The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Mine took forever to show sex it seemed like. And, they never started flowering outside until the sun was right at 12/12. Sort of odd I thought but it was fire and I got five female out of five seeds. :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

I’ve got a second confirmed Oaxaca female now for my second Earthbox. I’ll update with pictures this weekend.

6 Likes

Woo-hoo! More smoke! More smoke! Always better than less smoke!

5 Likes

Another interest strain from South Central Mexico

35 Likes

love those narrow leaves - can you give any more details on the altitude, flowering time, scents/aromas, possibly even post-cure smoke flavor/smells?

3 Likes

@boatbum325

2 Likes

Very nice brother.

3 Likes

This is such a good call! That guy definitely needs to be around this thread!

4 Likes

Very nice!

3 Likes

Snowhigh Mexican Punto Rojo. Im still not sure on sex. Some of them had a delayed start and a couple are reaching for the stars already.

Planning to take clones of all and start training these / up pot soon!

21 Likes

Altitude must be above 1200 mts over sea level that’s for sure. Flowering time? Its on the 11 week so probably another month. Smell floral,sweet and quite citric

8 Likes

ezgif.com-resize(2)

5 Likes

Love this post detailing pollen collection! Thank you!

4 Likes

Everything’s looking on point over there amigo. :wink:

3 Likes

That last one may need some training or trellising :grin:

5 Likes

You’re right; that or a higher ceiling :joy:

5 Likes

Oaxaca Update: What a difference a week makes with these genetics. My 1st sexed female has stretched almost 2 feet since last week and wondering if it’s too late to top her @Upstate? Although I’d love a huge tree waving in the wind, I’d rather had a huge bush to fill up my jars when this run is over. Plus keeping the rain/wind off her will be easier if she wasn’t a giant. I’ve also got my second female sexed and into its Earthbox today. Her flowers look slightly different right now compared to the other girl.

These are the flowers of my 1st sexed girl.

And these are from the other girl. I think they look a bit different…don’t you?

The tall one is around 4 1/2 feet tall now.

This next picture is of one of the un-sexed ones and is around 1 1/2 feet tall.

This next one was the runt of the group starting out and is now about 2 feet tall but un-sexed at the moment.

Really enjoying growing these outside and seeing how they wanna stretch! I love it!!

17 Likes

Looks like you have the string of pearls pheno in the weird looking plant on the right in the top pic. I’ve never grown a plant like that yet.

Not sure how I would go about trying to tame it. I suppose you could still take about a foot out of it, but it doesn’t really have much for limbs. @Upstate grew it once or twice and may have some good suggestions.

edit to add: That’s cool you already have sex on them. They should have a good chance to finish outdoors. I started mine late and it took till almost mid September just to show sex.

7 Likes

Hey, if it’s gotta be a huge tree I won’t be mad. I was hoping for a string of pearls pheno. Ever since I saw a photo of Dr. Grinspoon way back when.

5 Likes

I’d tie it side ways and grow it along the ground

8 Likes