The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

@TexasTea What’s the point of keeping around that pearly cryptic mom I thought those string buds weren’t very sought after or is there something special about her?

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s just stringy trash weed, hehe…I am kidding! Dude, this is a seriously cool exotic pheno. Almost no trimming, light yield yes, but tastes like hash and is phenomenal smoke. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I’ve seen 2 people grow phenos like that and their reactions were far from yours lol! I’m glad you like it man just not my cup of tea I’m about the flavor and yield of both aren’t there I don’t want it

3 Likes

There is great value in keeping these type of genetics going. I have wanted to try the famous Dr Grinspoon for many years, and I think this must be somehow related. Rock hard nugs are wonderful, but give me some sativa with incredible delicate aromas and easy trimming any day. I already have more than I can smoke or give away, so yield is meaningless to me. :wink:

25 Likes

Guatemala from Ace in the outdoor garden this year. #3 also looks to be female after all.

20 Likes

Grinspoon has Highland Oaxacan Gold in it, it’s a cross of Oregon Purple Thai and Panama Red. Once I learned the lineage, it was obvious where the pearl string phenos came from

17 Likes

I appreciate your input @TexasTea it’s nice to get an unbiased opinion. I smoked way too much to grow anything with small yield but that’s also because I turn any bud im tired of into edibles or dab so im only smoking fresh bud for the most part

8 Likes

The beauty of cannabis is that there are so many types and styles out there. Something for everyone, whether it’s indica, sativa, poly hybrids, landraces, etc. I like growing more unusual and exotic plants, and especially the old school genetics. I don’t care how long they take to flower as long as the smoke is worth it. :wink:

17 Likes

cenanod-ezgif.com-resize

2 Likes

And that one is the momma of demon latcher. I recognize it from a photo. Nice one!

7 Likes

Those pearls are so stunning… I know cannabis breeding is generally done for thc/cbd/yield but how I would love an outdoor ornamental strain designed like this and more… if what I said makes any sense.

5 Likes

Pearly flower on a book match mahogany guitar

45 Likes

Love your Sample Jar @TexasTea
I’m laughing my ass off thats a killer stash!

5 Likes

Thanks! Wish you guys could smell the fruity aromas as this cures. Comes through as a fruity hash flavor that is superb. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Remember on part one …I done a search and Panama red had been crossed hundreds of time same with Colombian Gold…in the past decades…a unicorns don’t exist! Or do they?

The pan 74 from Asia …never germed…tried different gem methods…was told they hard to germ so had got extra seeds…that was a disappointment. $120

I repeat again Panama red is a name the Marines gave to PUNTA ROJA…It’s explained in my past posts…not rocket science.

Ok .live started my clombian grow…with the Corinto( Corinthian)
…I’m going to start some mango Biche next few weeks…might do your Colombian black few weeks later…as well as my venture into am / Haze x choc rain, Candyberry , Nanan Bouclou…im even thinking of running Ron’s Colombian gold…ye the 24 week flowerer.

That’s my plans for the rest of the year …I will try and squeeze some others in…im doing well with this perpetual grow thingy…every six weeks start some seeds …then more the next six weeks .as the first seeds come out of veg and head to transition …it’s working pretty well since the OXACA x Am Haze then wee went on to Am/ Haze x choc rain six weeks later…

Moment I’m on the Nanan Bouclou x Candyberry at week 10 week in flower…and the Nanan Boclou x Am/haze are coming behind them.

Hard tasks im setting myself…but I’m on a roll.

The Kushy Nanan Bouclou x Candyberry ( at ten weeks flower…nice Pheno. I’m nursing them through the rain…bring them in the veg room and stick a couple of lights on them …then out in the dark…im paranoid of losing weed to mould…as I been stung there…but all are holding out…probably ok, but so late in flower I’m not taking risks.

That’s the plans @Upstate we can pencil the other in P R in, as you know well made plans are made by mice and men…same thing.

P J

32 Likes

Fantastic work, Love how fragile they Look and that dark healthy Green Green Green
Salute @Panamajock

4 Likes

Ye man thanks for the kind parablas. @YoBigdaddy tagged you.

These plants are special, I’m intrigued with the Pheno s repeat themselves,in the next cross …the kushy type has appeared in the OXACA x am Haze

Then it appears in the Am/Haze x choc rain…then the Nanan Bouclou x Candyberry throws up something similar…Kush.

Incredible to get so many different phenos in this run…im loving it…don’t know what the fuck is going to appear on the Nanan Bouclou x Am / Haze …there stretching now…What a hobbie.
but there’s some fire in those Genetics…and more to be found.

Happy growing …The pintados coming Lol

P J

11 Likes

Lovely job. T T

3 Likes

All your plants look great, you have a great line up for this year.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed Tejas

I’m really looking forward to growing the Corinto (Corinthian) I’ve tried to get these seeds for years after being wiped out with it in Cali.

Colombians go to weed. But very rare now…even in Colombia…sad
P J

5 Likes