Stiffed on "Giveaways"...My Experiences so far

Love this place! The OG community has been very good to me and has also helped out my little local group here quite bit. However, I have now been stiffed double digits on giveaways. Do you keep a “stiffed” list? I should mention that @DrGonzo13 in not on the list. He did send, not everything he said he would, but did make an effort.

1. @x {rude, banned member}…won a giveaway and never sent.

2. @x {well known member}…won a giveaway and never received {different country, so always a risk, contacted but never offered to replace}

3. @x {well known member}…won a giveaway and never received {contacted but never offered to replace}

4. @x {well known member}…won a giveaway and never sent, changed the rules seconds AFTER win

5. @x {OG sponsor}…won a giveaway and never sent, changed the rules, seconds AFTER win.

6. @x {well known memeber}…won a giveaway and never sent {said too busy, but spends hours posting}, LOL

7. @x {MIA}. said in the mail tomorrow, never received.

8. @x… made offer, never sent, never replied to my pm.

9. @x… made offer, never sent, never replied to my pm.

Those nine are just “whatevers” to me and it’s going to happen, the internet is full of ~!*#.

1. @x{member on site offen}…this one is also a whatever, but does bother me. I have a friend who is very sick and this person contacted me and offered up a gift to her. Took the time to make offer, post photo and then nothing. Completely ghosted. Who does something like that? {I believe in karma }

I understand it’s frowned upon to call members out, so I will just go to their feedback threads and leave the lowest rating.

Have a nice day!

:peace_symbol:

33 Likes

I’m surprised it’s such a big number.

I can’t think of one thing never having showed up. Very strange.

20 Likes

Well if I ever miss anyone on my word make sure to message me because I follow through. None of us are perfect though so shit can happen.

17 Likes

Brutal. Glad I sent mine and stayed off the list. Haha

13 Likes

This is why I give away or do trades best strain I got in a traded was gmo x c99 tasted like vanilla custard

6 Likes

Pretty sad when someone doesn’t come through. Doesn’t matter if its a trade, or giveaway, or purchase. Should be handled just the same. I feel bad if I take more than a day or two to send something out. Also like to give a heads up when I receive something. I believe most people here are good but double digit stiffs really stinks. I’d be hard eyeballing my mail guy if I’d been stiffed so many times.

9 Likes

ouch. @LedZeppelin sorry to hear about that, the giveaways are the backbone of this community. im surprised how many people stiffed you. my ratio of success to failure is way lower. ive traded roughly ~25 times successfully and only been stiffed 2x. i chose to believe that people generally mean well but scammers def exist

not that i makes up for all your troubles but you should checkout my seed listing. I have two gingersnap crosses ready to ship (2201B / 2201A), just drop me a pm with your details and theyll hit the post the next day (i super dooper promise!)
https://overgrow.com/t/sardinebags-seed-emporium/

15 Likes

Well thats quite a list, I can only assume I am not on it. I normally reship seeds when my giveaway stuff doesn’t make it but seems to me many may not have that ability I mean if they send out their extra stuff in a giveaway and those seeds don’t make it, they may not have more to replace them with. Just something to keep in mind. :v:

18 Likes

You’re good my friend :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s just crazy to think it stands at 10. I have Informed Delivery so I’m sure it’s not my mail person. Plus 3 of 10 flat out said they didn’t send.

You have already sent my little group a package and it was much appreciated, thanks though!

6 Likes

or stickers!

@LedZeppelin I’m actually surprised to hear this. Some of us that give away a bunch also don’t have the greatest memories when shipping a bunch of envelopes daily. Reminders are always nice if something goes missing. It’s also nice to here packs have landed! I had to replace a few packs just in the last week because of error on my part. I have no problem shipping again when I’m let know.

Sorry to hear about the non responses and or getting stiffed on said giveaways.

10 Likes

No, you’re not on the list, but I’m still waiting for the Blue Tera giveaway win. The list is all dead issues, I wouldn’t have anything to do with those members again. The folks who did reply never even offered, even if they had replacemets. It was like “O sorry”

I always send a pm or post with picture.

People can do whatever they want, it’s on them. Changing the rules after the fact is BS and I should of called them out on it right away.

5 Likes

That was back in late June or early July. I am down to my last few packs of those so send me your info again. They must be lost in the mail after all this time.

