Strainaholics Anonymous meeting

Hello, I’m new here… I’m not a Strainaholic… but I’m a clipping HOARDER. That’s similar, right?

Every time I trim or top a plant, I can’t stand the idea of throwing it away! I look at them and see future plants, not trash! So I stick them down in the dirt put a little water on them and keep an eye on them for a few days. I figure if they live, then they get to stay alive and if they die, then I guess they weren’t meant to be future plants… The only thing is, most of them don’t die! So now I have a lot of plants, and I’m running out of room! Soon the clippings will be real clones, and they will grow up and need to be trimmed too!! Then what am I gonna do? I just put the last trimmings in the fridge to buy me some time between crops, but I’m gonna be over-run soon!

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone in Missouri want some clippings ?? LoL.

Recently clipped that are now clones:

The Nursery:

19 Likes

I never imagined folks could collect so many seeds. Mindblowing

That said, does anyone have a good rundown of the seed market?

I’m interested in buying some, though I don’t know the best sources

2 Likes

I read the title…I think I belong here lol

3 Likes

@Thats_bank i believe you might be right! Welcome😀. Fair warning high relapse rates here!!!

@setgoals tell us what you like! Are you into indica or sativa, fuel or sweet fruity!

4 Likes

Hey @Emeraldgreen thanks for asking.

I’m looking to start a breeding project with my favorite strains (that can be found, that is):

1. Amnesia Haze
  2. Durban
  3. Chocolate Thai
  4. Tangie
  5. Gelato
  6. Querkle

I’m pretty much a weed nerd, and have spent a lot of time (and money haha) trying strains and figuring out what I like in sativas, indicas and in general — namely, activation, perception, and relaxation. Made a spreadsheet to try to track strain lineage vs effects.

So far I have Hazeman for the Durb & Thai, 2Guns&AGuy for the Querkle (proven), but as for the others I’m not certain they are legit. Any thoughts?

3 Likes

We have a haze section, landrace sativa section and a seed trading section. You might find some of your preferred stuff there or at least some direction for seed banks.
Are you in the states?

1 Like

Definitely ran through that Haze thread. I had no idea people were so dedicated to it, it’s pretty cool to see what others are aiming for.

Haven’t checked the Landrace Sativa thread, didn’t see it. I am a bit curious about some lines, in particular Colombian Gold, Laotian, and Cambodian. Just noticing that crosses with these landraces have some desirable effects and are mostly not big in the overall gene pool.

Did check out the seed trading section, though I might have to use the Find function to search strains on there, there are so many strains. I thought I knew…haha

And I am in the States, yes. Northern California actually. Cool herb culture up here

1 Like

In the trading section just ask for what your looking for? Same in the landrace. Hang out and interact and the amazing og universe will astonish you

2 Likes

Those are some nice strains.

1 Like

Check out Great Lakes Genetics and Soaknbeans.com.

2 Likes

Aloha everyone I’m Ron an a strainaholic. I’m blowing all my money on seeds. I also started f2 ing almost all packs that I grow. Idk if I’m saveable but I feel better I let this out

18 Likes

The only way over this condition is through. Onward through the fog as a legend once said.

10 Likes

Yeah… probably not… :rofl: :vulcan_salute:

…but you will have the opportunity of saving some money when you start getting the spring and fall seed shipments…

Cheers
G

11 Likes

It started out buying off Strainly . Trying other growers creations. I was content and happy just making and growing my creations. Then got gifted a Runtz clone and thought to myself this thing doesn’t yield but it’s fire as hell. When I asked my friend where did he get it. He gave me a fancy Mylar bag. Gg4 x animal cookies.
It was fire as hell. I started buying 100$ packs and felt soo guilty. But as I grew them I realized the difference from cheap beans to a little more expensive beans. Don’t get me wrong I still found fire in the cheapies. Then I bought some 420 sales with all the freebies. Now I’m a hoarder and can’t stop browsing the internet all day. The worst is those auctions. Don’t even bring up Bodhi and his million f1s omg. Oh wait. Breeders that retired or passed but there packs are still around but marked up… I don’t even care much for haze but all of a sudden I’m a haze collector

10 Likes

this time around (seed collection version 3) i only let myself buy packs that i considered breeding stock - besides the few that i got this spring and used for outdoor.
i still browse but the temptation to buy fancy stuff has faded away, and that stuff is way over saturated so there isnt much for me to think about buying. tent is only 6’ tall and i cant grow anything past mid october outside so haze is out of the question anyway.
this is probably only made possible by having access to elite clones though.

7 Likes

You got the fever bad man​:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

I don’t think a price makes a difference more than hype, Ive had better gear from members on this site for free or in trade than most stuff I’ve got from seedbanks. It’s a labor of love and ur gonna find more craft gardens here that do it for their fav plants and letting others enjoy that fire too. I’ll take that over a seed bank pollen chucking for profit anyday

Wanna never have to pay for seeds again? Then find your favorite plants in what u have, repro them and u got all the trading power u need to make others happy and have some cool gear land in your lap. We always love to share genetics round these parts and the more the community can get flooded with the more access were all gonna have to bomb genetics without the high prices

13 Likes

I have had a problem getting seeds.Now I’m a seed freak. I try and get deals. The thing about it you can only grow so much. I wish I hadn’t spent so much on seeds. I’m looking for something I don’t believe is around anymore. I see some plants starting off as it. Just a memory. Probably a lost strain. Man at the seeds I had at one time. All bag seeds. They were fun.

5 Likes

I will say a prayer for the lot of you!! :wink:

3 Likes

You lying son of a bitch that was like 50 packs ago!

12 Likes