Sonoff automation setup

Is there a sonoff and how to set them up post?
I’ve just installed a sonoff pow and I’ve set up 2 schedules. One to turn off at 5am and one to turn on at 5pm. Is this correct?

I’ve also set up a sonoff th16 that was gifted to me from @anon58740919. I have a 60w thermo tube connected to it to turn on if temperature drops below 72 and turn off if it goes above 82 but it won’t turn on even if I manually turn it on via the ewelink app. Hellllllpppppp!!!

4 Likes

Is that schedule set to the channel that your light is plugged into bro?

For you to manually turn on/off the heater whilst connected to the th16 you would need to set it to manual and then hit the button. To me that shows that your heater is on.

Can you post a pic of your wiring to the plugs. See if you’ve got the NO/NC the right way round and we will work from there

2 Likes

I have the pow in between the driver and the main plug to the wall mate so I can eliminate the digital timer I was using. I won’t know if the schedule is correct until 5pm tonight.
The th16 is switching as I can see the red light come on when I manually do it. I think maybe the tube is faulty.

The left cable is to the socket and the right to the tube.
I’ve not had enough time to set the 4 channel pro up as yet but I’m setting aside all next weekend to get all my new additions in place. The cola cubes I’ll wire them both into a sonoff basic and set a separate timer for them :+1:

2 Likes

From the info you have given.
You need to run the lights on the 4ch pro not the th16. Or is It the pow running the light? I have no experience with the pow personally.

Is the schedule that you set for the th16? And that’s why your heater isn’t coming on?

It’s difficult without context. That’s why I made the borard myself. Easier to get stuff where you want it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The sonoff pow is on the light. I’m able to manually switch it on and off via the app and it shows me the draw at the wall in real time. I’m just unsure about the schedule I’ve set :+1:
The th16 is on the thermo tube. I can switch it on manually via the app but I don’t get any heat at all from the tube. I wanted the tube on the th16 for lights off to keep the temperature up as the weather is a little cold this time of year but also keeping the temperatures in range will help keep the humidity down.

2 Likes

Yes, and thank you for setting it up!

99%

4 Likes

Haha! Yeah I guess I created it :rofl:

3 Likes

Try using the scene tool to set up rules for the TH16. I’m using a 4ch so I’m not sure if the POW has scene functionality.

Either way it sounds like you might have a dead tube. :confused:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply @TrevorLahey.
My solstrip light is controlled via the sonoff pow. It allows me to monitor the power usage in real time. In exactly 30 minutes we will find out if I’ve set the timer schedule correctly.

The thermo tube is connected to the TH16. I’m hoping that during lights off and the temperature drops that the TH16 will turn on the tube and keep the grow area in a comfortable temperature.
When the lights come back on at 5pm I’ll disconnect the tube and wire a plug up to it to see if shes broken. It used to work fine but it wasn’t needed in the summer months so I removed it. Either way we will find out a bit later on what’s going on with it.

1 Like

Fingers crossed it’s user error and hardware failure :wink:

1 Like

Well the sonoff pow switched on at the time I scheduled it to.

5 Likes

Wired a plug to the thermo tube and it works fine.
Wired a fan up to the th16 and nope not working so the process of elimination tells me the th16 is the problem.

1 Like

I’ll send you another up mate still got a few

1 Like

It works connected to the sonoff basic mate. It’s Chinese manufacturing at its best :laughing: let me at least pay you what you paid for it mate. The sensor works perfect. I’ll strip it down later and check the soldering :+1:

3 Likes

I didn’t have a clue how to install just the th16 sonoff thingy lol. But I’ll tinker with it in future, just gonna get used to the solstrips 1st ( a few runs under them to familiarise myself with them further…).
Though my plants really are frosting earlier with either the cobs or strips , and liking the way the plants can almost touch the lights etc - excellent penetration etc…
Really glad i was able to get them ( SolStrips) in the UK without the customs hitting my pocket (again lol)
Cheers @anon58740919.
Anyway @Esrgood4u I’ll be watching your cola-cubes in action when you start running them mate . :popcorn::eyes:
Have a good one :point_up:,
Gaz

2 Likes

It should be a winning combination adding the blue spectrum from the cola cubes to the 500w of solstrips mate. Hopefully the blue will help keep the stretch minimal.

3 Likes

I am very curious as to how these Sonoff things work and how I might be able to control one externally via a third party device, ideally with a 5v signal or connecting with a serial connection. I have been trying to make a relay box which can turn mains devices on and off but buying one and adding it on would be much easier.

No need to reinvent the wheel :wink:

Can these sonoff timer thingy handle the starting load from a hps? Kinda interesting

2 Likes

No mate. Unfortunately they’re not rated for an inrish current of a hps imo. I haven’t tried but I wouldn’t wanna I imagine the 10a relay would fuse

2 Likes

If they cannot then just use them to operate a mains relay that can. You would lose the power readout, it would just show the power used by the relay, but it would work.

2 Likes