The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

I’m leetdood. I’m from Ontario, Canada. I’ve been growing weed for 3 years with a 10 year break in between the 2nd and 3rd years. I’m doing a small (by breeder standards) pheno hunt in solo cups.

@DougDawson told me about this section and im excited to meet my fellow canadians! Glad to hear about freeseeds.ca also.

14 Likes

Glad you came to check it out. There are a few from Ontario in here and a bunch from all over the country. You should start up a grow journals when you are ready. People love pics and journals around here.

9 Likes

I probably will. I really like getting legitimate feedback on my pheno hunt and I’m struggling in some areas because growing them out in solo cups is admittedly tricky.

Thanks again Doug!

9 Likes

No problem. There are a bunch of breeders at OG. @DannyTerpintine is a fellow Canadian and does a bunch of breeding. He might be able to help you with questions about your pheno hunt. He and others here have some experience with those and Solo cups. If you search solo cup in the top right you will find some interesting stuff. Nice to meet you, have fun and happy growing.

7 Likes

welcome to og! I can surely give you some tips if you can direct me to your grow log or share a couple pics. :slight_smile: :+1:

…or simply ask away.

13 Likes

Thank you! I was unable to send it yesterday because I ran out of replies.

8 Likes

No worries, the restrictions melt away really fast with a bit of interaction around here. If you need anything just fire me a message or tag me in a thread. Have fun.

5 Likes

Welcome @leetdood ! Good luck on your hunt!

4 Likes

Anyone in Windsor or Barrie: I hope y’all are okay. :heart:

4 Likes

Right across the lake from Barrie. Phones kept going off with tornado warnings. Never made it here though.

4 Likes

Interesting letter from licence togro acmpr licencing company the other day. The co. has been offering its patients free cannabis testing for thc. The results of there first round of grower submitted samples came back with not one testing over 20%. It is an eye opener…seeing as LP’s can’t move anything under 20% and even below 23% is considered blah. I don’t know test style or sample size etc. but the owner was quite surprised, as well. I know thc isn’t the whole story, but it is in the ‘new’ retail marketplace. I still have yet to smoke any flower from an LP which compares to the stone produced by home growing, and we have tried and still try many LP and first nations lp products.

6 Likes

LP is licensed producer?

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the abbreviation around here.

1 Like

You got that email from Tony at licencetogrow too?

1 Like

yeh didn’t want to shill or anything lol. So do you think testing protocol is the same as the lp’s use? My partner (med patient) didn’t send any. Her strain isn’t a xtremely high thc pheno, but who knows. I’m sure I’ve grown 20% plus cultivars on an annual basis… just sayin’ LMAO guess I should submit something eh?

1 Like

I haven’t and won’t.

I don’t care about lab readings.

That company made getting my med grow license far easier than I would have believed.

4 Likes

wonder how reliable they are for the testing… are they selling free quads lessons in there somewhere ! haha they always trying to sell me something. altho i did use them to get my license so they at least did

1 Like

While I don’t know the methodry, I would assume that ltg would be less prone to cheating on results. I also believe ltg is trying to convert some of the licence holders to a craft licence or collective of sorts. So maybe the tester is questionable. Anyhow, LTG has thousands of licenced med growers and it does seem odd that of the submitted samples, that they were so low thc %…It leads one to believe the LP’s are sprinkling kief from the billions of grams of shwag in storage in order to achieve the 20%+ results on their packaging. I know theres much more to a good high than THC but I also know that pure extracts (hash etc.) from crappy weed will still give a crappy buzz despite being 50% thc in an extract from that weed. A lot of weed (good and bad) can have a very low ceiling, it doesn’t matter how much you consume, ya ain’t getting higher, so what is going on? I dunno but I know my probably 12% thc properly grown and cured bud beats the 23% gorilla death hump OG at the dispo in a double blind smoke test. Nothing uncommon, most everyone here has friends that agree, I’m no pro, but LP and native dispo weed is generally garbage, dry as a bone, machine tumbled and oh so tasteless. So I don’t quite grasp what the disparity is without more details, but it does make me wonder about my genetics, grow method etc. I might just do a grow this winter and send samples to a couple of test sites (along with an unpacked LP product0 just for kicks.

2 Likes

I worked at a LP

Let me tell you how it works: they pick the best looking plant

Then they pick the best buds on that plant

Then they trim it super close so there’s no stems and sugar leaves and stuff

AAAAND that’s the sample they send in for testing.

11 Likes

lol! so true.

2 Likes