The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Given the underground and ultra-secretive world of cannabis cultivation, there is no telling the ancestry of many strains. Once the DNA of cannabis is thoroughly researched and sequenced, that information is going to be full of surprises. In fact, I’d be willing to bet Panama Red and Punta Roja are contemporaries, both descended from a narrow-leaf, pink-pistil Afghan phenos or something equally unexpected. I’d also wager any landraces coming from Commonwealth or former Commonwealth states had their origins in south India, and that many other genetics that found their way into those did so in the last 50 or so years.

1 Like

Here are the Colombian Gold I have growing. This was a month ago. The front 2 are from the same seeds you have. This were the early trial ones.

The plant in the right corner is a clone from one I already harvested.

This one is taking more after dad. He branched out on his own.

This one is taking more after mom. She was more vertical, as is the clone growing in the back.

I flipped them to flower 2 weeks ago.

16 Likes

Smashing….great fotos…and great to compare.

Yes definitely very alike ( which don’t surprise me…) two still seem more columner at moment … and one is spreading side growth more than others.

Really enjoying this thread and so far so good…thanks for all your help Ron …and others who join in.

Regards

P Jimage

12 Likes

They look very similar to mine when they were small.like that.

2 Likes

Looking really good

1 Like

Just a quick one …The fall Co-op is ready to check out.

All you Gus who signed up for @Old-Ron Colombian gold can go into DYI green life…

All other goodies are there…The post I’ve copied below.

Happy growing and big shout to @G-paS for all her hard work and the breeders like Ron who make this possible.

7 Likes

Front and back pics of the raised bed. The Oaxaca has formed buds and the Mulanje is just getting started. The Oaxaca is slightly brighter and the Mulanje is a little darker in color.

Here’s the Oaxaca in the bucket.

And the MDS

17 Likes

Whaaa PTB your smashing it…they look real yummy

Sterling job

P J

2 Likes

Thanks. I feel like I haven’t done anything. They just grow themselves outdoors. It was those who made the seeds that did the hard work.

3 Likes

Flower pics from this morning

18 Likes

Lets give this another shot.
Took some clones from the dirty flowering plants, as a last ditch effort. Here’s the Hoa Bac selection & a Pearl pheno Oaxacan — already revegging!

Dr. Zymes & Spinosad took me 90% of the way… now Neoseiulus californicus & Persimilis are here to finish the job :crossed_fingers:t4:

(I’m as stubborn as a spidermite. I never give up)

19 Likes

Glad to see you pulling it all through this tough patch!

4 Likes

Botanigard W22 works really well too but can’t go wrong with Spinosad and predator mites!

3 Likes

My oaxacan haven’t even begun to bloom. Only males making pollen sacks.

4 Likes

What’s your latitude?

35° north…centrl Oklahoma

1 Like

Damn straight. Never give up.

3 Likes

So is that for Canadians as well or do we deal directly with Doug?

1 Like

Doug is distributing the Canadian packs…but I still think you pay through Sebrings site.

Maybe double check with @DougDawson

Happy growing

2 Likes

He’ll probably see the post and answer here . I’m not sure how it’s working this round?

2 Likes