The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

Remember I mentioned to you before? You showed a super cool looking gfog from ilgm that had that pheno. For modern hybrids people go for yield. These seem to be compact super concentrated terps in small delicious flowers. To the point that stems and leafs are/can be smoked. I had some that grew beautiful but wasn’t all that issue with landrace. It was fun as hell to grow and learn about for sure. This seems to be the growers " personal stash" you know only breaks it out on special occasions to share otherwise it’s kept close to the chest. I’m still waiting to get that one special one that you never forget!
nanan by @YoBigdaddy

Big sur holy weed by @greenfingers its a self topper

columbian gold by @YoBigdaddy
Oaxacan gold by ME!

@Upstate https://images.app.goo.gl/oUswuEeQSYDv5UJv9
says it all hilarious!
Sorry about weird link but here’s what it is a movie ad.

26 Likes

Great info @420noob. I started looking more into it after the previous reply to my question and yes what you’ve said seems to be true all over the internet. Might be something worth trying one day! Yall have changed my mind! I’m always down for tasty weed I just smoke a lot lol

7 Likes

Any prior experience with the Corinto? I have always been curious about that line.

4 Likes

The only experience I’ve had with it…was smoking it in Santiago de Cali,

Very strong weed…my first joint I was on my back……I tried to get to Corinto…but there was a embargo going on, and the cops would t even allow tourists on the buses to enter the province…was a wasted journey, of all the places I’ve visited in Colombia I would go back…but never to Cali de Santiago very violent city,protests everywhere.

Crazy I’ve ended up with Corinth seeds via a different geographic

area.LOL

P J

23 Likes

Corinto 9 days……from germ…be re potting these soon…they have taken of here…they will love this high altitude here on the mountain.

24 Likes

Beautiful plants PJ! So I believe my Oaxacan, bshw, at least 1 nanan and smcg are female the rest not sure. That’s 9 of 15 males :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. So head up and deciding what other desert torture plant I should grow. Thinking balacoistan I know that’s spelled way wrong lol. Also I need a guarantee so might drop a fem morroccan belida since the first one I struggled with but the smoke! :drooling_face::drooling_face: So worth it all over it! Seems like it would be a good line to breed with to shorten flowering thought the semi or potential autoflowering might be a weird trait.

10 Likes

The Nanan Bouclou is looking good,it was fast in veg .and only doubled in the stretch…it’s a pretty fast finisher 11-12 mine went. And amigo it smokes great after cure…maybe take a clone or two

The BSHW looks good…I will get to them someday.
I sometimes grow one or two fem plants …short flowering time like Skunk Ak -47 Bruce banner.very reliable…and you know if your longer flowering Sativas all turn out male, you know you have back up…

Your doing great…im enjoying watching your grows…

Edit…I think they could have done with another week and a bit in flower…I cut early as the dreaded white fly was sticking to the buds…I’d say 12 anyway or maybe 14 in flower…it depends on circumstances.

PS . @420noob remember YBD grew these for a repro for seeds.

Diff story when growing for Sensi…so I’m sure they be different variants.

P J

10 Likes

What’re the scents/aromas like on the nanan? Can you describe the smoke experience?

3 Likes

I only had two fem plants…the buds were very acorn shaped…and real tight.

Ye diesel and citrus….my nose ain’t the best.

Had me couch locked …with a dry mouth, didn’t want to do chores , evening smoke with a movie or something …

P J

7 Likes

Hot damn just nine days? They’re liking what you’re doing sir!

3 Likes

I been waiting for this moment for a long time.

I can’t promise anything…but I am sure they will grow exceptionally in this Zone…Parts of Corinto are the same elevation as here…and have a comparative rainfall and climate.

Cerro Punta is a city and corregimiento in Tierras Altas District, Chiriquí Province, Panama.[1][2] Cerro Punta is located in Panama’s western highlands at an altitude of 6,500 feet (2,000 metres), just south of the Continental Divide. The climate, like the rest of Panama, is tropical with a short dry season and rainy season that extends about 9 – 10 months of the year. Night time temperatures are often cool due to Cerro Punta’s relatively high elevation. During the 1970s much of the land was used for cultivating strawberries; households also maintained small mixed-vegetable gardens. The village can be reached by traveling north from the Pan-American highway.

Ps…Cero Punta is in the radius…but it’s not the exact spot.

12 Likes

Corinto

14 days since germ…looking great @GREANDAL

P J

22 Likes

Looks healthy and happy my friend

4 Likes

These are going to be a challenge…the growth is incredibly fast at the moment…

I’m 100% these are the real deal…plans need thought out about veg times etc…I been putting them outside during the day …harden them up for there grow on the mountain.

P J

Ye interesting grow paps.

8 Likes

It has been a few months now and smoking on mine they’ve gotten even better. The floral ones are a real luxurious kind of high. The more “mangoish” acidic jet fuel ones have gotten stronger and have real legs. You can just keep smoking it and it keeps working. LOL

I can’t wait for a sensi batch. Ought to be killer.

14 Likes

I think a repot to at least 3 gallon if not 5. They want to be big. You saw how big mine got and they were in 2 gal bags.

5 Likes

I agree. Not a speck of cereal. :dog:

6 Likes

Every time in history a land race is moved to a new country and grown there and selections made for a period of time it attains its own characteristics unique to its climate. Every strain on Earth used to be something else if you want to get technical. Lebanese weed was moved to Turkey where it is today known as Turkish, for example. Peshawar was moved to South Africa where it is called Lesotho. Skunk was brought to the UK where it is called Cheese. Panama Red is the name nearly every American pot smoker is familiar with and if I start calling it Panamanian Punta Roja, no one will know what I’m talking about, except you and I. Landrace Panama Red also seems to have some unique traits not found in Punta Roja, such as thorns coming out of the roots of male plants and also a chance at plants colored completely red, not just stigmas colored red. In addtion it is known to have many cannabinoids not found in Punta Roja, but more typically found in Kush strains. I’ve got to keep calling this strain what Americans in this country have been calling it since the seventies, and our Marines stationed in Panama longer than that, possibly since the 20’s. We’ve even written songs about it😁
To further complicate things there also seems to be an old hybrid version of Panama Red that is still long flowering. Most likely this hybrid was made in Panama itself…and certainly should have its own name. I think the question is how long does something need to be grown in a country before that country can consider it its own? In this country we wait about 1 Growing season​:rofl::joy::rofl:

15 Likes
10 Likes

That sounds epic brother. Your description is going to force me to grow things I shouldn’t😁

5 Likes