The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

I need to do that this year. I have a 275 gallon tank I got, and only need some plumbing supplies to get it online and start collecting water, too. It would be easy to do a gravity drip with it if I grow in the right spots.

4 Likes

Is this a 20sum
Weeker? How long veg time whatā€™s the grow cycle? Can I grow it next to muh weed blants?!?!?
Inquiring minds want to kno!

4 Likes

Was that topped or trained at all?

3 Likes

Beautiful plants do most sativaā€™s grow more loose or airy like that? I got to grow it know cause I have to find out what itā€™s all about.

5 Likes

Its amazing how Open those buds are.
Nice natural camouflageā€¦

4 Likes

Man, me too! I bought these containers 3 years ago that hold about a pound of weed to cure inā€¦lol. Iā€™ve not grown ANYTHING that close to filling even one of those. Iā€™d like that to be with Oaxaca.

Iā€™ll for sure up-pot in stages just in case I run into problems, good idea.

I havenā€™t looked into those but I will. Do they make them big enough for a tree of weed?

This would be a great idea.

6 Likes

Yeah bud thatā€™s a nice size. It does need an elevation change to work with the low pressure system. The fitting is called a bulkhead and I think everything except the tank and low pressure timer was stocked at the local Home Depot. Good luck and while Iā€™m not an expert Iā€™m happy to share what worked for me just let me know!

8 Likes

Man. Everytime i pull myself away from thinking only "Oaxaca Oaxaca Oaxaca " someones ruins me with picturesā€‹:grin:. Great job! That one plant was the same pheno my cousin had. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve personally grown that one yet. Can you imagine these in the ground finished :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:???

10 Likes

No. Thatā€™s the natural form.

3 Likes

Most Sativa flowers are airy as a defense against mold in a hot, humid and sometimes wet locale. The nodes are further apart and the leaflets are skinny for the same reason. Lets the plant air out.
Not always the case though. Some Sativas can get hard nugs.
This is a hybrid of Oaxaca and my old heirloom genetics. I developed a short stocky type i named. " budball" for guerrilla growing. This is a budball pheno of my Coyote strain mixed with Oaxaca, grown by a close friend. Week 8 flowering for ā€œCoyacanā€.

Screenshot_20230226-092858_Samsung Internet|225x500

23 Likes

I had a volunteer plant last summer that seemed to be hit with the Malana male that I had. Anyway, it grew straight up and had teeny tiny bud sites and what was looking to me like they would be small wispy buds. But in the last few weeks they all turned into solid spears. It tripped me out. let me grab a pic or twoā€¦

6 Likes

Nice plant. Very bushy and small to be a heirloom cross.

3 Likes

1 Red snake 2 sowahh 3 red snake and lil red sowahh. 4 95 Silver Haze

Bout 15 days in flowering.

Acopolco gold on deck

31 Likes

Just keep getting more and more excited about true sativas just got to figure out the long flower times. 8 weeks though thatā€™s quick even though it was a hybrid did it still have the same sativa high?

5 Likes

Find that picture?

2 Likes

Yeah, give me a minuteā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t know yet about the high. Looks just like my coyote strain " budball" pheno and looks like it needs 2 or 3 more weeksā€¦2 for my tasteā€¦3 + for the growers taste.
I doubt it has quite the Oaxaca high but you never know. I selected non sleepy plants for years.

5 Likes

Those Oaxacas came out really nice all things considered. I didnā€™t realize they made it so farā€¦finished even. Still smoking it? Cure any?
I typically end up smoking mine before it gets to fully cure But thereā€™s usually one unopened jar that gets a full 6 months.

6 Likes

I had to scarf some leftover pizza to surviveā€¦ Yeah, Iā€™m gonna smoke some now. Truthfully, it was a little better not long after I picked it, but it still has loud terps. The large one that I topped, dried and died on the vine while I was in the hospital the second time. The others were still hanging on.

I picked the dried buds thinking they would be harsh garbage. To my delight, they retained a greasiness and the terps were fresh and loud. It was a pretty cool experience, since Iā€™ve always heard of those types of curing in different parts of the world.

I have some pics that are still loading into the desktop.

7 Likes

Hereā€™s the big Oaxaca I topped. It still has very loud terps although a little softer in a way, like. turpentine is giving way to a little cat piss, too. The bag as gotten a little abused but I have some seeds in it from a Lemon Thai if all went off as intended. Iā€™ve been getting a few of those loose, too.

Iā€™ll have to get the pics of that other plant tomorrow maybe, ha, Iā€™m baked. I have them picked outā€¦

Anyway, this is why Iā€™m baked right nowā€¦ wooooo!

37 Likes