The Automation Station [Everything Sonoff and Automation Related]

What lights you running? My go to here would be grab another sonoff. (If it’s gonna run on the 10amp from the 4ch pro, then it will run on a basic) they’re not much money. We don’t really have 110/120v here unless working on site with a transformer. All my work in grows is done on 240v so I won’t be much help other than this lol

1 Like

I’m building a solstix rack- 9 strips, 2 separate drivers. I have a second 4chan that Amazon sent me by accident :sunglasses:. So youre saying may be best to run 1 4chan off 220 and the second off 120? I could do that…

1 Like

Yup. Do that bro :100: you already have the tools to hand. That’s gonna be the best route

2 Likes

Last question, for now. Does the pow only function as a power monitor and on/off switch, or can you use it as a dimmer as well?

1 Like

I’ve not used a pow but from what I’ve gathered it’s a monitor. So have that at the start of your circuit. For dimming the lights you will need to use a potentiometer built in A drivers. Attach a 100k ohm potentiometer to a B type.
You can’t really dim anything with a sonoff. They’re effectively just plug sockets without plugs attached lol

1 Like

Thanks, thats what I thought. Ive got the manual dial for a dimmer for now. Just waiting on the screws to attach to the rack and I’m off to the races on my build! It’s about damn time bc this viparspectra is a real pain to get consistency with my plants based on the height. I feel like it’s a mere matter of inches to have the height right or they burn or dont grow good at all.

2 Likes

Good to see that. Everything in this era wants to be automated. Recently, I got service from Process Fusion to automate my end-to-end business processes. you can visit this website for more information.

1 Like

Nice. I’m in the middle of setting up another 2x4ft flood and drain space now. Automation is gonna be the key again. Cos I can do that well. I just fuck everything else up. Minimal input from me minimal problems :sweat_smile:

1 Like