The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Thank you!

5 Likes

That’s what they like…El Valle de Cauca …Corinto country they thrive in Humidity…and rainfall…high altitude…

Same with a Llanera (Colombian black)…
Punta Roja ( red point) the same.

The thing about the wet season in Central America I grasped …was it’s so different.

Three hours of downpour some days …then the sun comes out for four or five…then real hot for hours …and a downpour…Plants love it….
And Equitorial is the Key to all that.

I’m sure Sativas are natural here…by the way a indicas do ok as well!

P J

8 Likes

I have noticed that myself. They really prefer hot and humid.

7 Likes

Beautiful plant! 🪴

4 Likes

Wow, that’s gotta be the longest I’ve ever heard of. Meanwhile I’m over here growing 6 week varieties and checking my watch every 5 minutes.

11 Likes

Ye the same.
Red point.
Punta Roja
And Panama red.

Panama only existed as a province of Colombia till 1903

P J

3 Likes

Whaa….that be some kind of record.

Probably a miss print

Regards

P J

3 Likes

well, i dont… dont dicdate what i knoiw.

i googled humidity in panama.
least humid is March 40 percent
most humid is Nov. 78 Percent…

so, i guess for a realistic imitation of Panama youre not quiet right with 90 percent , and air circulation? anyway

i mean the month youre approximately imitating might be october ? (wich floweringtime do they have?)… if that the case, probably 70 percent would be accurate… (i mean who nows wich part of panama they came from anyway.? probably some places are dryer?

anyway

2 Likes

Ye

But I did say …and that goes for anywhere…

But there is always fluctuations in the weather.

Thanks

2 Likes

so then what is the average moisture, you tell me… i just asked google. probably you can make more precise statement.

ok, i googled again, i either missread humidity for march, its 56 percent… but i think were more interested in the november…

1 Like

Maybe this site can help you out.

I’m only a grower …as I said weather ,especially with global warming fluctuates.

And there is micro-climates as well …to contend with.

P J

H

2 Likes

basically not interfering with what i said i think…(after the correction).

100 percent in some places it says. not every place… so… like i said…average humidity peaks in nov. around 78percent.

3 Likes

Playing taps for the " third" sister. Started finding male flowers in the buds…and if that wasn’t enough, I couldn’t find the plant a few days ago, and it was left out in our long days again. She/he is stewing in a bucket to be fed to her sisters.

Tough to kill that beauty.
Happy 6 of 7 female plants and 4 males are stable from Old Silversides, a slight hermie. Hope it stays that way. Experiments are always risky. For Silversides, I’ll put up with almost anything to produce a line descended from her.
Outta likes…again lol

16 Likes

I’m checking mine every 4 minutes​:rofl::sweat_smile::rofl::rofl:. I’m at week 20 now. I have AT LEAST 8 weeks with the fast one. Could go 35 weeks with the long one. :sleeping:
I sure hope it’s good! I was told it’s worth growing by the guy @romanoweed convinced to shake the dust off the seeds and run it to make a few fresh ones.

Oaxaca / Peshawar showing the Silversides lineage. Looks just like Oaxaca, but more fanning out at the bud sites.
I

16 Likes

This is the best fertilizer that money can’t buy ! :slight_smile: It’s that good ! It’s so good that you wouldn’t need anything else :slight_smile: for real it’s my favorite

And I would love a chance at some of old silver sides seeds ! I’ve been reading this thread and man! That thing is amazing and I would love to try her smoke holy cow that’s what I call a hash plant! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hola hombres !!! In Mexico :mexico: to day hope this counts .

Melon ( Cantaloupe) agua fresca from Acuńa Mx

Salute Amigos!

12 Likes

She’s really potent. I finally smoked a bud that hadn’t seen rain. 2 in fact. Both were microwaved., and man, it still rattled my cage. Epic smoke.
Then, the next day, that plant ( minisides) was pummeled by a thunderstorm :rofl::joy::rofl:. What can you do? That’s the price you pay for using time growing plants that could have been spent building a greenhouse. @GREANDAL, how are you liking yours? The sativas must appreciate the extra heat.

10 Likes

Just melon juice? Or some tequila found its way in there? Either way, sounds great!

5 Likes