The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Spring fever in effect over here as I’m getting the outdoor garden up and going.

Honduras direct from ACE. Really looking forward to this one. It’s supposed to be electric and cerebral :+1:

Purple Mexican Heirloom from @KropDuster. Here is the description on this one:

This is an inbred heirloom strain that comes from the Michoacán State in Mexico. I received this strain in 2014 from a Mexican grower I traded with. He had it in his collection for 15 years and got it himself from a well established older Mexican grower he knew. It’s just been inbred in that time not crossed with anything else. It is quite stable and a treat to use in new hybrid creations.

These are already sexed with one male and one female. I probably won’t keep the male but I will grow it out a bit to see what it looks like and how well it grows.

Highland Oaxacan Gold from Cryptic Labs via @Upstate. This is the progeny of a couple plants I inbred last year and would like to now see how they grow. I’m thinking at this point these might be a yearly addition outdoors. I just love weed that doesn’t tire you down :man_cartwheeling:

Colombian Gold This was shared by @Old-Ron from his freakers grow that was part of the OG fall box this past year. I doubt this will finish outdoors on its own so I’ll have to consider some form of early light deprivation I think.

I think this one was over watered as it was yellowing up with some rust spots a few days ago. I stopped watering it over the last couple days and it seems like it wants to bounce back thankfully.

Huixtepec shared by @Upstate I actually don’t know much about this one other than I’m going to grow it as well as I can.

31 Likes

I’ve always been curious about the Honduran. It seems to be less popular than many other Central American strains in question which makes it a delightful mystery to me.

9 Likes

Yes me too, it’s been on my wish list for over a year and I REALLY wanted to grow out the entire pack but I decided that I need variety during the summer. Hopefully these will sex somewhat soon so I can get a few more started if needed.

11 Likes

These were my two Oaxacan males from Upstate and they were fine, although I never had in any sativa those beautiful thin leaves the one from @TexasTea has :kissing_heart:, maybe it’s related to cold and humid conditions? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

25 Likes

Wow, killer lineup man! I have always wanted to grow the pure Honduran too, but never got around to it. I do have seeds though…the Honduras x Panama I have grown numerous times and it is always a winner. In fact, I have a jar going right now.

Nice males George!

11 Likes

Beautiful plants :kissing_heart:, this one looks like Manganese deficiency, not very common icon_e_confused|nullxnull, hope she properly recovers … beer3|nullxnull

13 Likes

I’ve had plants get the rust spots from an overwatering, I doubt it’s directly nutrient related.
Probably those leaves won’t ever fully recover, but new growth will be g2g.

3 Likes

Hey thanks @George, since all the plants pictured above are using the same soil and are looking pretty good I am thinking it was more due to some sort of lock out from the overwatering. I’ve been applying LIFTA for the time being to see how the new leaves appear.

Thanks Heady, this was my initial thought and I’m just going to let it dry up and sort itself out. It’s already looking better than it did a couple days ago.

4 Likes

Thanks, I believe that reaching certain growing expertise overwatering will never be a problem ejem|nullxnull, according to this it may go as it came … beer3|nullxnull

13 Likes

I’ve run into this type of thing this winter. Seems like the LEDs make my plants super prone to calcium and magnesium imbalances. Epsom salts, a pinch of gypsum and cal-mag usually perks them back up.

7 Likes

I think you’re spot on. Top leaves are showing deficiency meaning it can’t translocate. Immobile nutrient deficiency, which is usually a micronutrient. Iron has a much different look. The next most consumed are manganese and boron. Boron is more streaky and interveinal.

5 Likes

In 1977 there was an introduction of Thai genetics into Colombia according to a CNN article from 1979.

Screenshot_20230419-133449_Chrome

12 Likes

Do you have the rest of this article by any chance?

3 Likes

Had to look it up.

7 Likes

Oaxaca update. The string of pearls pheno is getting over 5 feet tall now. I’ll have to figure out how to attach some sort of scaffolding to the Earthbox so it doesn’t move.

The one on the right with the blue tag was the runt of the bunch initially and is the 3rd confirmed female. I’m kinda hoping the last one turns out to be a male. Speaking of males, the one male I have is done giving up pollen and has been cut down.

18 Likes

Marijuana…Australiana

Great doc from down under.

8 Likes

I loved the article, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

You’re very welcome.

2 Likes

Great job
I had 1at 6 ft and 3 at 4 ft

It’s a wonderful smoke
Nice job

You’re going to love it

7 Likes

The emerging new drug-cultivation area is the Llanos plains, on the edge of the Amazon jungle, where pruning has improved
the original coarse green cannabis.

That area talked about in your post from CNN is where the Colombian Black (Llanera) is from.

Genetics: Colombian landrace (open pollination)
Region: Los Llanos. Colombia-Casanare (South America)
Latitude: 5 ° N
Harvest: End of October
Height: 2 to 3 meters in optimal conditions
Seeds: Regular
Vegetative stage: 15 to 20 weeks
Flowering: 12 to 17 week
Aroma: Fruits, cedar, incense
Effects: Powerful, psychoactive, long-lasting, euphoric, in the end calm without being narcotic
Characteristics: Phenotypes of dark purple color, also green phenotypes and fruity aromas and one acre like cedar. Very resistant to extreme climates, drought, humidity, fungi and pests. Conical structure Up to 3 meters. Large sawn leaves of a light olive green color. High percentage of THC.

Los Llanos is a region of northern South America divided between Colombia and Venezuela. It has two marked seasons, the rainy season and the dry season. It’s characterized by its extensive savannas, its climate is intertropical savannah being humid and hot, (except in the high plains with milder climate), with high temperatures in general .

Nice description from the landrace team

13 Likes