The Cannabible - Hardcover?

@HolyAngel ,i checked the pdf and its the same i have…the index of strains is exactly the same! there´s no nr. on the first book,only 2&3 numbered. mine got 188 pages.

@Sbeanonnamellow dunno if the whole BBoB series came with both covers,i only have nr.3 in HardCover,not nr.1,2&4 maybe they don´t released with hard cover (???)

3 Likes

OK cool, that solves that then! 2 and 3 DO have extra info. My bad on the confusion guys :sweat:

4 Likes

It was an honest mistake, happens to everyone and easily sorted out.

3 Likes

it was definitly interesting,wasn´t it?
Happy Weekend :beers:

3 Likes

I have the original 3 book set

2 Likes

I will be posting about these tonight in my book thread if anyone is interested, I own both box sets and several of the full size common soft covers, here’s a link… Let’s see those old grow guides and collectibles!

2 Likes

These were within reach , I have some older grow guides I’ll dig out of storage at some point.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reminder as I have a couple books I’ve been meaning to share

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see them! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Question, was considering adding to my library of strain books. I have the box set of 3 cannabibles and want more books like that with strains and pictures and information.

Big book of buds worth getting?

Cannabis Indica 1, 2?

Cannabis Sativa 1, 2, 3?

Anything else that should be on my book radar?

3 Likes

they (3 books) are full of the history behind many, many strains - very intersitng - also shows many breeders which are still breeding today !

2 Likes

Not as good as “Cannabible” but “Big Book” do have many more “up-dated” strains - believe there are a few more published

2 Likes

there is also a Best Off,as it looks like…

and there was Calenders as well…
grafik

4 Likes

In addition to the titles you mention, Subcool had two books of a similar fashion published detailing the varieties and plants he worked with. They’re called Dank The Quest for the Very Best Marijuana and Dank 2.0 The Quest for the Very Best Marijuana Continues.

These type of books are some of my favorites detailing varieties, provenance, and lineage. Especially with quality paper and photographs. Hope you find many you will enjoy adding to your collection. Much love

4 Likes

I personally didn’t like the big book of buds, read too much like ads for companies and their were accusations the buds that were included paid to be in it.

Subcools books were more interesting. Hashish by R.C. Clarke is my fav book but I assume everyone already owns that, the Hashish series by Lawrence Cherniak is the other one that I can think of off the top of my head.

Strains of War is an interesting read, no pictures though. It’s by a US vet about his experience in Afghanistan finding a seeded plant which he collected and brought back to preserve. It’s more focused on the journey of discovering pot as part of healing his PTSD.

5 Likes

Sounds like Sub’s books are the first ones to find. Unfortunately, Dank 2.0 is an expensive item. I’ll get the first one which seems more readily available.

Thanks for the recommendations! I’ll check into these others as well @Somatek :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just because they are priced high doesn’t mean that’s what they are selling for. When possible I try to cross reference with previously sold items for a more accurate comparison and I don’t mind making offers that I feel are more representative of my budget even if they’re far off from the original asking price.

If it’s something you want and don’t want to wait I understand paying a premium for that scenario, but if you’re not in a rush I think you’ll be able to find a lot of these titles for much more reasonable prices. For example, the first Dank books being listed on eBay for about $40-$50+, but I’m sure you can find one for half that price or better.

I recently purchased a few books and the seller asked me if I was interested in another cannabis related title, Dank 2.0. I inquired about the price and was flabbergasted and a bit overjoyed when their asking price was less than what I paid for my copy of the first Dank book. I wasn’t even really in the market for the book because most copies I saw had such high asking prices but when the opportunity was in front of me for a bargain I was ready to accept.

I’m new to collecting books and found myself overwhelmed and feeling rushed and hurried, worried that I would miss out, but I’m learning that the universe puts us where we’re supposed to be and to go with the flow. I hope the universe puts a lot of these great titles around you at affordable and reasonably prices! I like the idea that these books and collectibles are finding their way into the collections of cannabis enthusiasts and aren’t getting lost to time. They’re so cool! Much love

3 Likes

Second that : @Somatek Best book out there “Hashish” by Clark it gives history to knowledge (you will not be able to “fast” read this - too much info !! WoW--------- also the book Strains of Wars - guess I should have made one Vietnam Strains ! I’m sure he “companies” made money from thhese publications. No adds in “The Cannaiblble”

1 Like

Dank 2.0 is the same book as the orig.,+it got 6 more strains attached…so in retrospective Dank2 is the more reasonable buy. But i sadly got em both too :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Just wanted to take a moment and say, strike while the iron is hot! Saw a book just come up for sale on ebay, the Bodhi Moon hardcover book, signed for only $13. Knew it was at a price I was comfortable with, and a book I’d like to eventually have in the collection. I added it to my saved and just went back and it’s already been sold. Happy for whoever got it at that price and signed too! Enjoy the hunt and search for these titles at the prices I “missed out” on just as much as getting them the first time around! Really enjoy seeing the enthusiasm for these sorts of books on here. Sharing the stoke! Much love

3 Likes