The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Yup. Me too. Pull the tops different directions and tie them to the earth box. All the side shoots are going to fill in soon. When you look at it now, it’s like a Bean pole with not many bud sites… Wait a month and see the transition😁 . Reinforce the crotch where the branches meet by tying some jute around it so it doesn’t split on you.
You also have a short pheno. These are " s1" seed, but are male and female. There were also other Oaxaca males in the proximity, and though I thoroughly splattered the s1 branch with selfed pollen, there are reg seeds mixed in too.
Will be interested to see how big a short pheno gets in a decent sized container.

12 Likes

One of @deeez99 Red Snake

Whaa the plants are growing great…15 days since flip.

Got a bushy type and a big tall plant …that I’m sure are Fem.(so far)

Ye beautiful structures…and big difference in the Pheno.

@Tejas your POC are rocking it as well.( I flipped the other one yesterday.

More at the weekend.I sure there is a RS male as well.

Ye all well.

P J

[quote=

22 Likes

Got my fingers crossed for you on this one cause it’s a great looking plant so far.

5 Likes

This is some great advice as I’ve split my plants before trying to bend them.

10 Likes

Similarly, I’ve split my pants when trying to bend in them. :thinking:

11 Likes

Ya glad I’m not the only one!:cry:

4 Likes

a tale as old as time itself

8 Likes

19 Likes

Red Snake x Punta Cometa Oaxacan. Filling out and looking happy. These have a very nice looking structure and bush up readily.

29 Likes

That looks amazing. What a great year this is turning out to be for Central American Landraces.

10 Likes

1971 Panama Red

20 Likes

Now that’s exciting to see! I heard Cryptic Labs has a Panama Red line out as well. Heard of it yet @Upstate?

7 Likes

Yes @HumblePie420 I have cryptic labs version of Panama, and if it’s anything like their Oaxaca, I’m a dumb ass for sitting on them. This 1971 Panama is part of a group purchase, for limited seed and for bud, which is why I picked it instead of Cryptics. Says it can be overwhelming before its cured, and that’s what I want. Overwhelming. I want the one that will put that Van Halen song in my head and I’ll know my dad is smiling down on me too. He spoke highly of Panama Red, though didn’t have much to say. He called the speedy stuff f#*k weed. “Hey son, got any more of that f#*k weed?” “Here you go dad, you old pervert”, lol. Big old shit eating grin on his face every time🤣 I’ll be making a strain by that name in his honor once I find the right mix. I miss him dearly. Great guy.
F#*k weed. Coming soon😁

27 Likes

LOL!! Now that sounds fantastic! That song Panama was my all time favorite when growing up. I heard it was actually the name of a stripper that they named the song after so not that far off of F#*k weed huh?!!

6 Likes

I remember that stuff pin joint between 4 people and no one could drive for about 3 hrs .
Missed the drive in theatre one night because of that.

5 Likes

Oooh. Very well might have been. I was told it was about the weed, but with David Lee Roth involved its more likely to be about a stripper, lol. I can’t understand what he’s saying. My dad played guitar for a hobby. All the time. I Heard that song hundreds of times as Eddie Van Halen was one of his favorite guitar players. Brings me back. Here’s a link that says the song is about racing for titles…and it seems to match. But I know one thing. I’ll have a big ol’ spliff of that 71 Panama 5 months from now, and I’ll be yelling that chorus just as loud as I can😁 https://americansongwriter.com/the-meaning-behind-the-van-halen-hit-panama-may-not-be-what-you-think/

7 Likes

Time to revisit that weed, don’t you think? I’ve never had the pleasure. Just grew up hearing and reading about it. @Who left OG a while back, but he told me in the 80’s it really was red in color, and very stony. I think maybe some conversion from thc to cbn occurred? Or maybe 2 types.

6 Likes

So a big FUCK YA :metal:to @Guitarzan for anothet amazing genetic packages(seeds)! Maui mango haze maui wowie x mango haze I’m trying to remember off the top of my head I’ll correct if wrong in morning. Thanks man!

9 Likes

Would be nice to experience it again . I’m wanting to say mid 70’s was when it was around this part of the country. Thinking 77/78 trying to remember which vehicle I was driving.

6 Likes

Section 5 here:

4 Likes