Sun Valley Garden of Grew Some Things

IFriend of mine and I were chatting the other day about how if we move to a bigger farm and get lisenced we should start up a volunteer based camp for people’s across the pond to come and stay for a few weeks and work around the farm … free accommodation and 3 meals a day for a few hours work in the morning and eve sounds like a deal haha … would beat the snow

15 Likes

Always me who has no faith or trust in humans… They will rob you blind

No good deed goes unpunished

6 Likes

Yeah I’d have no faith in doing with local enthusiasts hahahaha I don’t think many places get more crooked and corrupt as here and in generally not a trusting person… but figured if someone’s willing to pay to fly over the sea to get here for cannadventure they prolly alright peoples … but yeah was just a highdea lol.

12 Likes

Man how time flys I got behind about 9 days on your thread glad it popped up on my radar beautiful plants man! I always enjoy looking at your ladies!

3 Likes

There are a lot of people that do that here. Not necessarily for cannabis but organic farming and self sufficient living. I have friends in the mountains that have people out every summer to stay up in the mountains and help out for room and food.

I think there is a network of people that travel around and do that… they call them Woofers(?) I’ll have to ask.

Crap. Id love to do that if I could spring for a ticket one year. I think it’s a great idea and I bet you would always have help. I might be able to hook you up with this one girl I know that does it every summer. She has 40 acres and does summer weekly camps for city kids to come out and see what it’s like to live naturally. And, they have woofers that come to work for her every year. peace

7 Likes

Cheers mate appreciate you popping in … Time does fly and feels like it’s flying faster… can’t believe it’s already end of the year

7 Likes

Yeah bro heard of a couple people that do that kinda thing … never know what the future holds

5 Likes

I think the maritour is a great idea. My cousin is touring Europe doing a labor trade at many stops. Your everyday might be boring to ya at times but I see lots of attraction in being on a farm and why not market the hell out of it.

6 Likes

So every 2nd Sunday of the month is a green market… a place for people to sell and trade their product… Sure there are loopholes in the laws which makes it ok… I was still a bit weary… I said fuck it decided to bite the bullet and paid for a stall… been a really good day so far with most of my flower sold as well as the Pre rolled spliffs … feels weird but liberating at the same time… selling a few packs of seeds I made too
This is my little stall

My seed packs

Other stalls

28 Likes

That would be super cool to sell in a weed farmers market.

11 Likes

Yeah bro it’s actually pretty cool this market and that it’s allowed to work … for now… lol… Some cool stuff to see and nice to get to check what other genetics people are running. Let’s hope it gets to stay operating without any probs… as long as you not SELLING weed id think it’s ok … as our law states, it’s illegal to sell cannabis with thc in it… BUT… not illegal to carry it, smoke it or grow it Privately or … give it away … so you can sell a sticker and get a complementary gram of bud given to you for e.g… so yeah there’s ways around shit …

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure the whole sell a sticker and get some free bud is a no, no but hey if it’s working for now why not? Lots of people are selling various products now anyways. Gov needs to hurry up and make some proper laws.

6 Likes

There was a talk at the expo by the law firm that fought the case for decriminalization… they said that’s one way of going about it. Heard it the radio too … same goes for clubs … long as you’re not selling weed you’re not breaking the law.

6 Likes

That’s good to hear. The “old” laws had clauses in for this type of thing but if that law firm said it’s good, that’s pretty awesome. Might need to start a weed club…

7 Likes

So they say…
A club is the way to go I reckon … there are a few running up here that do the occasional event… worst thing I’ve been to is sannabis… total waste of time and money

6 Likes

Which country are you in? I was thinking you were in South Africa. Very cool to be able to do do the markets. We’ve thought about trying to get something like that available here at our summer farmer’s market every week. They would double the number of people coming to the market I bet.

5 Likes

In South Africa bredren

5 Likes

Ok, so, your laws aren’t so bad, huh? I didn’t know that. Is growing allowed? Must be if it’s okay to possess it. It would be really cool to have a market to trade weed stuff with other growers. We have so many around here that it would be good for everybody.

I need to check with a few people here regarding our local laws. We used to have “Industry Nights” once a month and it was $10 at the door and free dabs, doobs, edibles, and drinks, all put on by industry vendors. It was well worth the $10.

Some greedy people tried to muscle in and do their own and made too much noise and they shut it down for anyone. But, a weed swap meet would be very cool. I bet we could organize that around here. peace

8 Likes

Yeah the laws have eased up a lot over here the passed couple of years … would have never thought … no complaints at the mo…

You guys should really try get a little swap meet together… would be really cool for you all im sure

11 Likes

That sounds like more fun than work! Good for you! Hope you came up too after booth expense! We have Cannabis conventions here, but I’ve never gone to one. Not sure if they trade actual flowers and seeds or if it’s just technology and smoking apparatuses. Maybe I’ll check one out next time for sheer curiosity.

6 Likes