The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

I had two females, almost identical. Now, I am a much better grower today than I was three years ago, so maybe better results can be achieved. Still probably worth growing out simply because it is a beautiful plant and seems to be the real deal.

3 Likes

Ye …I will give them a go …it’s just the long flowering, the Colombian gold is the same 18-24 weeks…it’s like waiting on a child being born.LOL

Thanks for the info.

P J

3 Likes

This thread has some good pics:

Some buds that I grew:

22 Likes

@Panamajock - No, i don’t believe those seeds are from the @lambchopedd repro. His packaging was very different. I believe the ones in the Fall Box were leftover seeds that @G-paS / Sebring had that people had sent in for dispersal.

4 Likes

That is fucking jungle bud. Those weird tiny calyx that never seem to swell or ripen. More hairs and stems and leaf than bud. Green tasting nasty smoke, hot and harsh.

People have told me it is from too much N but I have let that shit turn yellow and it didn’t ripen. Others have said they need to be grown outside to achieve proper growth. I just think there is as much rope as dope in some of those old lines.

Weird thing is though sometimes sisters will kick out nice plants. Haze is like that too. I used to joke that they should call it Hays instead of Haze because from seed it will kick out a lot of crappy jungle bud as well.

Please don’t take my message as derogatory, rather I am commiserating on similar experiences I have had myself.

10 Likes

Thanks PTB for that info and @TexasTea for that link.very informative.

I’ve stuck 4 in a shot glass anyway….we will see what the future holds.

P J

3 Likes

Lol, bingo man, you nailed it. Yeah, it was all hairs and very little calyx.

2 Likes

Cool, I hope you get interesting results. It was a fun plant regardless and I will follow along. :wink:

2 Likes

Ace Honduras x Panama. I have grown these before and they are a wonderful hybrid sativa.

17 Likes

Pistils out of control there! Anyone ever grown plain old Panama?

3 Likes

The ones I sent out came from @Guitarzan and the Freakers.

:green_heart: :seedling:

8 Likes

Message inbound. It’ll take pollen for sure. Hoping the pollen i got is still viable and that you have the weather to finish seed… that Durban has a great look to it.

1 Like

I grew some manipur with tiny calyxes and tiny resin. Surprised its tasty and potent it looks almost nothing like it did in pics of it grown under the tropical sun. Maybe these plants need some veg time to filly develop or they just need tropical sun? Maybe only stand out plants have swollen calyxes. When dry it Looks like hay, no doubt. Smoked better though lol.

2 Likes

Just ace version and snowhigh double panama which is 2 panamas. A modern and an old panama

3 Likes

I’ve grew double jam it was good on its own should be a great cross.

3 Likes

I’d take those AG buds over anything commercially available onthe retail/medical market where I am based. What sort of light strength / type did you use on 'em?

2 Likes

They looked nice but tasted terrible. I use 3000k Bridgelux COB LEDs in my little closet under the stairs. Works out well because being under the stairs I have multiple levels and can shuffle plants around according to height.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s some harsh looking stuff there. :laughing: Obviously grown well but lotsa chaff.

2 Likes

I really just wanted to say if I was not for this thread I may have never thought of or wanted to grow any longer term sativa’s after my oxacana run was so successful I’m definitely planning more of them
Now I want to grow all of them lol

Small tent is going to be Mexican death sativa next
And maybe Acapulco gold
I wish I had a sativa room only

Thanks

11 Likes

I’ve been thinking about doing just that. Like a vacation room with long flowering plants.

5 Likes