The Automation Station [Everything Sonoff and Automation Related]

I sense him lurking in the distance.

4 Likes

My turn! I followed suit with the Sonoff as well.

Everything comes into the Sonoff-POW from the extension cord, this way I can monitor all the power usage.

That splits off to the two 4ch (one for each side) and the Sonoff for the exhaust fan. The Sonoff for the exhaust fan has a speed controller on it. It is connected to the fan along with both TH16. This way if either chamber is too hot, the TH16 will kick in the fan at full power. Otherwise, the fan will run at the speed set by the controller, currently all the way down. Each 4ch has a channel for the plugs inside the chamber, a channel for the TH16, a channel for the veg driver, and a channel for the flower driver.

I also have the Zmodo wifi camera. Let’s me see my plants anywhere.

Then I will up the anti with a Bluefish LED controller. It allows me to adjust the drivers from my phone. I can also program in sunrise, sunset, and evening. I could even use it to simulate weather and photoperiod of a specific location. Pretty cool piece of tech.

8 Likes

Can I have a go?? Not as automated as the rest of you all but at the minute I’m running a sonoff pow to keep an eye on the lights power usage and also used as a timer.

A TH16 gifted to me from @anon58740919 controlling a thermo tube for lights out and also so I can keep an eye on humidity and temperature.

Soon I’ll add the 4 channel pro wired up to 4 double sockets mounted to a piece of mdf to control it all with a sonoff basic to control my mini tent light schedule. :+1:

4 Likes

Ooh double sockets you flash git

2 Likes

Nice thread lad. Really need to study up on this as I without a doubt have the electrical knowledge. Just need to figure out what I need as far as the electronic components

2 Likes

I have a very simple Sonoff 4ch setup in my current cab which you can check out in the first post here:

Just the 4ch, not the pro, not the th16, not the POW either but it does the job!

3 Likes

Ha ha :rofl: I have 2 rvks, 2 ossolating fans, a desktop fan, your solstrip build, an air pump and soon to add your cola cubes into the gown area mate. Extensions are an option but I’d rather it all was looking neat :+1:
Edit - I’ve also a small dehumidifier on its way I’ll need a socket for. I’ve not got any humidity problems but it’s still a little higher than I’d like it to be.

2 Likes

@TrevorLahey that’s not for long. Because you won a 4ch pro r2 and a sonoff. With that awesome eminem entry :wink: I will be getting these out but may well need a week or 2 yet lol. Whether you got a super simple setup or the ISS like @ReikoX it’s a step to making our grow lives easier.

@Esrgood4u I forgot you’re a go big or go home kinda guy lol. I am running a similar amount of stuff just over 2 rooms spaced pretty far apart so the single sockets work for me very well.

@Badfishy1 cheers mate. This is your one stop shop for any information or assistance you need for your own automation setup. We make a good head between us I guess lol.

5 Likes

:laughing: I’m kind of like one of them blokes that drive a porche. I’m trying to compensate for something I’m lacking lol

2 Likes

Its alright buddy. I’ve a grower not a shower myself :rofl:

3 Likes

Touche haha rather fitting phrase for OG :laughing:

3 Likes

It’s like that meat loaf song goes. “I would do anything for love…but I won’t show flop. no I won’t show flop”

My wake and bake working then :rofl:

Saying that my Mrs pulled it out the other day and said let me try something. Pressed it on her thumbnail and said “ooh it does feel like one of my jelly stampers” ffs

1 Like

:rofl: she’s a keeper mate :+1:

1 Like

Man it’s gonna be awesome! The new parts will go in the new tent and grow #2 begins! Ive been wanting to try the TH16s out too so I’m really excited, I love their products.

One of us needs to reflash these some day and see what else we can make them do! I have the FTDI boards here but not sure if it’s worth losing the sonoff fw just to pick up a few features like shorter intervals.

1 Like

I’ve been considering a reflash. But I’m so deep in other projects right now I just can’t ha. Did eventually manage to figure a very cost effective way to hopefully get the cnc mini mill running. by ridding myself of the idea for Mach 3 as a program. And deciding on GRBL. sorry for the tangent there still kinda automation related I guess. It will still be a week or 2 before I get these out btw but I’ll let you know when they’re on the way. What’s in the new tent setup?

2 Likes

Very early planning stages now. I’m loving micro so I just wanna do multiple smaller grows from now on. Will be another screw in build and have yet to decide on irrigation method yet.

2 Likes

Congratulations! You’ve made the DIY LINK-O-RAMA!

4 Likes

Hi folk,

I’ve posted an overview of the SensorPush hygrometers, here:

While not specifically designed for automation (there are better options for fixed humidity sensing in automated grows), it does have some features that are automation like that could be useful for curing, etc.

Since these are battery powered and wireless, it is very easy to drop them anywhere they’d be useful. Also, the OEM claims that they will be providing an API at some point to the device data such that it could be integrated into an automation control system.

6 Likes

Is it just me or is the ewelink server down at the minute?

1 Like

I’m editing timers in the app right now. So I don’t think it’s down.

2 Likes