ColeLennon's Outdoor 10x10 "Gauntlet of Med Clones"

So this is my second outdoor grow. My second grow in many years. I started indoor in 2005 living in FL I bought a home in 2006 in Lakeland, Fl C-3 cabinet in my M.B closet, 400 watt dual coil ballast. Graduated to 600 watt digi cooltube and a very small tent. 2008
So last year was first grow since 2008 and also first outdoor grow. I have figured out that growing is not like riding a bike lol. My dad had a full veggie garden in this 10x10 space every year for over 30 years. The four corner pots are from last year. Basically 30 gallon raised pots. Botttoms rot out quick. I removed 4 inches of the pots and threw in out in the yard and reconditioned the pots with loose premium coco coir and perlite pots consist of 1/3 peat moss/forest blend soil mixture, 1/3 coco cooir and 1/3 perlite each got 1 cup of dolomite powder. My two new pots have a 1/3 of Organic Peat moss, forest blend mix/1/3 of coco coir and 1/3 of perlite, same on dolomite. I prepped pots by flushing several times and the day before I planted they got 2.5 gallons each of 1 teaspoon per gal cal mag, 1/2 teasp per kelp me kelp you, 2 tbs of Big Bloom per gallon

This is a mobility garden. I have been a walking partial paraplegic since 1994. I used a wooden dining room chair last year. It was covered with black mold so ditched it for an old shower chair. Weatherized. lol
We got 3 strains 2 clones of each. The front corners lined up with chair. Blackberry Fire from a local nursery pheno hunted Purple Caper Seeds already showing black on the leaves.

New middle pots have Blueberry Muffin same nursery humbolt seeds pheno hunted.

Back two are from a different nursery and they are Indiana Bubblegum pheno hunted

Here is my nute lineup My goal this year is to use more organic less synthetic. I will be using Open Seseme and Bembe also. Top selectively keeping them off each other. I bought these 2.5 gallon bottles that have 1/2 gallon markings and my 10 foot hose pumps exactly 1 gallon every 10 seconds.I got 6 of the thick gauge 4 foot tapered cages. I use black zip ties to secure to the cage about 3-4 weeks bloom. Staggered harvests. Blueberry muffin first, week or more later Blackberry Fire and followed by the Indiana bubblegum Somewhere around Oct 10th. Gonna be lots of pretty colors. Open air` 360 degree light and the temps drop so all will be black and blue. I will do my best to update this grow. Hope you enjoy my “Gauntlet of Med Clones” Peace.

P.S first time foliar feeding with anything other than neem oil. This Foop mist is the sh*t I don’t think its worth almost 1.00 an ounce. I just figured out the kelp me kelp you same stuff and 1 teaspoon makes a quart :slight_smile: :slight_smile: My ADHD appreciates the edit button…

63 Likes

Looks good.

Sooo…what’s in the greenhouse?

8 Likes

full of sh*t lol. it’s so small I can’t even move in it. I’m a big guy

10 Likes

Well count me in…
Love me some outdoor!

Blackberry Fire, Blueberry Muffin and Indiana Bubblegum sound yummy! :yum:

Can’t wait to see what comes of these beauties… :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

So a couple things. I only had about 3 years of indoor growing 14 years ago. I consider myself a novice grower. Last years first outdoor grow taught me a lot I got hit with several curve balls. I fed my clones yesterday 5 days after my transplant and feed. I use this foxfarm tutorial on youtube. This guy explains it very easily. So if your new and want an easy to follow explanation of proper feeding and flushing and additives the video 1 goes over indoor explanations and video 2 explains it in outdoor. I have been following this feeding specs all except I don’t give them 3 teaspoons of grow I do 1 1/2 teasp per gal. additives I use are cal mag, kelp me kelp you, bushdoctor microbe Now this sh*t I fed this morning after yesterdays feed. I watered with 1 gallon of tap each and 1 teaspoon of microbe in 3 gallons and each plant got a half gallon. we all know those times we hit just right. I left for 2 hours and came back and every branch was lifting to the sky looked like they grew an inch in 2 hours. Bushdoctor Microbe :heart_eyes: We are gonna get pounded by rain next two days and colder temps. Take a look at my pre- reconnaissance to protect them from pounding acid rain. Peace.

18 Likes

So tomorrow and Sunday its gonna rain like “All Hell” I tied 30 gallon Hefty bags over my cages. Tomorrow is 47/61 temp and 90-100% rain for like 12 hours straight by 1pm the wind is 14 MPH with 20 MPH gusts for like 4 hours. May f**kin 28th!!! I will not lose a second batch of plants. April 17th that was my fault K.I.S.S I didn’t follow. Not this time Miss Climate Change. At the Ready!!!

