The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

Continuing the discussion from The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2) - #5035 by Upstate.

Previous discussions:

3 Likes

Hello :laughing:

For a second I thought the thread got killed because of cloud stuff. ^^

14 Likes

It was a strain of nice green buds and was called Guerrero Green around here in the late 1970s early 1980s. It could be highland renamed by locals.

Legendary Genetics made a cross with the Green. (snow high seeds)

download

20 Likes

lol I completely thought the same thing for a moment! haha

4 Likes

In celebration of #3

Pupusas for everyone.

31 Likes

Praying for Le Pearls

35 Likes

I found this on post #20 on ICMAG from 2015

As Bluebeard’s post in 2008 notes Acapulco Gold high is different than Guerrero Green. That said - Chimera’s 1973 Highland Guerrero x Blueberry sativa is spot on for the effect you note, energetic and motivating for going to the gym, long bicycle rides, on long hikes and any and all outdoor activities. Chimera’s Highland Mexican is psychedelic like early 1970’s Highland Mexican. If you smoke a joint, you’ll have to wait a bit while all the things necessary to ride a bike come together. After a joint, even walking is sometimes strange at first, as if you’re walking using someone else’s legs. Eventually energy start to flow nicely flow and your senses and outdoor activities are fun and enjoyable.

12 Likes

My Pearly Oaxacan remains a favorite, and now I’m waiting for the seeds to fully ripen on Pearly Girl #2, the stinky one. I have been picking a few off her for the past couple of weeks as the bracts ripen. The seeds are tiny, but out of curiosity I threw a handful in the fridge for a week and then planted three. All three popped!

So the question is, are these Cryptic Pearly Oaxacan x Red Snake or Cryptic Pearly x Cryptic Oaxacan? Or are they from the nanners which have become too numerous to remove? I dusted her with both RS and CO but did not label the branches. Should be great regardless though. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I love having questions like that. I can’t wait until you get the answer! :eyes:

5 Likes

Ye …We finally reached the 5 K

And now in Part 3

Well done our great leader @Upstate and all you other guys who advance OVERGROW with the generosity and the genetics.

There some real special folks on this thread and the sharing there knowledge with us…yes we are very privileged and long may it continue, my knowledge and understanding of the herb has come on in bounds since I joined the Thread years ago… looking to take Panama red back to Panama LOL ( happy days)

Some of the grows have been incredible…to numerous to mention…and the quality of info and fotos, second to none…keep them coming…

I’m so glad we are still going stron …This thread will be a reference for loads of Sativa etc growers for years to come.

Ye pats on the back all round…roll on Part 4

P J

9 Likes

Wow, thread #3!

Im glad to see this thread grow and continue to flourish…it’s so full of experts, enthusiasts, and even curious beginners all of whom are keeping these genes alive!

Thanks for all the knowledge sharing and genetic preserving you all do every day!

6 Likes

Definitely a special place…more like a social club

Be nice if we had an Overgrow convention some day.

P J

7 Likes

That would be an epic session!

4 Likes

Central American Beauties right by the wall! And a Pandora Cryptic Panama x Old Timers Haze with three first and second set of leaves. Anybody else every see this phenomenom?

17 Likes

The Guerrero Green may be a Lowland Version of Highland Guerrero? There’s often a high and low elevation version… Should be longer flowering if lowland.

5 Likes

@Elchischas may have found me a real Panama Red @Panamajock. I meant to tell you all. I don’t remember the source but it was on Instagram and this one comes from the Red Cross like the 1974 but it’s from a different year. Looks legit this time.
Maybe i should pop them to celebrate round 3 of my favorite thread…and to put an end to my search for an unhybridized version. This would be my 4th Panama.
@CocoaCoir I don’t know what those are but they look good. Looks like a fruity pancake. :yum:

:rofl::joy::rofl: you sound like i do sometimes. Always a mystery by harvest time if you don’t label the branches. I’m in the same boat. There is something I made that I really want to grow but I would have to grow three batches to definitely find the exact cross I’m looking for…3 pollinations( 2 intentional)no labels. Still, a mystery is fun, and I swear you learn more about your crosses this way because you’re paying more attention to every little detail trying to figure out what the heck it is. Pearl s1’s are tiny…
@anon3323625 3 leaf followed by 3 leaf? I’ve seen it a lot but I have some three leaf stuff that never does get more leaflets. Maybe you have a three leafer. Around my area the three leaf stuff was always super potent. The most potent was a single leafer my friend had we all called puke weed.
Edit…i just saw the 3 cotyledons…that is rare. Seen it only 3 or 4 times. If you could get one that had three nodes even into flower that would be awesome

14 Likes

Yeah, I’m going to have some fun with this Oaxaca cross. Should be good regardless of which male is the father. :slight_smile:

Off topic but…I don’t remember which thread was discussing the origin of Hawaiian weed. Maybe it was over on IC Mag. Anyhow, there were a whole lot of claims that it was first introduced in the 1950’s. I have some proof though that it was present at least as early as the 1930’s. If you listen through to the first song by Bea Foote from 1931 you will hear a reference of “Dreams come from Maui, honey all day long.” Great record btw, and I have been listening to similar compilations since the early 90’s. I have a lot of old blues stuff in my collection. “Texas Tea” is an old reefer reference from that period too. :wink:

10 Likes

Good info. Anything else in the song suggest weed was present? Dna tests show Hawaiian unrelated to anything else. Some Hawaiian may have been ( or hopefully is) a landrace.
However, Colombian Gold is also unrelated to anything else. My theory has been that Colombian Gold was a stabilized hybrid, and that’s why its not related to other cannabis. Hawaiian could be similar. An old stabilized hybrid of a couple or more different landraces, unrelated to anything because of its unique genetic combinations.

10 Likes

Would gene expression and DNA testing show related link?

4 Likes

Three baby Pearly Cryptic Oaxacan x Red Snake, or x Cryptic Oaxacan. :smiley:

Pearly Cryptic Mom. I’m pulling her today because the nanners are knocking up my Red Snakes.

Red Snake

32 Likes