Strainaholics Anonymous meeting

Hi. I’m allotment, and I’m a strainaholic.

I have been clean for some time now.

That is going to change.

9 Likes

I think I’m strainaholic too

I bought more than 70 pack of seeds, grown only half and I’m always purchasing seeds

Spending hours in internet in seeds shops I know pretty all the strains of each breeder and I’m always buying more

Nice to meet you

6 Likes

Sounds like lots of us here @trytogoodbud :joy: welcome

4 Likes

was that the purple pakistani? how did it turn out?

1 Like

Unfortunately not. I traded those. I meant that I cracked and bought seeds after telling myself I wouldnt buy any more lol

2 Likes

Welcome to the group.
The thing that has helped me tremendously to BUY less seeds, is to TRADE ones i have but may not grow, for ones i really want.

I know my tastes are always changing. I was collecting lots of heavy indicas, now i want happy Sativas to energize my day. Trading w OG members has been great.
Check it out:

In fact, (in a diff. thread) this member did an f2 of Jack Herer and has lots of other good stuff:

4 Likes

I resisted buying seeds for a record (for me) of 18 months of no new seeds. Then that GLG Bodhi BOGO hit last year.
I had to pay taxes so only had $90 to spend but i got 4 Bodhi packs. Woo hoo.

6 Likes

Welcome all fellow strainaholic!

2 Likes

Like having AA meetings inside a Bar lol.

4 Likes

In a bar and I’m bartending :joy:!

1 Like

Allotment, it is not unusual to fall off the wagon here and there when a new must have strain comes along!

Here’s an old picture of some of the collection. When I share a pack with someone I normally send them the breeder pack, have many many things made by friends that are often better than the commercial ones, and I’ve had a couple more years of collecting so maybe this is a quarter of the total “problem” :grinning:

20 Likes

Nice collection!

3 Likes

That list was just stuff I’ve already grown out, when I pick my seeds out for a grow I’ll germinate from the lot of whatever strain, take those strain containers and put them in a bag called “current grow”,if any didn’t make it or ended up only finding a male I throw back in to this pool of strains. If it made it to flower and got finished buds then it gets moved to an “already flowered” bag. Well after watching my already flowered bag growing substantially for 2 years I decided I prob won’t grow em again as I’ll keep moving forward dipping my toes In the pool so logical thing to do was rotate the old goodies out and rotate the new stuff in.

Sad part is most my grows I just start randomly picking about 20 flips out the bag blindfolded and that’s the grow aside from the other 10 I may have already had in mind

14 Likes

Damn nice collection I can tell you must dig @JAWS gear he’s on my radar gotta pick up a few packs of his sometime nice stuff :call_me_hand: @Comacus

4 Likes

I noticed the jaws collection also!

3 Likes

I should do this.
For many years i grew 1 FEM plant ea. of 15-24 strains at a time. For variety.
Now i usually do 6-12 REG plants of 1-2 strains a year, vegging for several months. But i may start doing 12/12 from seed so i can sample much more variety again in a year.

4 Likes

Have to speed up the seed popping myself :joy:

2 Likes

Jaws makes some really nice stuff! Friends for a long time so he probably has a very large Comacus collection too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Give it time :joy: you’ll have your own collection

5 Likes

I’m gonna order some jaws seeds once I find where the wife hides my spending money.
Till then I’ll have to be a spectacular.

5 Likes