8 Likes

@LedZeppelin I’m sorry to hear about your experience, I don’t got any seeds to give away atm but let’s talk in a couple of months and I’ll send you a bunch!

This have only happend to me once and I will probably never interact with that person again in that manner. Either people have to be honorable to their word or they are not trust worthy. I don’t like to remind others on stuff they want to give away, I know this might be stupid. But I don’t want to beg for seeds. I also believe in contacting the sender in any way, shape or form when the bird have landed.

Pz :v:t2:

1 Like

I assume everyone is as stoned as me at all times. I still haven’t gone to the PO to get @AzSeaindooin420 stamps. It is a forum about growing plants, not really the swiftest hobby.

I’m sorry you’ve had such poor luck. I think I’ve received every pack of seeds ever sent to me. I’ve only sent a handful out and not heard back from one. Sometimes certain areas post offices are harder than others. I hope your experience are better in the future

4 Likes

Ouch! I hope i’m not on there but I always respond unless stoner moment. :thinking:
When I don’t get stuff arrived I always assume it’s mail fuckery.

But I’ve also never not gotten a trade, only not gotten dibs/gifts/won packs which would have been a bonus to my vault.

7 Likes

Hey I think that’s me at #10! I promised to send some Mephisto stickers and totally spaced it and yeah I probably ghosted you. I think the stickers got buried under some papers and out of sight out of mind. Sorry.

Then you called me out in this post:

And I thought that was a bit harsh. I didn’t stiff anyone. I never received nor even asked you for any seeds in exchange for the stickers. I dropped the ball on sending the stickers and not communicating with you. For that I’m sorry.

I did get a bit salty at your karma comment as my intentions were good just not followed thru by actions. I’m curious as to what kind of karmic retribution you think I deserve for what I failed to do. It seems like you think I deserve some pain and suffering.

Maybe you getting repeatedly stiffed by people on OG is that sweet karma biting you in the ass.

9 Likes

I very deeply hope no part of you thinks that. People can get nasty in their own heads. Even if someone else thinks that of you, those are their feelings to have. Positive self talk is a big chunk of mental health. Just had to say something. I see too many cool humans go to bad places.:v:

7 Likes

I believe if you make a commitment, you should stand by it. I understand that life happens sometimes, but a simple DM explaining the situation can go a long way in terms of your reputation.

With that said, there’s a scene in the movie ‘A Bronx Tale’ that I always think of in situations like this:

Calogero: “He owes me 20 dollars. It’s been two weeks now, and every time he sees me, he keeps dodging me.”

Sonny: “Look at it this way, it costs you 20 dollars to get rid of him. He’s out of your life for 20 dollars. You got off cheap. Forget him.”

21 Likes

It seems like you’re letting your imagination create a villain based on 2 sentences. At the least, they trusted you with an address and you ghosted them, leaving them to think whatever. Now you’re going to out yourself and say they deserve to get stiffed because they called you out for not honoring a commitment you chose to make. What’s the logic in that?

I had a well known member ghost after a giveaway and never mention anything about it and is currently active and well liked.

5 Likes

Not to piss in your Cheerios or such. But, why is this even a thing?
The way I see it is this: I did nothing to “deserve” said gift from another member. Of course this only applies to games, and RNG giveaways, not trades. So…I don’t really expect anything. Though someone that is honest with the community, true to their word, and follows through, is a bonus in itself. It is also important to me to say thank yous and give confirmation of sent and confirmation of landing for both parties. Idk, maybe I just have a weird way of thinking.

I go through life believing that most people are good. And I will always give someone here the benefit of the doubt. Yes, life happens. Purposely deceiving another member is garbage.
This, I think we all can agree on.:slightly_smiling_face:

I’m sensing that you might feel that you were on the disadvantageous end of an unsettled agreement. For that, I am sorry. And for real LZ, hit me up in PM. I’d gladly send you some autos. No cap. :wink:

Damn, this topic has me checking my list to see how far behind I am(which isn’t much). Most of you are waiting for an additional gift to be added to the package and a just a few are waiting patiently as a result of my delinquency, lol.
I HAVEN’T forgotten about y’all!
Hehe, here’s the list:
@CADMAN
@CanuckistanPete
@Pawsfodocaws
@FirstCavApache64
@Illicitmango
@Bobgrows
@pharmerfil

I’m gonna get to packing a few up tonight. :crazy_face:

31 Likes