Sun Grown Bud Is Better

My first indoor grow sucked until I fixed the nutrition. We all know why most indoor weed sucks.

1 Like

Why is that?

4 Likes

I’ve been growing for 20+ years and I’ve still no clue why. Please enlighten me. :thinking:

3 Likes

The secret ingredient has and always will be: “love”…c’mon, now it’s all about the love, man.

5 Likes

My wife alway says the same thing to me. The reason my smoke is so much better, is because I love it.
I used to try every idea that I see on these forums on how to make my bud more tasty, bigger, stronger.
Better lights…. That’s not it. Nor is better nutes, better pots, better soil. So the biggest let down was trying “better” genetics. Price, hype, trichs, looks, good or aroma, could not change the fact that “bs” or as you guys call it now, “mids” is still just that.
Nothing burns me up like a beautiful smelling plant, that’s filled trichs, but taste like horse shit. I really got to see the real, when I grew multiple strains under the same conditions. No matter how beautiful of a plant that it produced, the high was still mids, it still barely had any smell, and tasted like horse shit. At best they would taste like cigarettes. For me, a none smoker, a bud that tastes like smoking a cigarette isn’t going to cut it.
Once smoking, smooth kushy, Afghani tasting bud, it’s hard to smoke anything else. To each his her own about their smoking preferences. This just me.
And I don’t care what a pack says. Numbers don’t mean anything. I roll it up and take a couple of hits.
Either it is, or it ain’t.
If it ain’t, I either toss it or given away to those I know who smoke even worse because it’s good to them.

4 Likes

The sun pulls a different nute ratio than artificial lighting. Every single Led grow I’ve seen is severely deficient in Boron. Been waiting 10 years for someone to be honest about "hash tips. Today everyone has pale leaf tips and thinks it’s nute burn when they go necrotic. All the same issue.

These forums are full of misdiagnosis of calmag or Nitrogen tox, deformities, mutations, bugs, ph rh etc but it’s all boron symptoms. Almost everyone’s problem, seriously. Hash tips, blistering, holes, bent midribs, clawed tips, white tips, purple tops, variation, duckfoot, self topping. It’s all -B.

Instead of fixing the Boron, indoor growers raise ALL nutes. P and K should not be raised indoor, they are not dependent on transpiration. Calcium and Boron are the most affected by poor transpiration. Calcium has been fashionable for a while now. Boron hasn’t. It’s obvious. I’m contemplating selling a few cents of Boron Glycine Stearate in a jug of water for $80 a gallon. But I might just start posting application rates. Literally every indoor “pro” and “breeder” I’ve looked at on Instagram has a blatant Boron deficit staring them in the face.

8 Likes

Are we talking corn or weed?

2 Likes

Im in canada and we have a strain called tuxeada time warp its a outdoor strain and the stone is like no other I wanna say it puts you in a time warp ive done this genetic indoors and outdoors and indoors does not get the true high from it. Im a firm believer of sun grown strains the buzz and the feel is like no other very clean and enjoyable thats my 2 cents mother nature has its perks

4 Likes

That sounds awesome!

And yeah - i totally agree. The biggest difference in in vs outdoor is the high for me. Certainly had plenty of tasty and beautiful indoor bud but, outdoors is where the more multifaceted effects come from imo

1 Like

Yepp until you’ve done it you really dont know

1 Like

The word I was looking for was euphoric lol had to get the wife to spell it not a good speller lol

2 Likes

Finally someone said it. I promise I’m one of those guys. What’s gets me is that no one mentions it. Guys are quick to criticize a plant, but I’ll just throw some random deficiency at them and they swallow it hook, line and sinker.
I had one guy tell me, I’m beginning to think that it’s not genetics. He was being derogatory of course. I told him the plant was too close to the light. He ran with it. I’m thinking stupid, can’t you see that plant is over feed. So I never listens to anyone, I know that they barely know any more than I do. Especially when I see a nitro toxic plant.

3 Likes

My mom put a box of borax in every garden I tilled for her.
We use it at farm for pest control spray. Now I know why.

2 Likes

If you think outdoor is better than indoor you either don’t know how to grow or have never smoked good indoor.

6 Likes

I’d posit you’ve never smoked good outdoor :wink:

2 Likes

Is weed grown in outdoor air, under a plastic roof with windscreen sides:
Outdoor or indoor?
Cause this shits way better than anything grown indoors that I have seen, only sixty and growing in two states for 40 years, so just curious.

4 Likes

Why can’t you even give outdoor away now if it’s better? Nobody wants it. Nothing subjective about it.

It’s common knowledge that indoor dro grown in a sealed and controlled environment produces the highest quality bud. That’s why people are willing to pay top dollar for it.

1 Like

It is gone in sixty seconds. Don’t know if your talking street or dispensaries though.

2 Likes

Marketing/Hype vs Actual Intrinsic Quality are two very different things. Until bud became a visual commodity first and a smoking commodity second in the mid 90’s with the rise of high times outdoor was more expensive in CA. No one wanted indoor. And, in most circles of heads in the know everyone still wants/prefers well grown outdoor.

4 Likes

And api312, Now green is good, when we only had Red, Gold or dirt.
We wanted chlorophyll gone, they want it bright green. Sad
Rosin, Diamonds, Hash, etc… all great, but cured flower is the higher power. Shhh they don’t want to hear about it.

4 Likes