Tents full of happiness and love ft. Bodhi and friends

MWCB 1 Day 70… gettin’ the chop… well soon anyways. Smelled a bunch when I got her out of the tent (was a feat doing it with the cage still on the plant!)… fruity cherry with metallic undertones.

Bonus shots of the PTM and Sunny D:

PTM - weird that she has bigger buds lower down the stalk than the ones at the top. Not sure if she just doesn’t like the intensity of light or if it’s just a genetic thing?

Sunshine Daydream - loving all the space and really liking the Timber, big ol’ nugs compared to the Mars Hydro.

34 Likes

Here’s some eye candy for those tagging along…

Black Lime Reserve F4 - day 45ish

Maui Wowie Cherry Bomb Day 78

Polynesian Thin Mint - fade to black

Sunshine Daydream

Pura Vida F2

Black Triangle

41 Likes

Looking exquisite in that tent! The cherry bomb has gorgeous colors. Nice job.

4 Likes

very tasty looking indeed

3 Likes

How long do you expect the MWCB to finish?

4 Likes

wow :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That Pura Vida F2 looks amazing! Great job all around. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I hope my pura vida and SSDD end up looking that good. :raised_hands::green_heart::seedling:

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I wish I could share all these buds with you guys and gals!

11 Likes

Probably 80 days? this one just keeps on going…

8 Likes

Things are winding down in the tents… I’m going to go on a growing hiatus for awhile. It will be nice to take a little break to be honest, after hand watering coco, twice a day for the past 6 months or year. I’ve been listening to a bunch of podcast on organics, and re-reading Teaming with Microbes and Nutrients… trying to decide how best to approach starting up again organically. Ideally, I’d like to still do a side-by-side with salts and a clone and compare results, though.

I allowed myself to buy one frivolous thing with my stimulus check… picked up a pack of csi humboldt’s TK5150 S1 x TK. I’m curious enough about the TK from the Black Triangle to explore more… curiosity always gets the best of me… not like I don’t have a bunch of seeds I want to pop already :roll_eyes:

Anyways… the BLSR plumped up… almost too much. I really don’t prefer the massive colas the size of soda cans. I find the light doesn’t penetrate enough, the trichs inside are not as dense in coverage… plus the massive colas are hotspots for mold if the airflow isn’t good enough. I’ll probably just start topping everything from now on. I’d rather have a bunch of more compact little buds than one massive one I have to break apart. Black Lime is getting some funk behind all the lime. I don’t get any of the black pepper, but a little bit of oil rags smell coming from them… looking like they still have a while for an indica dominant strain? Brought the lights up high and lowered their feed levels, trying to get them to finish up.

Trying to take the PTM and SSDD as long as possible for maximum chill-out effect :sleeping:

29 Likes

Have you considered shortening lights on? Like maybe to 11/13? I always do 11:45/12:15 for the first month, then 11.5/12.5 for three weeks, 11:15/12:45 for two weeks, then 11/13 until they’re done. Except this time I didn’t do that and my plants are taking forever to finish haha.

Either way, plants look good.

6 Likes

Yeah, I actually forgot to mention that in my post. I had a power failure and this tent is on analog timer, so when the light schedule got offset, I left the lights off for 24 hours and reset to 11on/13off schedule, maybe about 2.5 weeks ago. I typically do not run that schedule, but have heard it can help finish up and influence phenotype expression. Hopefully it speed things up… maybe I’m just being impatient, which is likely :slightly_smiling_face:

Black Triangle…

Pura Vida F2… smelling super sweet and even more delicious this time.

31 Likes

Yeah, I remember reading that in that Grantland article about DJ Short. I dunno if that’s true. Or rather, in my experience, I don’t know if starting at 11/13 influences phenotype expression. I’ve had the current grow on 11:45/12:15 until like three weeks ago, when I remembered,”Shit! Start decreasing lights on!” and those Uplifts all seem to have expressed their true phenotype, regardless of the amount of light they’ve been getting. They’re all over the place.

Or somethin’…

Either way, plants look good. Love the way that Black Triangle looks. Got me stoked to pop those beans in a couple weeks.

6 Likes

No doubt. That by looks super frosty and really nice. Great job @iamyou_youareme

4 Likes

They look ready to me!

5 Likes

Brilliant results!

amazing work :sunglasses: :+1:

flawless v

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Yeah me either. It would be really fun to have a light controller that could simulate sunrise/set and vary the amount of lighting gradually through-out the life cycle to see if you could notice any differences from running just straight 12/12.

Thanks for the kind words guys. The BT kind of snuck past me at first and I didn’t think it was that impressive, right off the plant. But man, after a few weeks in the jars, the smells get really complex and the taste outta of the volcano is just outta this world. Plus I like the heavy stone that comes with it.

Hope you find something interesting in your pack! I’ve got my F2’s to run through, plus some F2’s that nube sent me, I’m planning on making F3’s at some point with those.

Yeah, the Black Triangle and the Pura Vida are close, maybe another week or two. To me the Black Lime Reserve’s look like they got a few weeks… I like to at least start to see some of the pistils recede and turn brownish. Then I’ll scope the trichs just to make sure we’re close.

10 Likes

That’s kind of what I’m trying to do with the 11:45/11.5/11:15/11 decreasing light schedule thing. I dunno if it makes a difference, but I feel like mimicking nature as closely as I can never hurts. I have no idea how I forgot to do that this run. Clearly, there’s something wrong with me… haha!

Just judging from nube’s report of the BT on the Bodhi thread, I didn’t think the high would be that heavy. Yours is super-heavy? I mean, I don’t mind either way; the BT is my “Indica” for this upcoming run, so I’m actually looking for something on the lazier side with those seeds. If my Black Triangles turn out that way, I won’t be mad.

6 Likes

Looking great in there. What day are they all on? I was curious how far along so I could gauge the development. Specifically, @Torontoke has a PV F2 (the first one he flowered) that’s looking very similar but a week or two behind yours at day 46F or something. These are his pics that I’m posting cuz he’s shy:

He says it smells like strawberry jam?!? lol Looks like it wanted more food, but that’s how it goes when you’re first starting out with somebody else’s water-only organic soil recipe. :wink:

When you get around to organic soil grows, I’d seriously recommend two things:

1. Use a very simple recipe, don’t get ultra complex with a bunch of addons or compost teas or any of that hand-waving mumbo jumbo. Use a coots mix with high quality amendments and you won’t need or want for much else. One of the big benefits (imho) of going organic is reducing the workload, so K.I.S.S.

2. If you want an honest side-by-side with salts, run SIPs for your organics. Earthboxes put out ridiculous growth. If those seem too small for you, make some SIPs yourself. They rival the best salts growth rates and productivity with all the added benefits of going organic, and they take the mystery and nuance of organic soil watering out of the equation so you have to do a lot less work. The only reason I don’t use them now is because I can’t fit them into my space very well.

Also, check out the BuildASoil channel on Youtube. They’re documenting start to finish organic grows under LED using Earthbox SIPs, notill 3x3 bed, and 10gal pots. It’s a good way to see the pros and cons of each, and Jeremy is super informative. Though it’s obviously an ad campaign for their company and all the extra addon amendments they sell, he also gives you the info on how to DIY a lot of that stuff. I watch on 1.75x speed, which really helps power thru them.

I’d call it a headie broadleaf, recognizing that my endocannabinoid system is significantly different from most people’s. I think it’s likely that if you’re looking for a muscle relaxer smoke, you’ll find it in a pack of BT. Or try to pickup that super cut of BT that’s going around in CA these days. Doc D’s cut or something?

16 Likes