The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

@deeez99

Nice Red Snake Female …22 days from flip. ( big girl)

P J

21 Likes

Wow, those look phenomenally healthy! Great job hermano

7 Likes

Ye …I’m pleased so far

I’m finding the plants love growing at altitude on the mountain. Ye growing Equatorial has been an eye opener to me since I retired here.

Thanks

P J

10 Likes

What’s your elevation?

I’m growing at 6400ft/1950m, at 36ºN and the sun is intense. Things grow really well here.

6 Likes

I’m just around 2,000 …Cerro Punta ain’t my address…but it approx the same

Cerro Punta is located in Panama’s western highlands at an altitude of 6,500 feet (2,000 metres) , just south of the Continental Divide.

Ye sure does enhance your weed growing.more or less the same.

Thanks

6 Likes

I love Google maps. I just went cruising around Cerro Punta, PJ. Beautiful photos. It looks so nice and peaceful. It also looks like a wonderful place to grow. :v:

5 Likes

One of my favorite places I n the world…

Your at the end end of the road…( no more tarmac or traffic’
The village of Guadeloupe…you’re at border of the Amistad National Park…shared with Costa Rica. Amazing place. Amazing hikes.

You should visit someday… you seem to like Panama…Got a lot to offer for a small county.

And only 3 hours from Miami on a cheap flight with spirit airways …can’t be bad .

P J

24 Likes

Wow, I’m sure I’d love it there. I need to try and make that happen before I die. I suppose you need to know a little Spanish, eh? I suppose food and beer are sort of universal so shouldn’t be too hard to find those, heh. Is it safe to travel anywhere down there? No problems for US tourists, like Mexico has? I like anyplace where short pants are the norm! Thanks for the pics and the info! :v:

5 Likes

oh wow she’s a beauty, great job! can’t wait for those luscious bud shots.

4 Likes

Panamas safe…loads of ex-pats here, Canuck’s & Americans and a scattering of Europeans.

Got your cost- co and pricemart here…

If you want to do something…just do it. (Your a long time dead)

Ye man Panamas safe and real nice folks.

P J

14 Likes

That’s that guy …the same one who flys on a Zip line with a g string on…shouting.

PANAMA

Strange world

P j

5 Likes

Upstate/Cryptic Oaxacan male turns out to be unstable…oh well. He had such nice leaves too.

19 Likes

Bummer. I didn’t see any problems on my 5 last summer, and outside. I never had a male.

3 Likes

I was just in Panama and what PJ says is totally accurate.

Just practice basic travel hygiene like you would anywhere else and it’ll be just fine :+1:

6 Likes

What’s the current light schedule?

3 Likes

Flower room is 11/13. Have not had any other issues…It’s no biggie as I was debating taking him out anyway. The female seems to be developing just fine though.

7 Likes

Just curious. Same thing happened with my last one, second time. I think it’s a pot size thing or transplant timing with the squat pheno.

6 Likes

I never repotted mine past 2 gal pots except for two and they did fine. They never got more than three or four feet high.

Any chance you had your pot on a cold floor? Man, first time I did that I learned the hard way. I think 90% of my grow room threw nanners. It was in my basement with dirt floors and it was nice when they all went in. But as winter came on, the ground was just too cold. Some made it out okay after picking off the male parts and getting them off the ground. I never had so many hermed plants, lol. :man_facepalming: :joy:

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s hard to say…my floor is covered in linoleum, and then the pots are all in rolling plastic trays with casters. So, I never have any issues with cold floors even though my basement is in the high 50’s all winter. I think these males from certain less selected tropical lines often are not firm from what I have read. I have read many threads talking about this, and I have had it happen myself a couple of times with sativas so I am not at all surprised. Could be pot size too I guess if the roots feel restricted, but this plant was up potted well before getting root bound, and has been in this large pot for 2-3 weeks.

6 Likes

That is a bummer and I tend to agree with what you stated here as I also had an Oaxacan male do the same thing last year indoors and I couldn’t conclude anything in particular that might have caused it. Only thing we can do is plant more seed!

6 Likes