The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

It is focused energy if you are exploring new things for a larger purpose. You can’t be a great chef without understanding the ingredients imo. It’s good to know what you are working with. How could you know, for instance, that peanut butter and chocolate go well together if you have not tried either of them to begin with?( yes you can buy a reeses, lol) For me, I’m on a mission of discovery to learn what i want to focus on in the future. What ingredients I enjoy. I know the flavor profiles I love but not which base strains produce them in the greatest numbers. When i find something i work with it but continue exploring. Going forward in steps. Today too many people are just mashing things together as @lefthandseeds ( good to see you) says, hoping for some majic. Sometimes people hit the jackpot for sure, but breeding can be much more calculated than that.

10 Likes

Good point and well put! I’m definitely at that stage of wanting to lick the spoon of each ingredient haha.

3 Likes

Well, if you wanted for sure! Will it stand the travel??
This how the durban is currently:

If you think it can be pollinated taking into account all the time involved in shipping, im on it for sure! If not I guess it will be present in the progeny.

What do you think of the loveoflandrace Durban? The story sounds good tbh.

@deeez99 while focusing on one thing is great, also exploring is too, a good balance between both its good, cant search for something if you dont know what to search for!

10 Likes

Very nice! Beautiful narrow leaf…really looks like my CBG plant too.

5 Likes

Absolutely agree with all you wrote. I have been trying many things over the past five years in order to get the lay of the land, so to speak. Now I’m narrowing my focus in certain places, and Mexico seems to be the epicenter. :slight_smile:

I have several different Oaxacans and that purple heirloom Michaocan to explore. My Red Snake is an absolutely superb plant and mixing with these other Mexicans including some of the Green Mountain stuff could really come up with some good results I think.

But the willy nilly mixing and polyhybrid indica stuff that totally dominates the commercial scene is a very boring direction in my opinion. Mixing of genetics should have more discerning goals and simple combination of landraces makes much more sense.

10 Likes

There is a thread …on them

Maybe it says there 18-24 weeks.

Below are the ones in the fall box…I’m not sure if there from that repro?

15 Likes

Hey, sign me up man! Especially if dusted with some Durban pollen, hehe. :smiley:

5 Likes

I’ll send you some when done of whatever comes up in the end!!

4 Likes

I grew out Bodhi AG a couple of years ago. Stretchy tiny leaved ladies, very elegant and slender stems. They got very tall but that may be because I didn’t know to restrict roots early on. But they flowered forever and made enormous flowers that looked like old time puffy microphones. Airy loose buds, not much trichomes. Taste was terrible and not much high.

3 Likes

Oh man, timing would be perfect right now. My Red Snake is at just the right stage to dust a few lower branches. :wink:

1 Like

Oh that doesn’t sound so good….did you grow a few and were they all like that.?

Regards

P J

1 Like

I had two females, almost identical. Now, I am a much better grower today than I was three years ago, so maybe better results can be achieved. Still probably worth growing out simply because it is a beautiful plant and seems to be the real deal.

3 Likes

Ye …I will give them a go …it’s just the long flowering, the Colombian gold is the same 18-24 weeks…it’s like waiting on a child being born.LOL

Thanks for the info.

P J

3 Likes

This thread has some good pics:

Some buds that I grew:

22 Likes

@Panamajock - No, i don’t believe those seeds are from the @lambchopedd repro. His packaging was very different. I believe the ones in the Fall Box were leftover seeds that @G-paS / Sebring had that people had sent in for dispersal.

4 Likes

That is fucking jungle bud. Those weird tiny calyx that never seem to swell or ripen. More hairs and stems and leaf than bud. Green tasting nasty smoke, hot and harsh.

People have told me it is from too much N but I have let that shit turn yellow and it didn’t ripen. Others have said they need to be grown outside to achieve proper growth. I just think there is as much rope as dope in some of those old lines.

Weird thing is though sometimes sisters will kick out nice plants. Haze is like that too. I used to joke that they should call it Hays instead of Haze because from seed it will kick out a lot of crappy jungle bud as well.

Please don’t take my message as derogatory, rather I am commiserating on similar experiences I have had myself.

10 Likes

Thanks PTB for that info and @TexasTea for that link.very informative.

I’ve stuck 4 in a shot glass anyway….we will see what the future holds.

P J

3 Likes

Lol, bingo man, you nailed it. Yeah, it was all hairs and very little calyx.

2 Likes

Cool, I hope you get interesting results. It was a fun plant regardless and I will follow along. :wink:

2 Likes

Ace Honduras x Panama. I have grown these before and they are a wonderful hybrid sativa.

17 Likes