The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

I had that in Peru. Yes, it’s very, very good. I figured out the recipe and make it here in the States. The trick is to brine your fish overnight first.

2 Likes

… furiously scrolls to see if my name magically appeared on such list…. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I couldn’t find that screen shot.

2 Likes

Me either… :expressionless: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh man, white fuzz has ruined more than one batch for me too…I hate when that happens! :smiley:

I try to get stabilized around 60% lately and then put a Boveda pack in. But its too easy to space out and miss one way or the other. Or you think it’s there only to have it creep back up on you. This fall I messed up and went too dry on my last Red Snake jar, but managed to bring it back up and rescue most of the terpenes. Same with Honduras x Panama. Right now I’m struggling with my big Punta Cometa cola and trying to slow dry it.

5 Likes

I guess it is in the “Part one thread” :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Punta Cometa Oaxacan, purple pheno courtesy of Tejas. :wink:

Still not quite dry enough to smoke but I’m sampling a smaller bud anyhow. Leaves a nice candy sweet smell on your fingers that lingers for quite awhile. I’m getting clove, citrus, grass and floral aromas. Really nice! I always enjoy those fragrances and how they change as they fade away on your fingers. To me that is an essential part of the enjoyment, and nearly as important as the effect. I can never understand why people use grinders because they are missing out on an important tactile aspect of the whole smoking ritual.

Flavor is not there yet but I bet it will improve when it is cured. It really isn’t quite smokable yet, but I took a couple of good tokes and this one has promise. :slight_smile:

30 Likes

Gotta love those wisps of purple. Beautiful.

4 Likes

Just confirming you still have my addy from when I sent it originally

1 Like

I have sent seeds to everyone that gave me their address for the Huixtepec. If you gave me an address for different seeds I have gotten rid of it and need it again. I got busted years ago so I never leave anything like that laying around too long.
Screenshot was in thread one just after or before Christmas i think. Maybe it was just before or after New years day. Somewhere in there.

7 Likes

That pco looks nice! For sure the smell Will get stronger when it’s completely dry and cured

4 Likes

I’m good then! We had talked about Double Panama as well, so I’ll resend

1 Like

I did send you some yes.
@GREANDAL yours are ready for tomorrow. I had to find some different seeds for you. There might be one other person I have to send to whose address I already have. @PineTarBastard i think?

6 Likes

Wow! That is a weird one. Someone sent me a pack of these Punta Cometa Oaxacan last year maybe, and I haven’t grown them out yet. That little plant is NOT what I’d expect them to come out looking like! :joy:

10 Likes

I know, right? Crazy looking plant but normal looking cola. :smiley:

6 Likes

Nice dark bud.
Is densy or airy?

I tought that I growed dense buds till going to ams and take a couple of buds there. Rock solid!

Happy growings!

5 Likes

It’s so great all the genetics love that everyone’s passing around these days. Way different from the old days. So glad I hopped back on here, everyone’s truly working to overgrow the planet with the best of the best :metal::v:

14 Likes

Thanks, yeah it looks really promising. It’s fairly dense and smelling nice.

5 Likes

A couple of months curing will reward you with some nice smoke.

7 Likes

I probably sent those to you.

5 Likes