The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

And very detail oriented too!

3 Likes

Koby is an older gentleman who has tried the real thing in Colombia in the 70ā€™s and he says itā€™s the closest thing heā€™s seen since those days. The story does sound familiar to Reefermanā€™s description and I did notice he never actually said he sourced it from Colombia himself. I thought about asking where he got them but ultimately decided to just try them out and see what happens. You know what they say about plants not lying. Iā€™m sure if thereā€™s any Afghan genetics in there it will be noticeable.

4 Likes

They tend to have a certain mindfulness that not everyone has.

3 Likes

Hey Bros , I think I died an went to heaven ,when , I see all these 1970s , killer herbs. Thanks to All for Being Here. OverGrow The World ,With love ,brotherly love to everyone, thanks ,happy green thumbs , Peaceā€¦@upstate ā€¦ps I missed out ,God bless. Smoke emā€¦

5 Likes

[quote=ā€œherbgreen, post:2797, topic:99881ā€]
oldschoolbreeders is different than Charles scott aka reeferman
[/quote] some of old school ls Reeferman genetics he left in their careā€¦and they kept them.

4 Likes

yeah, maybe I think that danny danko had some connection and hes involved somehow

It seemed like charles-scott was telling us that its not him and to ignore them

Then again who knows if the had a falling out and that was part of the split

Lot of drama revolving around the Nevil work they hadā€¦

They have a lot of stuffā€¦Someone must know the real story

2 Likes

It seems like another basically knock-offs of charles work

scott family farm is what charles-scott goes by He is reeferman

That is a Canadian site you would have to ask them where the seeds come from

ā€˜Reeferman Geneticsā€™ that is oldschool breeders association Thatā€™s danko pretty sure

They all have some reeferman strains

Charles will be back around to set it straight

He grows in Jamaica

Hes probably loadedā€¦LOL

Yeah, who knows it would be funny if he was actually having all these companies and confusing us ā€¦why?

Anyway, I think danko knew Charles was out of the game for awhile so jumped on the opportunity ā€¦sounds about right

Which is why you see ads in hightimes

Charles has some nice genetics to offerā€¦And grown outdoor in Jamaica

I would wait see what happensā€¦he will be back soon

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing this raised serrations arenā€™t a good thing.lol maybe heat stress or lack of rh?

9 weeks of 12/12
Oaxacan

Swazipulco

Super cropped Peshawar Afghani

Another Peshawar Afghani but 5 weeks 12/12

Oaxacan x red snake 5wks in 12/12

12 Likes

Oh, shit I am so distracted todayā€¦I didnt read that carefully

Thatā€™s weirdā€¦Yeah, very well may be the dealā€¦

O well, Overgrow has got it now!

1 Like

Yeh, thatā€™s ā€˜reeferman geneticsā€™ very specific wording

Charles is/was ā€¦Reeferman Seeds

Hes been around foreverā€¦

This whole Overgrow thing was really Canadian

US Govt went into Canada busted up the rogue Cannabis server used in an attempt to Overgrow the Government ā€¦

It was predictable but really really disappointing DEA did not have bigger fish to fry than.what we doā€¦

.I was only a lurker @ the old overgrow for that very reason

Heres the description used for ā€˜Reeferman Seedsā€™ SMCG

This strain is a Santa Marta Colombian Gold IBL (inbred line). Santa Marta Colombian Gold has been one of the genetic bases of many of the most renowned and respected modern marijuana cultivars. It is one of the dominant strains in Original Skunk #1, created by Sam the Skunkman and Sacred Seeds and has also been used to excellent effect in one of Reefermanā€™s own seminal Love Potion marijuana line.

Santa Marta Colombian Gold (IBL) is a long flowering pure sativa strain that produces soaring highs with a lemon hash/cat piss flavour. This generation was selected from thousands of plants.

Flowering Time: 10-11 weeks
Harvest: Month December

Attitude for some reason never abandoned or changes Reefermans (Charles) old offerings You can seed The Santa Marta Gold matches the one on seed finder

And Now theres a Canadian Company called ā€œreeferman seedsā€

Its all just as confusing as humanly possibleā€¦

Heres a good rule of thumb

If you received seeds without incident you probably didnt order from the real reeferman

ā€¦Theres much drama it seems surrounding Charles

2 Likes

Reading this is making me more happy about our group purchase canā€™t wait to see these bad boys in action!

5 Likes

ā€¦maybe its related to reefermans original release(?)

I know someone else who has the reeferman SMCG and used it in a hybridā€¦w/ogkush

Could ask him if its the oldscool breeder reeferman genetics or is it reeferman seeds or is it related to the original one or ask johns nurseryā€¦That guy is on forums somewhere

Snowhighs Colombian Gold is from 72 according the container it came inā€¦and thats what british hempire grewā€¦Thats what exotic alchemy haveā€¦

So the shell game can work the other way alsoā€¦ In our favor @ times

ā€˜Reeferman Seedsā€™ SMCG is legendaryā€¦Love potionā€¦Willie Nelson also came out of thatā€¦Its good

4 Likes

And scott family farm did just release SMCG

site is down

Its 285 dollars Shipped from Jamaica

but that was just months ago ā€¦not long

I dont know if anyone received seeds butā€¦its in here

1 Like

Thatā€™s one Fā€™d up move by koby organics or whatever

.Always give the lineage Always give the chain of custodyā€¦Where it came from

Wait until they un-schedule Marijuana

In about a month

People will not know if they are coming or goingā€¦

Its been a race to the finishā€¦This is itā€¦Its almost done!

2 Likes

There was hurt feelings for sure. I can kind of see both sides of the story. It was Reefermans genetics that were left behind.
After how many generations in someone elseā€™s care do they become their genetics? Like if somebody left Their dog with you for 5 years, and never told you they were going to do itā€¦ Whose dog is it after five years?
@420noob Sounds like heat stress or a little too hot with the fertilizer. Oaxaca and Peshawar handle low humidity down to 20% or so. I didnā€™t go lower.

With flowering times so drastically different, the Santa Marta canā€™t be Reefermanā€™s worked line. I think Koby must have bought 10 original seeds off Charles or One Love Colombia. Itā€™s common for breeders to use the same good genetics. I wish theyā€™d always list the source myself. They usually tell you where they are from if you ask. I havenā€™t had time, but Iā€™ll shoot Koby a message soon and ask.

6 Likes

I think Southern states will still have laws against it.

4 Likes

True, but itā€™s a step in the right direction. I live in what I would consider a ā€œsouthernā€ state. We are definitely not getting recreational for a while. Medical doesnā€™t even start until 2025 in my state.

6 Likes

I know Florida isnā€™t going to lighten up anytime soon especially with cultivation, I can see them allowing recreational in the next 10 years maybe but I highly doubt itā€™s gonna affect home growing in a positive way.

7 Likes

Lots of meat on those! :meat_on_bone:

Excellent work :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Yeah whose rules does one use in that situation? The professional rose cultivators? You canā€™t really argue that the genetics werenā€™t brought by one individual nor can you say the existing plants donā€™t belong to the second.

4 Likes