Supplementing Coco Loco w/ Fine Dolomite Lime?

When using Fox Farms Coco Loco is there any advantage/disadvantage to adding find dolomite lime? Anyone?

2 Likes

I use it with loose buffered coco coir 1TBS per gallon of medium. It allows me to use less cal-mag. I make my own version of coco loco and adding it doesn’t hurt it. Maybe try 1/2 TBS per gallons of medium scratch it in the top 3 inches and check it out. I don’t think it’s going to hurt in my experience It does help with leaf tip burn and blossom end rot

again, I make my own version, but coco loco is probably best left alone :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

If used in excess it can raise your pH … :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yep ^^^^^^^^^ :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Rather than mixing lime into the medium I would saturate the medium before planting to charge the coco. Then you’ll constantly replace this as you water which will lessen the chance for ph swings/lockout. Personally I prefer to just use coco bricks that are ph cal mag buffered like cyco

1 Like

I use peat/perlite with d. lime, same rate as you, a little coarse sand and little worm castings. Ph has been hanging until the very end on 8-9 week strains.

2 Likes

Ya I have to usually add another 1/3 of a cup around 2-3 weeks bloom in my 30-gallon infinity pots. I just top dress it and keep pounding thru bloom :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

My 4x4 pots are 2s and 3s. Not a long veg, so I’m ok. Longer veg or a lot of sativa wouldn’t do so well.

2 Likes

Gypsum would probably be a better option because of pH. Royal tupur gold amends basalt in their mix.

5 Likes

Yes I get ya, I only add that extra 1/3 top dress in Aug outdoors

1 Like

So 30 gallon coco, not soil? I did some side by sides with my normal recycled soil, and peat/Perlite in 15s, and some 10s. Had other issues, put the p&p roots were impressive. Took more water too.
For me, I think the 10s wiuld be best. Big plants in the 30s?

1 Like

Ya I use 30-Gallon fabric pot right on top of my garden plot and I use them for 2 years before I replace them. Filled with equal amounts of Loose buffered coco coir- Peat Forest mix Organic- Perlite. The bottoms rot out quickly and roots enter my garden plot which is soil. @Gizmo coined the phase 30-gallon infinity pots because of the roots entering the ground soil.

I’ve been using this for years as a PH buffer and Cal Mag supplement I use one cup in each pot and another 1/3 of a cup in Aug. I still use molasses and a bottled Cal Mag supplement.

3 Likes

Nice plants.

2 Likes

Thank you @crownpoodle :sunglasses: :peace_symbol: only one left to harvest Indiana Bubblegum

ColeLennon’s Outdoor 10x10 “Gauntlet of Med Clones” - Overgrow.com

2 Likes