed it a few days ago and it’s been sitting in it’s own room. the trichs seemed ready so, maybe it will be good to smoke still. the smell is outrageous. like fruit punch concentrate with vomit. It’s good. the lower buds are some of the worst looking larf i’ve seen, but the uppers look ok. It won’t be super potent, but hopefully it tastes good. It being mostly purple is sort of cool…only the leaves were green for the most part. This is the first harvest of my own seeds…sadly, I may not run many more of this combo after this experience. if no nanners, and if it got me even decently high…it could have been a keeper. the aroma is that good.

Melonsicle (THseeds) x Lemon Alien (La Plata Labs) by Splinter7

f63. this tent looks good. the Panama is really going slow…and the Acapulco is going way too fast. Anyway. A few of these may come down soon…two weeks tops for all of them except the Panama.
Panama, Widow Bomb Landrace (top), Acapulco Gold BC1 (bottom), Lemon Alien

Pineapple Ghost x Kauai Electric at f85. It may have another week or more. no amber and still a lot of clear trichs.

Orange Mooncake f45 (smells strongly of orange hard candy), Red Hot Cookies f40

Some close ups:
Red Hot Cookies

Panama

Widow Bomb Landrace

Acapulco Gold BC1

Lemon Alien

Orange Mooncake

4 Likes

Just took down the second Widow Bomb Landrace. This was a sad one. Yield was super low and it had a bunch of seeds. Smells of light vegetal with the same eucalyptus to almost lime the other one had. It was in the sun for a bit…it was jet black. It also seemed to have this liver or dogfood smell when i bumped into it. I will be lucky get get an oz dry. Most of the seeds were in the lowers. I expected some seeds due to the melo nsicle x lemon alien being a big time hermie, but this one too had a bunch of nanners in the lowers. I am guessing it was cross and self pollinated. I also suspect it got to the Panama and Acapulco…and I can already see some seeds in the Lemon Alien. The bud structure on this Window Bomb Landrace was nice. The first one was all leafy buds, but this one had nuggage to it. Worst of all, i was planning running the red hot cookies into this, but I may have to forego it as it’s possibly not stable. Maybe it would be ok if it got better light the the lowers. The plant was super dense and I didn’t have room to splay it out to get light low…or, i could have taken up all the lower bud sites a bit higher. Anyway, it’s probably not worth the risk.

Taken at f74
Widow Bomb Landrace x Monster (Widow Bomb Landrace) from @THCeed a la @Tracker

Now for the Guava Flow Ghost (Pineapple Ghost x Kauai Electric). This plant just wouldn’t finish up for me and some of the buds were starting to looking pretty rough. Had I known that it wanted 14+ weeks I would have fed differently. At one point, it looked like this was just a week or so away from harvest. I had cloudy trichs on the tops and the next few buds down. This was the heaviest yield by about 15% over the top plant (the Grassfire OG x Dominion Diesel). It smells of very strong fresh green guava like the big one in South Asia…my whole house smells like guava. This was very leafy and took a long time to trim. the buds are super big and fluffy. It reminds me a bit of the Tikal and the Trainwreck I’ve run.

Taken at f96
Guava Flow Ghost from Happy Bird Seeds

Here are the last of the indoor grow.
Orange Mooncake at f57 and Red Hot Cookies at f52

The ambient tent is doing pretty well. the cold this last week really put the color on this tent. Even the Acapulco Gold BC1 is fading…red. Cool. It’s almost done. The panama is taking it’s sweet time. Both are at f74. The Lemon Alien is at f78.

My next project is going to be reversing the red hot cookies. I love this cut and it looks good. Fast, potent, smells/tastes great and easy to grow…hard as hell to clone though. I am hoping to increase yield and get some fem beans.

A close up of the red hot cookies at f52…it’s harvestable now, but i will give it another ten days or so.

I am trying to sort out what exactly is going to get hit with the Red Hot Cookies. I may pop some of the G13/HP regs and an NL#2 to add to the mix since i got nanners on a few plants in this last round. Also, I am missing clones for a few strain as I gave out some and the boneheads killed most of them. I am hoping to get this SSH cut in time. I had planned to do the run in solo cups, but i think i might get some quarter or half gallon buckets and just do hempys. Most of the clones have been in solos for a while now.

Current females for the run:

Red Hot Cookies (reversed)
Red Hot Cookies (reversed)
Red Hot Cookies
Grateful Red
Choc Lit Zulu
Acapulco Gold BC1
Panama
Grassfire Diesel
Detroit RKS City
Lemon Alien
Golden Triangle
Ice Cream Cake
NL2 (maybe)
G13/HP (maybe)

4 Likes

Just took down the Lemon Alien. I am pretty happy with this. it was super frosty and smells like it will turn out coffee smelling with a slight lemon like the mom. I need to run this in my main tent setup to get some chunkier buds. The tops were pretty good, but the lowers were a bit larfy. still frosty though. it should be slightly indica dominant. Yield may only be an oz or so, but it got the worsts position in the tent. It also looks like it got some pollen on it from the Melonsicle x Lemon Alien and maybe some from the Widow Bomb Landrace in a few places. Most of the buds looked clean though.

Lemon Alien F2 by me taken at f71.

@MikeyMeteor this is the Lemon Alien you’re getting.

6 Likes

i took down the Acapulco Gold BC1 from Colorado Sativas at f79. The trichs were cloudy. It wasn’t really giving any amber or yellow and still had very few clear trichomes. Maybe it stalled out a bit from the cold weather. It smells of citronella, honeysickle and maybe cherry blossom. At the right distance it’s a bit like a carrot.This was a great plant, but a very light feeder. The stretch was pretty high, maybe grew an extra 2.5 to 3x. Vegged this just 44 days and I will hit my average in the better setup that has ~50day veg. i kept a few cuts and will try to hit it with the Red Hot Cookies. I already did the scissor hash. immediate head rush, buzz, then strong head stone.ears are ringing. it feel like my brain got zapped really hard. the smell of the hash smoke is really nice. like weed, but soft and lightly sweet.

f79 Acapulco Gold BC1 Colorado Sativas

4 Likes

Lemon Alien showed up. Thanks Splinter! I’m going to pop one of these.

4 Likes