20 Likes

6 hours into our 12hr ground and pound 14-20 MPH winds and rain my clones are holding their own thanks to Hefty glad bag and duct tape 'Salute" this tree was blown over a few miles from my place couple hours ago :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

thumbnail_20220528_191033

28 Likes

when it’s sunny out there, it’s goddamn gorgeous! i would love to be a plant in that weather. but when it gets stormy, it looks like it gets gnarly! i appreciate you showing us how you’ve prepped your plants for the harsh weather. best of luck, i can’t wait to see what absolute beauties your babies will grow into.

8 Likes

My clones weathered the storm well. I did foliar feed with FOOP mist yesterday before the storm.

bottom up, blackberry fire, blueberry muffin, indiana bubblegum. Check out the black coming in on my blackberry fire. Peace. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Thank you @highminwin we get great weather until it’s not. We got a saying in the Willamette Valley, if you don’t like the weather wait 15 minutes. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well last night was the start of another “the third” 3 day ground and pound since last week of May 3-days heavy acid rain and high winds. Got a break this morning to take these shots. The trash bags had 3 inch puddles of rain I had to dump when pulling them off the pots. This is the third time I had to cover them in 3 weeks and we have only had 1 day of half a day of sunshine in June so far. I have been foliar feeding them and feeding them good right before storms. Slowly upping their nutes. The Blackberry fires like controlled feeding and extra Mag. The Blueberry muffins like extra Nitrogen. The Indiana Bubblegums like extra everything. They are holding their own a little camera shy do to being weatherized for the last three weeks and no sun.

One of the Blueberry Muffin humbolt seed clones. Waves her middle finger at Mother Nature. Outstanding strain for PNW outdoor weather. Look at this beautiful grl.

27 Likes

That’s the opposite kind of bad weather I deal with…we haven’t had rain in months.

Looking good! I like your clever rain helmets

8 Likes

Thanks man I’m outta likes catch ya on the flip flop

5 Likes

nice growing cole, way to hang in there with that weather. looks like your plants are learning about the hard life while you’re doing your best to give them a better future. i know they’ll be fighters though, just like you. i saw that biceps thread, lol!

5 Likes

Thanks Brother. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Peace.

4 Likes

So last night did this to my Peony’s. Tuesday I’m going to clear them out. They will never recover. Two days into a four-day ground and pound. These kitchen bags are holding up. Twice a day I go out and dump 3-inch puddles off the top of them. Two more days of this and maybe we will get some growth going. Foliar feeding with 2 teaspoons of Kelp me Kelp you per gallon. Fed them well on Thursday with grow, big bloom, bush doctor microbe, and kelp me kelp you. Tuesday after this storm I will feed again and foliar feed to replace what’s washed away from pounding acid rain and wind. Thank God for Hefty tall kitchen bags and duct tape. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Them pots are huge. I guess your planning on growing trees :rofl:

3 Likes

Hopefully their basically 30 gallon feeding tubes to the garden plot below. “Bottoms rot out”

8 Likes

I just went out to dump the water off the top of my cages. My clones just started expanding width they must like the humidity and root mass caught up. All I need now is no rain and some sun. This weather we are having now is what we call “Oregon Sunshine”. Peace.

6 Likes

From your left Blackberry fire east to west, In the middle Blueberry muffin, right Indiana Bubblegum

Now we are cooking with grease. They liked the humidity from the storm and my roots mass has started catching up with my 30 gallon feeding tubes to the garden plot below. Using Fox farm line- Organic and Synthetic. Dailing in my nutes. At this moment I am doing a feed, feed, water routine every three days. They each get 3/4-gallon nutes - No water this week.

Blackberry Fire 2 teas per Grow, 2TBS per Big Bloom, 1/2 teas per Cal Mag “Blackberry fire wants more Mag” 1/4 teas per Bushdoctor Kelp Me Kelp You, 1/2 teas per Bushdoctor Microbe

Blueberry Muffin 3 1/2 teas per Grow “muffin like more nitro” no mag, 2TBS per Big Bloom, 1/4 teas per Kelp Me Kelp You, 1/2 teas per Microbe

Indiana Bubblegum 3 teas per Grow, 3 TBS per Big Bloom, no mag, 1/2 teas per Kelp Me Kelp You, 1/2 teas per Microbe

Foliar feeding every other day. Used the quart of Foop Mist. Good stuff, not worth 29.99 a quart. 2 teas per gallon of Kelp Me Kelp You works even better my 360* spray bottle I get to drench them good all up underneath.

I also started adding 1TBS per of Bembe every fifth feeding. It’s more for after bloom starts “sweetener” but the combination with the dialed in molasses in this brew. My plants love it so I’m going to keep doing it while the weather stays cool. I’m not watering much at all been rain and cold so far this season.

Thanks for looking, Peace

24 Likes